SMOK MAG is great with a couple Major FLAWS - LEFT HANDED ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

lusayalmino

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
NY
I'd like to get others' thoughts on this mod. I absolutely love this mod - easiest battery switching ever. I have two things I wish were different though:

1) It's left handed [the mag release is left thumb -- when using in right hand, not only is the mag (battery) release not available to the right thumb, but the entire display is hidden by the right hand].

2) The voltage only displays when firing and since (if right handed) your hand is blocking the entire screen -- it can't even be seen when firing. I wish it could be changed off of "Working Voltage"

I suspect smok was trying to differentiate themselves from other vendors that released mag mods before them. Too bad.

I'm shocked that none of the reviewers I've seen seem to point any of these flaws out; they seem significant to me. Thoughts?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
These things never made sense to me, at least in the US. Why do you want to pretend to have a gun? You’re over 18. If you want a gun buy a gun. Admittedly it dramatically increases your risk of premature death by shooting yourself either accidently or on purpose, but hey you were probably a smoker too risk aversion is probably not your thing.
Imho if you want to pretend to have a gun buy a cordless drill. It’s got the same battery design, it’s arguably more gun shaped, and you can use it to wrap Claptons. Win win

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Technically it’s “sinister unnatural freaks.” Sinister literally means left handed.
I know, during my academic career one of my fields of expertise was a specific segment of occultism called "the left hand path", which some of my subjects liked to call "via sinistra" [emoji16] Kinda sad that I'm not a lefty myself [emoji5]

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
These things never made sense to me, at least in the US. Why do you want to pretend to have a gun? You’re over 18. If you want a gun buy a gun. Admittedly it dramatically increases your risk of premature death by shooting yourself either accidently or on purpose, but hey you were probably a smoker too risk aversion is probably not your thing.
Imho if you want to pretend to have a gun buy a cordless drill. It’s got the same battery design, it’s arguably more gun shaped, and you can use it to wrap Claptons. Win win

It is not about thinking you have a gun:shock: It is about having a nice grip on your mod. Haven't you ever dropped or almost dropped you mod? How in the world does it admittedly dramatically increase of shooting yourself :unsure:. No gun I know of has a barrel facing up. If you have ever shot a pistol before you should have been taught the 4 RULES OF GUN SAFETY!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I almost always vape left handed too, although I am ashamed to admit there have been times I've double fisted it, LOL, usually if I'm vaping in a hurry and want to taste more than one flavor. Maybe I should get two of these, LOL.

My dad was a lefty trained into right handedness, and my older brother is one too, but not retrained. So my dad was a bit ambidextrous and my brother was always pointing out decreased life span of lefties due to a world that didn't respect them enough to provide "safe" implements. :) So I've always noticed lefties, and interestingly the tribe I used to work at is filled with lefties, a much higher proportion than the general populace....

Wow, that's a sign I really don't want to go back. I'd like a nice, peaceful job at Walmart with no dramaz or off-hours emergencies, LOL. I've been rethinking my priorities and since many Social Workers burn out after the first couple years, I may have hit my limits at around 16 years in that field, so I had a good run. :)

With that said, lefthanded or not, I really don't want to be vaping it in the car at night, get pulled over and have "guns" drawn only mine doesn't work? That doesn't sound good to me at all.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hey if you’re worried about a gun shaped mod, don’t go looking for a Coolfire 2. Grenade shaped mods are way more likely to cause you problems if you use it in public than something like that mag. The Coolfire is a definite shoot before asking “put the grenade down” situation. At least where I live.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD VAPE THAT IN PUBLIC. LOL. :lol::lol:. I have a healthy respect for the cops around here, and by that I mean that usually, I feel like I'm dealing with an orangutan with a gun. If it were not so off topic, I would tell my "loose horse" story. Heh. But be a "concerned" citizen, prepare to be greeted with contempt and an overabundance of testosterone. I don't think my husband has EVEN yelled at me that much, I wasn't doing anything wrong, and the cop and I weren't even married (thank God).

But a grenade shaped.... :lol::lol::lol:

Anna

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Hey if you’re worried about a gun shaped mod, don’t go looking for a Coolfire 2. Grenade shaped mods are way more likely to cause you problems if you use it in public than something like that mag. The Coolfire is a definite shoot before asking “put the grenade down” situation. At least where I live.

Now that was a stupid idea to come up with that mod for sure

lusayalmino

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
NY
I set my mod to what I like and don't need to change it. I don't look at my settings every time I take a draw. Also I can vape with either hand just saying.

Yes, I have a lot of lefties in my life -- and I'm glad for people who make products for lefties! Well, I'm only vaping with my left hand now (have no choice with this device) and I'm actually sort of grateful. Now I can vape while still doing everything with my right hand (e.g. computer mouse). So while it's a tad challenging, I'm actually looking forward to it!

lusayalmino

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
NY
I set my mod to what I like and don't need to change it. I don't look at my settings every time I take a draw. Also I can vape with either hand just saying.

That's great for you - seriously. I couldn't be more different, constantly changing my settings on my RDA (different wattages for every juice I drip) and I always look at how long my puffs were, how many puffs are left on my puff counter, battery life, etc, etc.

lusayalmino

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
NY

LOL right! Well, I suspect that most of the people who buy the MAG already own guns ;o) Honestly, have you used this thing or watched the reviews? Despite it being left handed, I bought it any how because 1) It's unbelievably comfortable for all day RBA vaping 2) I change my batteries about 4-5 times per day and this makes it faster, easier, and smoother than anything else I've ever used. Not to mention, now it's actually FUN to change the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread