Smok Mag 225 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I wisely bought a stick shift, bottom of the line Mazda 3, it doesn't even have an alarm system.

I like to drive, not fiddle around with buttons, and I figured it was my last chance to have fun before you know, I can't get anything fun. :)

Unfortunately I am loaning it to my mom when she comes to visit, it's probably going to need a new clutch, sigh.

Zoom zoom. Although my favorite car ever was a Saab with turbo power or whatever that's called. Unfortunately it belonged to my dad, and he refused to give it to me, I was given his beater Volvo, at the time I was annoyed, but that was a pretty good boat, I mean car, for a long time.

Anna
Had a Three for ten years. Loved that car!!! Sold it to a friend who is still stacking miles on it. And yes a stick! This time I went with a Six but still with a stick. Got as few "features" as possible. Lovin this little car as well.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't count the number of times I've walked up to the Nox, reaching into my pocket for the keys or go to remove the key from the ignition once parked. I'm still trying to figure out all the things I can do with a smart phone, now it can link to the Nox so I could even text via voice commands (yes, the Nox even has 4G and wifi). Then, if that is not enough, a windows 10 update keeps pestering me to link my phone to my desktop computer! Man, I can't keep up with technology!

Oh, the old sync the phone with your car to make things work right. Does it have automated parallel parking? There's something about watching a car park itself that's unsettling.

You have a bunch of vape manufacturers all chasing the same mass market consumer, and I understand that the price point is key. But I have to question all those new product designs, that rarely bring anything really new to the market, popping up every week from the same manufacturer (looking at you smok). Maybe decrease the priority of getting a new design out every day before lunch and there would be more time, and money, to address QC issues and still keep within their price structure. The ones that get me are the tanks released that use factory coils (and this actually not a Smok issue, they're pretty good about this) and the models turn over so fast the coils aren't even available after a few months.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd actually love to have automated parallel parking and backup assist, but I'm not going to do it. Sheesh I'm getting old(er) and might as well maintain the skills I have. I think it's just getting a bit too easy to do everything, and you know what they say about exercising your brain.

I used to be a fine parallel parker but that's a rarity unless I'm downtown which I utterly hate doing. I avoid that area at all costs, the last time I went there (to deal with a speeding ticket) I ended up doing an accidental hit and run (while parallel parking-- I thought I curbed it and then zoomed off to find a "better" parking place which was unfortunately handicapped, so I got a $400 ticket for that and a $1500 bill for fixing someone's bumper.)

It was not a good day in the Anna Household at all.

Hmm... maybe I need more practice (to be fair to myself, the last time I went I was still smoking and had pneumonia and didn't know it. I wasn't very with it, unfortunately, I wish I'd just paid that thing by mail, Very Much do I wish that.

I will say vaping instead of smoking has improved my driving phenomenally.

I've never had a high speed accident, though! Because that's when you really need to pay attention apparently.... :(

Oh right, Smok mods. You can see why I don't own one, apparently. Even if I were a sub0hmer I wouldn't risk it. Because with my luck it would blow up.....

Anna

Reactions: Eskie

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I'm the fringe market and I know it. I don't mind a bit dropping $150 to $200 bucks on a mod that will do what it says it will do and last for awhile. Hell, I fill up the car and it's $35. If I want a meal out that isn't a synthetic substance it's $30 to $50. Hell, I pay over $100 a month to have a television in my home which has the singular purpose of selling me .... I don't want. Relatively, the mods I seek do not seem expensive to me.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm the fringe market and I know it. I don't mind a bit dropping $150 to $200 bucks on a mod that will do what it says it will do and last for awhile. Hell, I fill up the car and it's $35. If I want a meal out that isn't a synthetic substance it's $30 to $50. Hell, I pay over $100 a month to have a television in my home which has the singular purpose of selling me .... I don't want. Relatively, the mods I seek do not seem expensive to me.

I've just come up with a mix of tanks, some on the high end, and some on the lower which I view as beaters. Part of it came with the great vapocalypse stocking when Deeming first came out and cramming in all sorts of mods made sense. Well sorta did. But now that I do have my stash mods, my throw in a pocket mods, and some nice mods that should hold up well over time, I've gotten a lot more critical in what I'll buy. The truth is, for me at least, there's been nothing hitting the market in the last several months that appear worth bothering with. It's more of the same old, same old, and while I know there are folks who like to collect things in different colors, that isn't for me.

Given I smoked a pack a and a half a day at $12.50 a pack where I live, I could buy a $100 mod every week and still come out ahead.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Well, I'd happily spend another $140 on a Therion, wouldn't drop a dime in anything else. Lost Vape isn't the best at CS either, but I posted 1 question on FB and they reached out to me.

Their understanding of the small issue was way off, but I give them credit for trying. Same with Voopoo.

Of course with a name like Voopoo you pretty much have to work overtime to keep a good image.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Well, I'd happily spend another $140 on a Therion, wouldn't drop a dime in anything else. Lost Vape isn't the best at CS either, but I posted 1 question on FB and they reached out to me.

Their understanding of the small issue was way off, but I give them credit for trying. Same with Voopoo.

Of course with a name like Voopoo you pretty much have to work overtime to keep a good image.

Lost Vape is one of the best manufacturers out there imo, they actually took the time to program the board before they sell them and the build quality is top notch.

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
I absolutely love mine. It's attractive, reliable, has options I like.

Asked and answered on FB group, the Pulse BF bottle fits, and it's a gorgeous black. 2 on order. Custom tip and another drop coming.
If Vader had a BF vape, would look like mine will. :)

Did I mention I love mine?

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I've just come up with a mix of tanks, some on the high end, and some on the lower which I view as beaters. Part of it came with the great vapocalypse stocking when Deeming first came out and cramming in all sorts of mods made sense. Well sorta did. But now that I do have my stash mods, my throw in a pocket mods, and some nice mods that should hold up well over time, I've gotten a lot more critical in what I'll buy. The truth is, for me at least, there's been nothing hitting the market in the last several months that appear worth bothering with. It's more of the same old, same old, and while I know there are folks who like to collect things in different colors, that isn't for me.

Given I smoked a pack a and a half a day at $12.50 a pack where I live, I could buy a $100 mod every week and still come out ahead.
Exactly! And you are absolutely correct. The really good mods are few and far between, but if you own good reliable mods who cares? In the last three months the only one I saw that I got excited about was the Drone and that isn't new, it's just a function of another factory run and restocking. Got one due in Monday.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I love the Therions. I like them more than the Triade as they fit in a jacket/coat pocket (not pants). Throw a top air OBS Engine on it and it's the perfect no leak carry. Right now I'm sitting on my hands waiting on the DNA 250C to drop and grab a Therion version. I'm a moderate power user and two batteries will get me through a day without an issue, so I might skip a Triade version.

The other thing I like are all the different backs. You can change the look whenever you're in the mood and make it feel kinda new.

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
I have a Stainless Drop arriving maybe today. Post Office pulled it's usual stuff Saturday. This will give me an all black Drop. On Facebook I found out the Pulse Black bottles fit and actually fit better and are darker than Lost Vapes black. 2 arriving this week. John Beam on FB makes custom tips. He replicated the Drops white tip in grey black.

Can't wait to get it all, will post.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I only buy from my vape shop or one of three USA online vendors, non of which show an option for presales yet. I can wait until one of those has it for sale, but was hoping that would be my Christmas present to me! Will make the trip (100 miles) to my "local" shop next week and see if they even have plans on getting it in.

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I'm gonna try the TFV12 Prince, took advantage of BF deals and have the tank coming (supposed to be here Friday). If I like the tank, then I'll go for the kit when it becomes available. If not, I'll wait for availability of the mod only. Really hoping I like the Prince since the kit price point puts the cost of the mod very reasonable.

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
We planned our monthly trip to the city (180 miles round trip) for Monday and yes, that includes a stop at my "local" favorite vape shop. By coincidence, they advertised that they have the Mag kit in stock and available as of last night! Although in early use, the Prince tank is seemingly working nicely. Sure seems like fate has "aligned the stars", so if they have a color option I like, will come home with the kit. I am surprised to see it available at a shop before online.

ETA: Saw a couple online with limited choices, but none of my regular vendors has it yet.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Half way through the second tank of juice on the TFV12 Prince, the flavor started coming in pretty darn nice. So now I am good with the Prince and it may even improve as I try the other coils.

Got to my vape shop today and indeed, they had some in stock. I was wanting the black/red, but all they had was gold, purple, and silver. They checked with their 4 other shops, but no better choices (well, a couple did still have the pink :w00t:). Having the opportunity to hold one in hand and they let me try it with my Prince tank and I was impressed with how well it fit in my hands......so much so I went with the silver. Some quick pics:

Mag 1.jpg Mag 2.jpg Mag3.jpg

I decided to get a new flavor for an all out new experience, so bought and filled it with some Dunkd Peanut Butter (cookie/milk) that went really nice, vaped it for 4 hours straight. And while I was there, they sold the purple one and said they were already trying to get more in.

I can see this is not for everybody, but I am really liking it. Very nice, comfortable fit in my wonky hands and the Prince is turning out to maybe be my favorite tank. Navigating the menu is different then the Alien, AL85, G-Priv, and GX2/4, so will take some reading and getting used to. All in all, a thumbs up from me!

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Right smart looking set up. I like that menu/display.

Reminds me of my laser thermometer. Same shape. Yours look a lot better.

Very glad to hear you like it. All that matters really. Think that display with it's colors really does look sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread