SMOK Osub 80w baby kit keeps getting burned coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
So ive been using this vape for about a month or so and lately after round 2 puffs you can feel the coil getting burned, or if u do a hard hit. I normally run the vape at 55 - 65w and with a 0.4 Ω coil. The vape liquid is E-Fast Pink Lemonade. Any ideas why this could be happening?

With pre-made coils I find that manufactures inflate wattage ranges on a consistent basis. Try running them at 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 watts respectively until you find a range that gives you a satisfying yet non-burning vape. It may nag you that you are not running to "spec" but you'll get over it.

hoqq7

Dec 8, 2017
With pre-made coils I find that manufactures inflate wattage ranges on a consistent basis. Try running them at 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 watts respectively until you find a range that gives you a satisfying yet non-burning vape. It may nag you that you are not running to "spec" but you'll get over it.
Thanks, i find that 35w is good enough

hoqq7

Dec 8, 2017
Excellent. You'll probably also find that pre-made coils vary in quality over different production runs and will need to adjust accordingly.
This is my second vape so i don't have much experience with vapes and the last one was a vape pen, do you think that swapping out the coil with the other included coil would make a difference?, Thanks !

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
1. Coils don't last forever, and as a coil gets used, it's performance will drop and that can be one of the symptoms.
2. When replacing a coil, make sure to COMPLETELY saturate the new coil with liquid before assembling and filling the tank.
3. With a new coil, turn the wattage down for the first several puffs to make sure it is wicking properly before tuning it back up.
4. If this is happening with a brand new, properly saturated coil, remove the coil and use something small and sharp to gently rake at the wicking to try and thin it out JUST a LITTLE, then retry it.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
This is my second vape so i don't have much experience with vapes and the last one was a vape pen, do you think that swapping out the coil with the other included coil would make a difference?, Thanks !

Well... Most of the kits I've seen include coils of different resistance or material so show the capability of the device and topper. Swapping out the coil my help if they are of identical material and resistance. On the other hand swapping out the coil could make things worse. ...or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread