Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Product preface:
    smok's classic MAG series is renewed with the latest addition, the Mag P3 230W dual 18650 with IP67 certifications on its waterproof characteristics (it is able to withstand immersion in water between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes), dustproof and shockproof. The new IQ-M Chipset with 32bit processor has a reaction to fire of only 0.001 seconds, has a super responsive 1.9 "HD touchscreen, also offers a very rich but simple interface to access many functions, such as the keyboard to set the password to lock / unlock the device, very useful in case of children around the house.
    The Kit includes a remarkable 9 ml TFV16 tank, with a new 0.2 Ohm conical-coil nexMesh, which thanks to its conical structure maximizes the entry of air from the bottom.

I thank smok for sending this product and start my review, happy reading.

Steaming Revolver ..

0.JPG

The packaging of the Smok MAG P3 KIT shows the device (green) which reflects exactly what we will find inside it, also the image and the two icons placed on the side (IP67) remind us that the device is waterproof, dustproof, shockproof and uses Nex-Mesh technology for its new 0.2 Ohm Conical coil.
    On the back side of the package, in addition to the anti-counterfeiting holographic adhesive and the warnings, we find the scratch and check with the two codes A and B verifiable on the Smok website.

1.jpg

These 3 sides of the packaging, show the icons that represent the salient features of the device, in the image in the center the contents are listed, in the last image are listed the official website of the manufacturer, the support email addresses, the bar code, finally the usual logos and brands.

2.jpg

Opening the package we find ourselves in front of the mod, under it there is an additional compartment that contains all the remaining pieces of the kit.

3.jpg

The complete kit is composed as follows:

1x SMOK MAG P3 Mod
    1x TFV16 Tank (9mL)
    1x TFV16 Mesh 0.17O Coil (Pre-Installed)
    1x TFV16 Dual Mesh 0.12O Coil
    1x Silicone ring to protect the bubble glass.
    1x Replacement glass
    1x USB cable C
    1x User manual
    1x Certificate of Guarantee
    1x battery wrap warnings
    Various Spare Parts such as 0'ring and seals.

4.jpg

Below we can read the specifications of the Mod, TFV16 or TFV-Mini V2 Tank (the kit is available with one of the 2 tanks of your choice)

5.jpg

The weight of the kit without the batteries stands at 347 grams, while in "running order" with the batteries and the TFV16 full of liquid the value rises to 450 grams.

6.jpg

There are 5 colors available, my copy for this review is green.

7.JPG

The upper part of the mod shows a central cup with floating pin able to accommodate atomizers up to 35mm in diameter without protrusions, the 4 screws arranged on this plane are protected and hidden from view by 4 waterproof silicone caps.
    This image also shows the lower part of the mod which bears the C E logo, the mark for disposal and the writing designed by Smok.

8.jpg

The Micro-Usb port is protected by this efficient rubber cap (waterproof) you can charge the device by connecting it to a computer via the included USB cable or to a wall using a charger (DC 5 V 1.8 A) the indicator turns off when the device is fully charged.

9.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The front view shows the fire button and under it an insert that mimics the carbon fiber, on the opposite side under the other carbon / look insert, there is the button for opening the battery compartment.

10.jpg

The button for opening the battery compartment once pressed quickly releases releasing the flap energetically, in these images we also notice the various positive / negative contacts gold plated and clearly marked by the +/- symbols for the correct insertion of our 18650 cells.

11.jpg

New user interface and 32 Bit Smok IQ-M chip.

12.jpg

With the usual 5 clicks we turn the mod on / off, with 3 clicks we can also lock / unlock the fire button, then the word Firekey locked or unlocked will appear.

13.jpg

As on a mobile phone, with the sliding "touch screen" arrow located at the bottom of the 1.9 "HD screen we can unlock the padlock (top center) and adjust the wattage of 1 watt at a time up to 230W, if we press the small icon in the upper left corner will access the menu, in the upper right corner we can see the symbols of the 2 batteries with the charge indicators.
    Inside the circle in the center of the display we find information about the vaping mode that we are using, (in this case Watt Norm) and the puff time, also below this circle the value of the coil, the amperes, the volts and the number of puffs.

14.jpg

Again in VW mode, it is possible to select 3 different SOFT / NORMAL / HARD delivery steps

15.jpg

The TC Mode function allows you to select the settings for the materials of the various coil types.

16.JPG

With the My Mode function it is possible to select, name and save 4 different profiles such as preferred wattage, preheat, based on the nicotine concentrate or the aroma we are using.

17.jpg

Puff setting
    Here we can reset the number of puffs or we can set a maximum of puffs after which the mod will not deliver until a new intervention.

18.jpg

The setting system is divided into 4 parts: general setting, chip information, theme setting and passcode setting, 6 colors are selectable for the background of the 1.9 "HD screen

19.JPG

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Stealth ON / OFF

This interesting option, if disabled, allows us to significantly reduce battery consumption, as the system full of features and colors has a significant impact on autonomy, you can select ON / OFF simply and quickly with 2 clicks on the fire.

21.JPG

Multiple protections

MAG P3 offers different types of protections to avoid potential risks.

22.JPG

Smok TFV16

This time I won't talk about TFV16 as it has already been widely reviewed, you can take a look here: Smok tfv16 tank

-------------------------------------------------- --------
    Conclusions.

I was looking forward to the arrival of my first Big Battery from the Smok house, it has finally arrived!
    I am also happy with the color assigned to me (kawasaki green), but above all I was impressed by the ergonomics and portability of this device in the face of a weight and dimensions that are anything but contained, it really seems to hold a gun or rather a big pistol, with the least effort! The rubberized surface protects the box from accidental impacts and gives a very pleasant feeling to the touch, all the details such as the fire button, the carbon / look inserts and the design of its lines seem tailor-made for my hand, the finishes are well executed, every detail has its reason, good Smok you deserve a 10 with honors!

With the IP67 specifications applied, this mod resists water, dust and shocks (I have not done diving or crash tests) but the impression is extremely solid; the details such as the battery compartment opening button, the rubber protection on the micro / usb socket, the fixing screws of the body hidden and protected, are really well made solutions, they really give me confidence also for the watertight seal of the device.

The 32 Bit Smok IQ-M Chipset offers simple and immediate access to the setting thanks to its control divided into 4 parts, you will need very little time to learn to navigate inside it, it is also responsive and full of functions, for the energy saving you can quickly turn off the screen with 2 clicks, this allows us to obtain a maximum vaping autonomy for the 2 18650 cells.

I like the tamarra aesthetic to the nth degree very much and I don't care to be criticized, tastes are tastes, I have sober boxes, I also like to use devices like this depending on the situation.

If you like her look you can find it at a price of $ 89.99 on the official store: SMOK® Official Store

While on the various online shops in the best hypotheses I think it will be around 50/60 euros, take it easy, it works very well.

I want to thank Smok very much for sending me this device in exchange for my impressions: Mag P3 Kit - Vape Kits | SMOK® Official Site

Smok Mag P3.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread