The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok M80 Plus

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Red_Fog, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Red_Fog

Red_Fog Senior Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Singapore
    Hello guys, I am very new here and have been trying to get into the community so I'm sorry if Im doing/did/will do anything wrong and please guide me.
    My first thread will be on a mod I purchased a month ago. Aso btw, I am new to the vaping scene, only have been vaping for as long as I got my mod. What I would like to know is if anyone has any great suggestions on coil builds for this 4400mah mod. (I'm using it with the most recent subtank mini tank). I have tried twisted, dual singles and single coils so far. Twisted burned my cotton and I couldn't seem to get it to work but basically I'm asking for anyone's experience and expertise. Thank you very much. :)

2. Katmar

Katmar Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    What kind of mod is it and what tank are you using? Knowing the brands will help people to help you. Welcome to the forum.....good luck :)

3. Red_Fog

Red_Fog Senior Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Singapore
    It's a Smoktech M80 Plus mod with Kangertech Subtank Mini tank. I'm using the rta, not too fond of the occ. Thanks for the welcome. :)

4. Ou2mame

Ou2mame Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2015
    Long island
    In a all area like the subtank I would stick to a contact coil if 26g, 5 or 6 wraps.

5. Red_Fog

Red_Fog Senior Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Singapore
    That would be for standard flavor and vapor right? Say I wanted slightly, just slightly more cloud, what could I do with some 28g?

And a question out of curiosity & inexperience, what build could hit the maximum 80w output or is this power solely for rda(s)? Are rta(s) not meant to go that high on wattage?

6. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    on your rta - are you using the original or v2 (does it have wicking holes on sides?)?

and welcome!

7. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    likely will not be going nearly that high with the subtank - higher wattage tanks would be crown uwell, smok tfv4 - partially about the coils, partially about the wicking

8. RPNMEN

RPNMEN Full Member

Sep 20, 2015
  9. Red_Fog

Red_Fog Senior Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Singapore
    Well I'm guessing it's the V2 then. It has the wicking holes instead of the juice channels. I'm still not very consistent with my wicking i think, a few times i get the wicking spot on and its very enjoyable but more often than not its either burning out, juice spurting or good but very throat-dry hits which ruins me because i think i would enjoy vaping very much. A month off analogs shows something. haha

Alright, thank you for clarifying that for me. i get very confused when i watch youtube videos and they do all these builds on their rdas but when i try on my tank it falls flat.:unsure:

10. Red_Fog

Red_Fog Senior Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Singapore
    Update: Well I just did a single vertical with 28g, 2mm, weirdly jumping around from .97 to 1.12 ohms, and I've got to say it's working well so far, no dry killer throat hits with my 30/70 cloudchaser honeydew mix. I think it's pretty good but we'll have to see how it fares for a few hours or a day. Still looking for that perfect flavourful-cloud chucking vape for this tank tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.