The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok magisty power inconsistant.( suspect)

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Steve W Pedersen, Feb 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    My smok mag either does not fire with the button pressed, or fires weakly or fires corectly completly randomly.
    right now I have switched to simple wattage mode and am just dealing with it.
    When my new mod's arive prob early march I will pull the mag appart and poke around with it.
    really frustrating tho in the mean time.
    I do not at all recommend smok products for anyone who values there money.

2. VapNMirrors

VapNMirrors Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    currently, Earth
    Taking your new mod won't be a Smok. Suggest you also avoid Wismec if you're doing TC.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    No I have ordered a smoant cylon and a wismec gen 3.
    What's the issue with the Wismec ? I thought the open source firmware fixed it right up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Sorry to hear about the mag :/ I had gotten the impression smok was cleaning up theor quality control, but perhaps not. They have been improving their customer relations so perhaps there is something that can be done.
    The only issue I know of with wismec is some of their models have some kind of issue with the 510 pin. I’ve never had the issue with mine though so I don’t know what it is.

I’d say it’s already bought so don’t worry about it unless something comes up

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    For clarification, Mag or Majesty?

• Like Like x 2
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Has your smok mod behaved that way consistently from the beginning? I'm assuming (I may be wrong) that this problem is only with TC, not wattage? Because Smok mods aren't really known for their TC accuracy. The smoant Cylon gets good reviews, wismec not quite as much these days.

If your smok mod is still within the warranty period, you could try that, but if it's TC mode only, I'm not sure that replacing it would give you too much of a different experience. If it's all modes, I would probably warranty it, myself. I don't really like poking at the guts of my mod, in particular if it was a smok mod, simply because they have had faults and errors, and I don't believe myself capable of remedying the problem correctly (and it may be a problem that isn't exactly fixable anyway). You may just want to keep it as your wattage mod, because I don't necessarily think that anything internal is causing the problem, smok just plain doesn't do TC well, has been my experience that I've heard over and over at ECF.

Best of luck.

Anna

7. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    sorry majisty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Aha. Iirc it’s an older mod that is basically an alien with a whole side for a button. Iirc that particular mod has known button suckage issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    I'm not familiar with the Majesty and very limited with TC. But if it fires OK in wattage use, it shouldn't be a fire bar/button problem. And if that is the case, it may or may not be a mod issue. If you tried several TC toppers/builds on the Majesty with the same results, probably something in the mod. If you can, try your topper on another mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. VapNMirrors

Mar 27, 2015
    currently, Earth
    Most of the problem with most of the less expensive mods and quality accurate TC isn't the quantity of the board but the wiring, solder joints, and especially the 510. Wismec is likely the most notorious.

Day 1 TC : "Mine works great, got it for $29! I don't know why everybody complains about TC on brand X"

6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months later (by use/abuse) TC : The press-fit 510 is working lose and has play, the resistances are bouncing, TC sucks, and then you understand.

Daniel does teardowns of almost everything on Youtube. I often turn the sound off and skip to examine the internals to see how well the 510 and wiring are done for myself. Then I might listen to him. Since I got my G Class a year ago, I haven't had to think about a mod but like to checkout the tech anyway.

The Cyclone looks to be about the best in class. The Speeder has a great TC and a respectable 510. My wife had one about 3 months. The TC was flawless but the prongs on the battery door broke off. There will always some compromise in the less expensive mods.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I recieved my Gen 3 today and some other goodies but I just have to say how nice it is to fire the gen 3 and get a consistant good fireing every time man I am so freaking happy right now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. VapNMirrors

Mar 27, 2015
    currently, Earth
    Cool, enjoy it! See there are lots of sleeves and skins available should you wish to dress it up.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.