Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The smok Mag Pod mod Kit 40W is the newest member of the smok Mag family.

1.jpg

It is powered by an internal 1300mAh battery with 40W of maximum output power.

It adopts the same ergonomic design as a pistol handle, the zinc alloy body, the leather element and its small size create a very good handling feeling giving good tactile feedback.

The front panel houses a large 1.3 inch TFT colorful display, which can clearly show the vaping data.

A glance will be enough to detect the resistance value, the working voltage, the current, the number of puffs, the output power and the battery life.

The Smok Mag Pod Mod Kit 40W uses multiple protections to ensure the vape in safety and reliability.
    The Pod Tank can contain up to 3 ml of liquid, the control verification thanks to the transparency of the pod is greatly facilitated.

The Drip-Tip 510 is removable, so everyone can use their favorite by replacing the original.

There are two airflow channels on the top suitable for MTL and Restricted Flavor vaping.
    The refill system uses a sliding lifting cap for the safety of children and to facilitate the filling of liquid.

Included in the kit are the 0.4Ω Mesh Coil RPM and the 0.8Ω MTL DC RPM Coil, the kit is also compatible with other RPM series coils.

Enjoy the reading

On the front of the package, under the SMOK brand, we find the image of the device surrounded by the main features in the form of an icon, at the bottom the words "Mag Pod Kit" and the reference to the color (Matte Blue).
    On the back are listed, the content, warnings, logos and brands.

2.jpg

Laterally we find: Scratch & Check, place of origin, serial number, barcode, hologram, other information on anti counterfeiting control, address, website, service, email.

3.jpg

The kit includes:
    1 Smok Mag 40W device
    1 Pod RPM 3ml
    1 Coil RPM Mesh of 0.4Ω 25W
    1 Coil RPM DC MTL of 0,8Ω 16W
    1 USB cable
    1 User Manual

4.jpg

Smok Mag 40W Pod Kit Specifications:
    Material: zinc alloy + leather
    Dimensions: 90.8 × 46.5 × 19.4mm
    Weight: 100g
    Output power: 1-40W.
    User mode: Variable power
    Battery: built-in 1300mAh
    Display: 1.3 inch color TFT screen
    Resistance Range Supported: 0.3-2.5ohm
    Standby current: <140uA
    Input voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Output voltage: 0.5-4.0V
    Charging voltage: DC5V / 0.95A max
    E-liquid capacity: 3ml
    Micro USB charging port with a maximum speed of 0.95A.
    Coil options: compatible with all Coil RPM series
    Coil detection: intelligent
    Puff monitoring system
    8s cut-off
    Short circuit protection
    Overheating protection
    Low battery warning

5.jpg

6.jpg

Available colours:
    Matt red, matt gold, gun metal, matt blue, matt black

7.jpg

Description of the design:
    The appearance of this Mod can like it or not, personally I find it captivating and gritty, naturally very ergonomic! Because by emulating the form factor of a revolver, the result is undoubtedly just that.
    I have always appreciated Smok for having the courage and the cunning to transfer this concept to their line of vaporization devices called "MAG".
    In addition the materials combined together of; zinc alloy, leather, plastic, PCTG and steel are well amalgamated, the mod in hand offers a feeling of solidity, the finishes are really good at the sight.

The embossed panel shows a huge and comfortable color display containing all the information useful for vaping.
    The Up / Down buttons are placed on a comfortable rocker.

8.jpg

In relief is also the part that houses the valuable leather insert to emulate the "cheek" on the .... of the weapon, this design is also taken up by the small plastic insert at the top.
    Note the large transparent surface of the refillable pod.

9.jpg

A top view of the Mag Pod with its elements, the removable and replaceable drip-tip seems to refer to the rear sight to frame the target, the refill cap instead recalls a bullet stuck in the pod, but also depending on the perceptions own, it might remind you of a kind of extractor on the trolley.

The Fire button emulates the trigger of the revolver, the index finger of the hand adapts perfectly to its profile.
    The USB charging socket is housed in the lower part of this side.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The quick coupling / release mechanism of the Pod is just like the "hammer of the pistol" performs its task quickly and precisely, this area is shaped just as if there were also the weapon selector.

11.jpg

On the bottom of the Mod there are the ventilation holes of the cell, there are also the Brand and the indication on the capacity of the integrated 1.300mAh battery.

12.jpg

The shape of the pod compartment is "L", at the top we can see the internal part of the lock / release mechanism, in the center the gold / plated contact pins, again on this plane, in the terminal part, the one above the fire button, a further coupling is obtained for the pod.
    These two solid attachment points also make the battery / coil connection more stable for a correct transfer of electrical impulses.

13.jpg

14.jpg

The Pod:
    The Tank seen from above shows off the two lateral air-flow slots sized for a variable vape from restricted flavor to open MTL / MTL.

The Drip-Tip 510 is equipped with two O'ring and is replaceable with other Drip-Tip 510.

15.jpg

The Coil RPM:
    Smok's Coils are one of the best anti-leaking solutions available on the market, the idea I got is that they have a better and more precise coil / pod coupling than most of the competitors, just look at the size of the o'ring, even in the upper part of the chimney there are two!

This Device does not have an external adjustable air system, it completely relies on the size of the under-coil holes which vary the airiness of the Vaping exclusively based on the type of Coil chosen, RBA-RPM included.

- 0.4Ω RPM coil, this coil is used in the majority of Smok kits with excellent results, in the specific use on the Mag-Pod it denotes a smooth operation without gurgling, the Puff is smooth as oil, the only use indicated is at 25W (Best).

I did some tests at 15W, the particular flexibility of use of this coil was already well known to me and did not disappoint me, however, by increasing the watt to the Best (25W) the Puff becomes absolutely full-bodied and satisfying as an aromatic restitution, balanced as warmth, with the right contrast of air.

- 0.8Ω 16W MTL DC RPM Coil. I had already tested it extensively, with several Smok products, including; Alike40W, RPM Lite 40W, Nord 2 Kit. The RPM DC Coil MTL 0,8Ω has a recommended use of 16W and for being a smaller non-mesh resistor it works almost as well.

The flavor is good but not as defined as with the mesh. At 16w the amount of steam emitted is however very respectable. The Puff has a slightly higher contrast but is still basically a fairly open mtl vape, compared to the other coil you can abound more with the mg / ml concentrations as it affects the throat less, its Puff is more restricted, in open MTL style.

The RBA (sold separately) has an airflow on its body suitable for a rather open Puff, it is useless to try to vape it in MTL, so I find it appropriate to use a 5 turns coil diameter 2.5mm with 27Ga ka1 wire for 0.7 / 0.8Ω.
    As with the 0.8 coil, surely an external air regulation system would have made an excellent tight MTL shot possible, too bad.

16.jpg

Below in the three quick steps we see the refill operation.
    The refueling cap is equipped with "child safety", to open it you have to lift it and slide it, by far one of the best solutions seen so far on pods.

17.jpg

How the Smok Mag Pod kit works:

The very generous 1.14 "OLED screen shows; at the top left the padlock symbol for locking / unlocking the mod, the remaining percentage of the battery, in the center the wattage is indicated with the length of the last Puff, there are also indications on the resistive value of the coil, Amper, Volt, total number of puffs and choice of background color.

The Menu is really simple and intuitive, with 5 clicks on the fire button we turn the device on / off, with the up and down buttons we select the wattage from 1 up to 40w with an increase / decrease of 1 watt at a time, by pressing them together we can lock / unlock the wattage (but we can vape anyway). 3 quick clicks on the fire buttonTo completely lock / unlock the device including the fire button (we will not be able to vape).
    To reset the puffs just press the down button and the fire button together, to change the color of the display just press the up button and the fire button together (there are 6 color choices).

18.jpg

A full recharge cycle of the built-in 1,300mAh battery takes approximately 50 minutes.

Given the number of Puffs I was able to do at 16 and 25W I thought, how good the autonomy of these small devices is.

- RPM test from 0.4Ω to 25W (Best) 285 Puff!
    - RPM DC MTL test from 0.8Ω to 16W (Best) 406 Puff!

19.jpg

Smok Mag Pod Kit 40W Conclusion:

This is a product that I liked and that works very well, I would buy it myself, so I recommend it.
    I hope I have sufficiently argued my considerations during the review. However, I remain available to everyone for any further clarifications.

Thanks to Smok for sending this sample: SMOK® Official Store

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread