Smok g priv 2 best coils to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I’m relatively new to vaping and i just picked up the smok g priv 2. At my local vape shop there are a ton of coils to choose from, however i have no clue which ones are best used with this specific box mod. Any suggestions on which smok coils are best would be great. Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Looks like you have a little reading to do in order to determine which coils may suit you.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vape 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I hope that you prefer a direct lung draw and higher wattage settings, because that is what you'll get with any SMOK mod and tank. Probably would not have been my first, second, or third choice for a new vaper.

SMOK tanks are primarily designed for cloud chasers, IMHO. If you find the SMOK tanks/coils are not for you, I recommend a MTL (mouth-to-lung) tank like the Innokin Zenith.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Welcome to ECF @danny178

To answer your question without going into recommending other tanks, given that you will go through many coils during the lifetime of your new Smok device, I’d suggest trying the different ones they offer and draw your own conclusion. You get 2 different coils with your kit. Use them for a few days each and perhaps document what you like or dislike about them. There is no best coil for we all have our own personal preferences. The best coil would be the one that suits you the most.

J-Pok

Sep 12, 2018

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
When i started vaping, i was a smok fan. I couldnt understand why anybody would not like their products. They leak i would hear. I figured how to make it not leak. The coils dont last long i would hear. I figured out how to get the most use out of them. But i will say, their QC is a little better than it used to be. But they make way too many products that are basically the same thing in many packages. The biggest gripe is their tanks come in too many different sizes and by that i mean there is the xbaby, baby beast, big baby beast, cloud beast, cloud king and the latest cloud prince. Not one coil they make is interchangeable from one tank to the next. But functionally, these tank all work exactly the same. Same basic design. The only new innovation as of late is the mesh coil. And thats not really new. Just new for smok. I dont hate smok, but i wont be buying anymore of their products. Ive found other things i like much better.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
The biggest gripe is their tanks come in too many different sizes and by that i mean there is the xbaby, baby beast, big baby beast, cloud beast, cloud king and the latest cloud prince. Not one coil they make is interchangeable from one tank to the next.
*cough* The "baby" tanks all share the "baby" coils. and a list of roughly 50+ other compatible coils from different manufacturers. having a baby beast, a big baby beast, or a baby prince, entitles you to the biggest choice of coils imaginable.

plus, troubleshooting those tanks is easy, and there are tons of cheap replacements parts to be bought everywhere on the web. I like that safety net so much that I ordered me a 2nd BBB just yesterday.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think Smok's tanks are getting more popular than their mods (okay maybe not) but the good news is they are highly interchangeable when it comes to coils. I don't know which one is "best" for you, but the good news is you have a lot of possible variety I'd say pay attention to which resistances seem to do the trick for you as far as flavor/heat/clouds and then do some judicious experimenting in smaller quantities (if you can).

Good luck and welcome.

Anna

Reactions: J-Pok
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread