Smok OSUB 80W Baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Does anyone have this and if so can you confirm that it has some sort of Auto Power Off that can not be turned off?

What I thought would be an awesome mod has turned out to be the biggest PITA since I spend more time turning it on than vaping it.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You just lock it & keep your finger on the fire bar till it says turn off...

I don't get what you mean, it's a good mod but mine now says "resistance too high" so it doesn't get use now.

1: Vape mod and sit it on the table

2: Wait 5 mins and it goes to sleep

3: Pick up mod after it goes to sleep and hit the fire button, displays the logo then goes black. It's off

4: Must fire 5x to power back on....and cycle through the logo screen again

5: Takes more time to turn it on than it does to vape it.

It's just weird, I've never had a mod that did this and there is no setting to turn any "Auto Power Off" off. It is indeed a great feeling mod but this makes it about unusable because of this. May be a good mod if you are trying to quit vaping now I think about it.

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
1: Vape mod and sit it on the table

2: Wait 5 mins and it goes to sleep

3: Pick up mod after it goes to sleep and hit the fire button, displays the logo then goes black. It's off

4: Must fire 5x to power back on....and cycle through the logo screen again

5: Takes more time to turn it on than it does to vape it.

It's just weird, I've never had a mod that did this and there is no setting to turn any "Auto Power Off" off. It is indeed a great feeling mod but this makes it about unusable because of this. May be a good mod if you are trying to quit vaping now I think about it.
What the hell! Smok need to make better mods, they all have issues. I've had two aliens this year!

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What the hell! Smok need to make better mods, they all have issues. I've had two aliens this year!

My Alien is still holding up but it doesn't get used much. After this, I looked into contacting Smok just to give them some feedback on this issue. Alas, there is no way to contact them which just makes me think less of them. My IPV D2 is still going strong so no big deal minus the loss of money on this paper weight.

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
My Alien is still holding up but it doesn't get used much. After this, I looked into contacting Smok just to give them some feedback on this issue. Alas, there is no way to contact them which just makes me think less of them. My IPV D2 is still going strong so no big deal minus the loss of money on this paper weight.
I find smok customer service terrible, I still don't have a refund on my first alien.
The shop I got it from are useless too, my mate has started working at a vape shop & is much more knowledgeable.
When I got my first alien they tried selling me some aspire batteries which are just terrible.
Anyway... my best smok mod too date is the h priv, had it a year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread