Smok g priv 2 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

For one. There is tons of helpful info on batteries, approved vendors who don't use rewraps and a helpful chart where Mooch has listed all safe batteries and approved vendors.

With that said, at 20--40 watts, you may want to go with something that has longer battery life, not a higher CDR since you aren't going super high on your TC or ramp up wattage. It does make a difference-- I am a low wattage vaper and got a Sony V6 for one Radius, and a regular Samsung 25 that I use in all the rest of my batteries, and the Samsung actually performs better for me. So, peak capacity versus run time does make a difference. It's slight, but it's there.

However, the main thing is ensuring you have safe batteries for your mod, and using Mooch's battery chart will help you.

Apologies for any deficits in terminology... .It's early. But for the most part I use the green Samsungs and have been happy with their performance overall.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...what charger also you recommend for the battery?
I recommend either the Efest LUC V2 or Efest LUC V4, depending upon if you need to charge 2 or 4 batteries simultaneously. Efest makes so-so batteries, but makes great chargers. Reasonable price. The LUC V4 is allegedly one of the few chargers that can charge 4 batteries simultaneously at 1 amp (speed).

20170519142323_677.jpg

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands; suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, discusses what independent charging bays are, LED and Liquid Crystal Display models, and "smart chargers".
What battery you use in a regulated mod depends upon the wattage that you plan to vape at and the top wattage that the mod can allegedly handle. SMOK states that the G Priv2 is capable of 240 watts. That sounds rather optimistic for a dual battery mod.

In the interests of keeping things simple:

If you use a good quality 20 amp CDR battery like the Samsung 30Q or the LG HG2 then you are good for 60 watts per battery. If using a 2-battery regulated mod, your good for 120 watts as you have two batteries. If you are using a 3-battery mod, you're good for 180.

If you use a single 30 amp CDR battery like the LG HB6 you are good up to 90 watts; with a pair of 30 amp CDR batteries you could safely do 180 watts assuming the mod cuts off when the batteries reach 3.4 volts.

30W-60W:
LG 18650HG2 3000mah 20 amp CDR
LG 18650HE2 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Samsung 18650 30Q, 3000 mah 20 amp CDR
Samsung 18650-25R, 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18659VTC6 3000mAh 20A CDR
Sony 18650VTC5, 2600 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC4, 2100 mah 23 amp CDR
AW 18650 3000 mah 20 amp CDR

30W - 75W:
Sony 18650VTC5A, 2500 mah 25 amp CDR

60W or higher:
LG18650HB6 1500mah 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB2 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB4 1500mAh 30 amp CDR

If you will be vaping at less than 120 watts (more than likely), I personally would choose one of the 20A 3000mah batteries for the longest use per charge. If you want to use your so-called 240 watt mod at its fullest potential (not likely), go with the 1500mah 30A batteries. Note that the capacity of a 1500 mah battery is half that of a 3000mah battery.

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I agree with what's already been said. Mooch has done extensive research, and has come up with a list that we all tend to go by. Each battery has their own plus's and minuses, but the LG brand seems to be one of the most recommended batteries around. I have been using some LG HE2's for over a year, and they still work fine...but not as long as they used to, but still good for me.

As far as the chargers go, Either choose Efest or Nitecore. I personally have a Nitecore I4 (an older version of the D4), and it has two 1amp charging channels. Each channel can support two batteries. For the I4, bays 1 and 3 are one channel, and bays 2 and 4 are the second channel. So, if I put two batteries in, one in slot one, one in slot two, they will charge at 1 amp. If I put a third one in slot 3, then batteries one and three will charge at 500 Miliamp (.5 amps) and the one in slot 2 will charge at 1 amp.... Keep that into account if you have multiple mods and batteries. I have a Releaux RX200 which takes three batteries. When you marry batteries, charging them at the same amperage is important. So, I have a few single battery mods for "to go" mods... I always try to charge a fourth battery as well when I charge the Releaux batteries so they charge evenly. jI think the Efest LUC chargers charge independently so I wouldn't have to go through that hassle.

Their (Efest) batteries, however, are "meh"... nothing outstanding, but there are definitely better out there.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I'd probably go with the Samsung 30Q cells for your usage. @Baditude is correct regarding Efest chargers, but I won't buy them because I don't like the way they overrate their batteries. I recommend Nitecore chargers instead. I use the D4 as my go-to charger, and I have an I4 and (I think) 2 D2s as traveling machines. The only difference between them is the D series has a nice LCD screen that offers a lot of battery data, while the I series has to scrape by with a few LED lights to indicate charge. Otherwise they're the same chargers. Get a 2bay if you can get by, or a 4 bay if you want to charge a bunch of them at once.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
What they said, Samsung 30q or maybe Sony VTC 5a/6.

I lived my Luc 4, and I live my Blu 6 from efeat. Wouldn't buy their batteries but love their chargers. Also have a Nitecore that's good. Just like the Lucs because they will give a readout.

Welcome.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi guys im new here ..I have recently bought Smok g priv 2 the touch screen and wondering which battery i should be using with it ...im using it with always the TCR on 100 c and between 20 to 40 w ...what charger also you recommend for the battery
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...attery-current-draw-for-a-regulated-mod.7532/
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread