The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SMOK Majesty annoyance...

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by smizak, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smizak

smizak Senior Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Prolly been posted before...why on earth would you program a mod in temperature mode to ask constantly if you have changed the atomizer because the resistance is different. Stainless coils man. Basic physics...of course the coil resistance is going to change with stainless at different temperatures. Annoying...

Tips from y'all?

2. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    its partly a safety feature, partly an accuracy issue. the smok products have an option to set and lock the resistance in temp mode to ensure a more consistent vape. partly because the chips they use are not as accurate in sensing the resistance as the yihi and dna chips. once you get the resistance locked it should stop asking new/same.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    My Smok Alien mods ask for new coil too when I have the resistance locked. Even f I just remove the tank to clean off the top for a few seconds new coil message comes up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.