SMOK Guardian 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hiss starts maybe a 1/4 of a second after the button is pressed, after the coil warms up correct? I'm talking about the buzz that happens instantly when the button is pressed. You may have to turn up your volume to hear it. It seems odd because sometimes the buzz stops after a second, other times it keeps going for the whole vape and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

A good amount of vapour is being produced and I hope these are just normal sounds, I'm just worried that I'll kill another top and have to wait the 2 weeks for a replacement.

How high do you have the wattage set for? If at 15w that could explain any buzzing sound since some tanks will max out between 4.2v-4.4v when they start getting hot.

With the smok Tumblers I run usually on the VW batteries they run great at 7w and sometimes turned upto 10w for some flavors while at 13w the coils would cook!With the Nautilus 5ml in use on the G2 the sound of the coil heating there is instantaneous without any delay. And that will be the only thing heard even when pressing the back side of the wood body against my ear trying to listen for anything else. Yet on other mods the Nautilus will see a second or two delay.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I thought this would be the best place to ask this question, since the last reply is pretty recent.

Can someone please let me know if you think the tanks I own will look decent on the Guardian 2? There's a new cavendish tobacco liquid I'd like to try, and it just seems "right" to get an e-pipe for it. (Or... that's an excuse to go shopping.) ;) And the VW is appealing, obviously. My only concern is I only using the Aspire BVC heads (non-Nautilus) nowadays, and I don't want to get the Guardian if my tanks are too small and will look completely ridiculous on it.

I have a Beyond Vape Silo Lite, a couple Mini Vivi Nova S's, Vivi Nova S, ET-S, and a K1. I'm just worried because when I Google search images of the pipe there are a lot of big Subtanks, Nautiluses, Kayfuns, etc. I know the Guardian comes with an Ego thread cover, but I'm assuming it's 22mm.

Thanks!

Charleston

Jan 8, 2015
Norfolk, UK
This is what it looks like with an iclear 30s using the included guardian thread cover IMAG0806.jpg

Here's another look with both Guardian epipes the first being a mech mod where I replaced the drip tip on the Nautilus on the Guardian E-Pipe II mod for the extended epipe type drip tip off of the SMOK T-Dux 4.0 tank seen on the Guardian I..The first shows the standard tip on the Nautilus.

SMOK Guardian II 9 Both Guardians Compared Reduced for ECF.jpg

Now you can see how it looks when the extended tip is moved over to add to the appearance. There are other epipes that have the broad mouth piece but unfortunately limited to their own refillable cartridges and often run upwards of $200-$300 that have a more genuine smoking pipe appearance.

SMOK Guardian II 12 Reduced.jpg

The T-Dux 4.0 tank on the Guardian I is almost identical in size to the Kanger Aerotank Mega both being 510 threaded. The Nautilus however as I tend to agree with Rathamar is matched size wise quite well with the Guardian II as you can see especially in the second photo there due to the epipe like drip tip in use over the shorter stock tip. Smoktech puts out several extended tips whiel that one has the bend at the end to suit an epipe.

Attachments

• Smok_Guardian_Epipe_Mod_II Gold Sample Version Reduced to ECF size.jpg
    Smok_Guardian_Epipe_Mod_II Gold Sample Version Reduced to ECF size.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 92
The extended drip tips always seem to add quite a bit to the feel. Lately I've been running an Aspire Atlantis tank on the Guardian I however.

The 18350s seem to last longer on the mech types over the regulated allowing me to carry that one around with the short tip while the G2 is set to go on the stand for the after dinner type vape. The one drawback with either Guardian model is not finding any type of battery extension as you see with the other SMOK pipe mech mods to add that extra battery time when running with 18650s. Smoktech Pipe Mod Battery Extension

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Yeah there just are not a lot of better mah choices for a 350 though this thing with 1.8ohms and max 15W is only 3.3A assuming 85% efficiency and I really only run the mini at 10W. I don't need a 10A battery, 3 would be just fine.

I am rebuilding the aspire BVC coils with OC to get away from the MMMF or whatever it is.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Supposedly Aspire is now using cotton in the BVC coils. I have not ordered any yet, but it has been posted over in the general vapping discussion with pictures.

I heard that but unless this is crumbly cotton, the ones that came with the mini and the pack I just got from sweetvapes with the G2 and mini ain't.

2015-02-17_0011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread