Smok mod not reading ohms right

Status
Not open for further replies.

DireSerpentine

Sep 29, 2017
I have a tpriv 3 that recently has started reading ohms completely wrong. It is not accurate, and when it decides to be, it tries to change the ohm reading on me. It generally reads high, up to .2 ohms higher than the coil is actually (I have other mods, and a ohm reader for my rdas). Does anyone know why it's doing this, or how I can fix it? I tried cleaning off the 510 to try and get any possible dirt off of it, but that didn't help.

If it can't be fixed, any other 3 battery mods out there that someone can recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: mcduffy

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
you can try to update the software on it
it might help but.....
its a smok :D

SMOK Devices Firmware Upgrade Tutorial

juice leaked into the mod?

if it's juice and you don't want to open it to clean put the mod in a zip locked bag with a hand full of cotton and keep it in a warm place for a week

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are quite a few
I have a tpriv 3 that recently has started reading ohms completely wrong. It is not accurate, and when it decides to be, it tries to change the ohm reading on me. It generally reads high, up to .2 ohms higher than the coil is actually (I have other mods, and a ohm reader for my rdas). Does anyone know why it's doing this,
Who knows? With most mods each model tends to fail according to weaknesses in its particular design. SMOK stuff though also has its weaknesses in manufacturing and quality control so SMOK stuff can fail in any way at all. And frequently does.
or how I can fix it?
Stop buying SMOK mods. They’re better at the simpler stuff like attys. Not great, but better.
I tried cleaning off the 510 to try and get any possible dirt off of it, but that didn't help.

If it can't be fixed, any other 3 battery mods out there that someone can recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Several. They tend to be quite large and not particularly cheap. What kind of budget are you looking at?

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

DireSerpentine

Sep 29, 2017
you can try to update the software on it
it might help but.....
its a smok :D

SMOK Devices Firmware Upgrade Tutorial

juice leaked into the mod?

if it's juice and you don't want to open it to clean put the mod in a zip locked bag with a hand full of cotton and keep it in a warm place for a week
As far as I know, I haven't had any juice leak into the mod, but I can always try checking that if trying to update it doesn't help.

DireSerpentine

Sep 29, 2017
There are quite a few

Who knows? With most mods each model tends to fail according to weaknesses in its particular design. SMOK stuff though also has its weaknesses in manufacturing and quality control so SMOK stuff can fail in any way at all. And frequently does.

Stop buying SMOK mods. They’re better at the simpler stuff like attys. Not great, but better.

Several. They tend to be quite large and not particularly cheap. What kind of budget are you looking at?
To be honest, I own a wismec reuleaux ,but bought the smok because I liked the fire paddle, but it is the last smok I'll ever buy (I've had issues with them before, as well as people I know having issues). As far as budget, nothing ridiculously high, but I'd be interested in a DNA chip mod.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
To be honest, I own a wismec reuleaux ,but bought the smok because I liked the fire paddle, but it is the last smok I'll ever buy (I've had issues with them before, as well as people I know having issues). As far as budget, nothing ridiculously high, but I'd be interested in a DNA chip mod.
try the rx200 with the firmware i linked above
budget?country? 3 batteries only? squonker?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Ah. I understand.

I also learn slowly and am easily distracted by shiny objects...or is that not what you meant? :blush:

DireSerpentine

Sep 29, 2017
try the rx200 with the firmware i linked above
budget?country? 3 batteries only? squonker?
I will give that firmware a try, but wasn't a huge fan of my reuleaux. If your questions are towards new recommendations, US, I grew to like having that little bit of extra battery life (I also have 3 sets of 3 batteries paired) I own a pulse dual, so currently good on the squonk set up, and since I am curious on the DNA chip set up, let's say $200 budget.

DireSerpentine

Sep 29, 2017
100 usd up go dna chipped mod
just under 100 search for a second hand one

for a $40 mod go with the Reuleaux RX200
with this firmware upgrade NFE Team
OK, I just got home from work, and downloaded the firmware. I have to say, I'm liking it better than the original! Still toying with the thought of a new mod all together, though. I've learned with other things that you get what you pay for, so I'm still wanting a nicer mod.

Reactions: mac-nutty

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I will give that firmware a try, but wasn't a huge fan of my reuleaux. If your questions are towards new recommendations, US, I grew to like having that little bit of extra battery life (I also have 3 sets of 3 batteries paired) I own a pulse dual, so currently good on the squonk set up, and since I am curious on the DNA chip set up, let's say $200 budget.
IMHO the releaux is the chrystler station wagon of larger mods. Not a lot of features, not great mileage, and a few annoyances. They hold together OK though and the price is often right.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
OK, I just got home from work, and downloaded the firmware. I have to say, I'm liking it better than the original! Still toying with the thought of a new mod all together, though. I've learned with other things that you get what you pay for, so I'm still wanting a nicer mod.

Here's a link to Fasttech's large selection of DNA chip mods.

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

There should be something here you like :)

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

DireSerpentine

Sep 29, 2017
Here's a link to Fasttech's large selection of DNA chip mods.

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

There should be something here you like :)
I haven't heard of this site before. Looking at it, I guess it's direct from China? How are they, and no chance of them being clone mods? I like the looks of the lost vape triade as well as the paranormal on there. Overall I think I'm going to disassemble my tpriv 3 and make sure everything is all clean. If that doesn't work, I'm just going to stick with my reuleaux, because I'm liking that firmware mac-nutty showed me. It's like a whole new mod. I still plan on purchasing a DNA mod, I just want to make sure it'll be a mod I'll be 100% happy with first.

Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread