Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for today's review of the smok Morph 2 Kit that was provided from Sourcemore for the purpose of this review, and in this review I will provide a money saving coupon code as well as a link to Sourcemore where you can purchase the Morph 2 Kit using the code. The Morph 2 Kit is a full sized mod and tank so if your tired of pod styled devices this kit might just be in your wheelhouse. Here is some information about the Morph 2 Kit before the review.

COLOR CHOICES

Morph-2-Colors-750x930.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

1606380576580.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

1606380597341.jpg

COMPONENTS

1606977941494.jpg

DUAL 18650

1606372740252.jpg

1606380673448.jpg

POWER AND TC MODES

1606380615023.jpg

IQ-S CHIP

1606372717889.jpg

SEVEN SAFETY PROTECTIONS

1606372759368.jpg

2.0A BALANCED CHARGING

1606380663760.jpg

ATTRACTIVE APPEARANCE

1606380608386.jpg

0.9 INCH DISPLAY WITH 6 COLOR CHOICES

1606380646179.jpg

7.5 ML CAPACITY TANK

1606372787255.jpg

PUSH BUTTON SWING OUT TOP CAP THAT LOCKS

1606372779496.jpg

COIL INTRODUCTION

SMOK_Morph_2_Kit_Coil_Introduction_1.jpg

SMOK_Morph_2_Kit_Coil_Introduction_2.jpg

SMOK_Morph_2_Kit_Coil_Introduction_3.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging is done very nicely with the device laying in a plastic tray that sits on top of the TFV18 Tank, type-c charge cord, extra 7.5 ml bubble glass, 0.15 dual coil, user manual, qa card, battery safety card, spares bag, and the 0.33 mesh coil that is pre installad in the tank.

20210307_071826.jpg

Let's start from the top with the TFV18 tank itself, this is a very tall tank with 3 airflow inlets and a juice capacity of 7.5 ml that is needed once you see the size of both of the provided coils. There is some branding on the tank with SMOK on one side of the top cap and TFV18 on the other side. The drip tip is proprietary being a slip over the lip type so your stuck with it, but it's comfortable to use and I have no issues with it. The included coils have plenty of wicking material but I would suggest filling the tank when it becomes half empty or even sooner. Sitting on top of the Morph 2 shows it's true size as well as coil size.

20210306_143815.jpg

The TFV18 uses a push button to open the top cap that releases and is swung out to reveal a single large fill slot, I would like to have seen a small air relief hole but if you fill it slowly you will have no problem. A very nice feature of the tank is that it locks into place when closed, only pushing the button opens it up.

20210307_080257.jpg

When I tell that these coils that are provided are huge I mean huge, the pre installed 0.33Ω mesh coil is a real air lover's dream that produces massive vapor and very good flavor while the included 0.15Ω dual mesh coil gives a bit of a more restricted vape but remember the TFV18 has 3 airflow slots so even 1/4 open it's still very airy but I think flavor improves. Both coils vape very good but I prefer the .15Ω dual mesh for more restriction. Before vaping remember to prime either one of the coils you've chosen to use , fill the tank and let it sit about 10 minutes then refill it because they really do suck up the juice, then give it a vape.

20210307_081916.jpg

The Morph 2 device is a dual 18650 that has the familiar bottom door opening as many other devices use but the Morph 2 is very strong and secure and a bit stronger than other devices.

20210307_083342.jpg

Inside the battery tubes both positive and negative polarity markings are labeled with a red + marking inside one tube and a blue - marking inside the other tube, + and - are also marked in white on the battery door itself.

20210307_084505.jpg

On top of the Morph 2 is a centered spring loaded 510 connection that is surrounded with a gunmetal colored metal that really accents the whole device and it is used throughout .

20210307_085535.jpg

One side of the device below the fire button has more branding with SMOK lightly printed into the leather wrap, the gunmetal colored metal surrounds the fire button, as well as covers the fire button also. The stitching is done very well.

20210307_084736.jpg

We now come to the back of the device and the gunmetal colored metal travels from the top plate down the center of the back and meets the battery cover door, it resembles a narrow shaped hourglass inbetween leather on both sides and has the most branding. The word MORPH 2 is boldly printed in the center, this is normally a turn off to me but in this case I actually like it.

20210307_084817.jpg

We now come to the front of this very attractive device that has a leather wrap with very fine white stitching that with the gunmetal colored metal in my opinion makes this the best looking mod to date from Smok.

The display screen sits under a narrow hourglass shaped cover in the gunmetal color with the up and down buttons right below next to each other and below them is a vertical shaped type-c charge port.

20210307_105115.jpg

I always enjoy a display that is colored and with the Morph 2 you get a choice of 6 colors to choose from and they are blue, yellow, red, purple, white and green.

There is no adjustment for brightness on the Morph 2 but in my opinion a brightness control is not needed because it's able to be seen just fine in direct sunlight. I don't struggle to see the font on the display but wish it was just a bit larger.

All the information is presented in a vivid grid layout that works well giving you all the information that you would want, they even have a 4 digit puff counter.

DISPLAY SCREEN GRID ( TOP TO BOTTOM )

* Power Mode
    * Dual Battery Percentage As Well As A Battery Bar
    * Ohms
    * Volts
    * Wattage And Lock/Unlock Symbol
    * Puff Counter
    * Seconds Puffed

TFV18 TANK OBSERVATIONS

First of all I have to tell you again that this ia a very tall tank and the bubble glass has a massive 7.5 capacity which is needed because with the size of the coils it is a big juice guzzler. Another thing that I have to mention is this is a big air machine, I mean that with the single mesh coil installed you can actually breathe through it so you can imagine the cloud production. Having 3 air slots instead of 2 is part of the reason for so much airflow.

Installing the dual mesh coil tamed the airflow a little bit to more of my liking but it's still very airy, I use it with 1/8 of the airflow slot open to get to my sweet spot.

Smoke uses a push button top cap that works very well, it uses a swing opening when the button is pressed , it's not a automatic swing open cap and I'm glad because it reduces wear and tear on the tank, and the best part is that it locks very securely back in place.

Both of the coils provide produce very good flavor but my preferred is the dual mesh because of airflow and I think it gives off better flavor being a dual coil.

MORPH 2 OBSERVATIONS

I will have to say that Smoke really hit the high note designing the Morph 2 , the leather wrapped cover and gunmetal colored metal go good together and give the device a upscaled look that I really like.

This is not a light device but not heavy either giving a just right feel in relation to weight. The device feels very solidly built with no cheap feel to it at all, just the opposite is felt. Having a centered 510 really brings the look of this kit together.

All the buttons are easy on the fingers and very responsive. Holding the device in the hand it feels very comfortable using it thumb or trigger finger to fire. I know that I keep mentioning the color of the metal but if Smok would have used say a plain silver or even a black color I don't think it would be as attractive so kudos again to the designers of the Morph 2.

The Morph 2 gives people that use TC there metals but there is no TCR or Bypass or VPC option so if you like to use these settings your out of luck, I only use wattage so thank goodness it does not affect me.

As I said earlier I really like a color display screen and in today's day and age all devices should have one and the Morph 2 gives the user 6 choices of color and all are very vivid and saturated with any color choice.

The Morph 2 has one of the easiest menu systems of today that just seems to flow so well that even without instruction, but having basic knowledge of devices a user could sail through, but I will give it's operation down below.

MENU

* 3 quick presses of the fire button opens up the menu

* Once opened up the power mode chosen will begin to flash and each press of the fire button will move you down for adjustments of that mode using the up or down buttons.

* To change power modes once it's flashing each press of the up or down button will move you to a different power mode

* To change colors press the fire and up button simultaneously, each press of the 2 buttons will give you another color choice.

* Press the fire and down button simultaneously to clear the puff counter

* Hold down the plus and minus buttons together to lock/unlock wattage adjustments

TFV18 TANK PLUSES

* Push Button Top Cap Opening

* Very Good Flavor

* Plenty Of Airflow

* Extra Bubble Glass Included

* 7.5 ml Capacity

TFV18 TANK CONS

* Proprietary Drip Tip

* Juice Guzzler

* Very Tall

MORPH 2 PLUSES

* Dual 1865

* Attractive

* Centered 510

* Type C 2AP Charging

* Easy Menu System

* Leather Wrapped

* 6 Color Display Choices

* Bright Display

* Vivid Display

* Battery Polarity Marked On Door And Inside Tubes

* Strong And Secure Batt
    ery Door

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I think that Smok did a great job on this kit but my main like of it is the mod itself but that's because I vape a RDL vape and for my style of vaping the TFV18 is just a little to airy for RDL but air lovers will be more than happy with the TFV18 tank for not only the air supply but really good flavor as well.

I think the star of the show is the Morph 2 itself because it's very attractive and functions just great and uses such a easy menu system that really surprised me.

Hand feel is great and it's just right weight feel increases it's a likability for me. Everything just comes together very well with the mod and I think Smoke really jumped up in my thoughts for designing such a solid and attractive device that has not given any problems only great vaping in the 10 days of use.

Smoke really has impressed me with the Morph 2 and has come back in my fold of great vape manufacturers.

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Morph 2 Kit for the purpose of this review.

You can purchase the Smok Morph 2 Kit with this link and use coupon code SM2K for a better price. SMOK Morph 2 Kit 230W TC Box Mod with 7.5ml TFV18 Tank

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread