Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Hi,

Yesterday i received my smok m80 plus and have a quick question about nickel coils which i've got for my atlantis.

Do I have to use ni200 coils in temperature mode or can they be used in normal wattage mode?
Yes ni200 has to be run in temp mode, tis what they are designed for! Good luck hope you enjoy them!

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
Do not use nickel coils in normal wattage mode, however, I have heard that on the M80 Plus, it doesn't really matter if you use nickel or kanthal wire for their current version of TC...it works the same way with either, since it is just doing some sort of wattage/voltage table lookup...I could be wrong though, since I don't own that mod. If you end up not happy with the M80, I suggest picking up an iPV4 as TC works well on it.

Why is the iPV4 being suggested instead of DNA 40? Why cannot there be love for all temperature controlled devices? :(

I've tested Ni200 with just wattage on the M80, the resistance jumps more like it would in a wattage device. When using their TC mode with nickel, it seems to stay between 0.10 - 0.20 ohms oddly enough. On some builds, usually the grub screwed ones, I have had the resistance not budge which I thought not possible with this device.

I would still recommend the SMOK M80's temperature control with RTA's instead of RDA's, it works great for regulating wattage in "some way" but obviously has no means of detecting a dry coil. I would not suggest running kanthal with it on, although it does "work" I don't notice any big improvements over using wattage mode or nickel instead.

Do your research, come to your own conclusions - vape happy! Thanks

Reactions: sucram

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
I suggested an iPV4 as an alternative to the M80, since it is close to the same price range, and does real TC...and does it well, very happy with mine. Some of the new China DNA 40 clone mods work well too...so there are inexpensive options if you want to get your feet wet with real TC. If you are happy with the M80, then more power to you...

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I suggested an iPV4 as an alternative to the M80, since it is close to the same price range, and does real TC...and does it well, very happy with mine. Some of the new China DNA 40 clone mods work well too...so there are inexpensive options if you want to get your feet wet with real TC. If you are happy with the M80, then more power to you...
Right and with all things considered we have a thread with various TC mods hitting the market both DNA and the multitude of china TC mods free to check it out!
More TC mods... | E-Cigarette Forum

Also I have much love to whatever and whichever one would use to accomplish the same goal! If ya enjoy it then ya enjoy it to the fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread