Smok novo 4 Lp1 1.2 ohm coil and nic salt: ohms constantly raising

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnies4r5

Jul 4, 2022
Hi guys

I recently got the smok novo 4 to vape nic salts to help me get off cigarettes. That has been going really well I am smoking just a couple cigs a day now when I was smoking a pack a day

one possible issue I am running into is my 1.2 ohm coils are constantly raising In resistance, they don’t ever drop back down after they cool or by resetting the device. Changing coils resets it but then the new coil rises as I use it.

it seemed to me that as the ohms rose I was getting less flavor, I suppose that could be in my head but I had one coil get to 1.6 and I was still getting vapor, no burnt taste or metal taste, but the juice didn’t seem as flavorful. I don’t know if I was absorbing as much of the nicotine either

so my question is, is this normal or am I doing something wrong, or is their something wrong with my novo 4? Changing coils will reset the ohms back to ~1.2 but then they slowly rise just the same as the old coil

I am using 50/50 35mg nic salts

thanks for the help in advance

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    This is normal "wear and tear" of the coil as it gunks up with use. Dark and sweet juices will gunk your coils even faster. Most commercial juices add sweeteners that tend to gunk up the coils, which increases their resistance and shortens their lifespan. You have two options. Switch to a RTA and learn to build your own coils. When the coil gunks up, you can rewick and dry burn the gunk off. Or you can learn to DIY your own juice without the sweeteners. This will save you money both in juice and in coils. Or you could do both.

bunnies4r5

Jul 4, 2022
    This is normal "wear and tear" of the coil as it gunks up with use. Dark and sweet juices will gunk your coils even faster. Most commercial juices add sweeteners that tend to gunk up the coils, which increases their resistance and shortens their lifespan. You have two options. Switch to a RTA and learn to build your own coils. When the coil gunks up, you can rewick and dry burn the gunk off. Or you can learn to DIY your own juice without the sweeteners. This will save you money both in juice and in coils. Or you could do both.

Ok awesome thanks for the advice

Reactions: Territoo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread