Smok Prince or Scion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamnet

Mar 3, 2017
Well basically, I have my eye on the Innokin Proton (235w) which comes with the scion 2. However I've recently fallen in love with the design of the smok Prince and I hear it's supposedly better than other smok tanks.

Should I get the whole kit or trade out w/ the prince?
OR if you guys have any other tank suggestions let me know !

Last edited:

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
The smok Prince is a pretty good tank. I’ve found the Q4 and M4 last the longest and have the best flavor. X6 and T10 aren’t the best on flavor or longevity, mainly because those are power coils for huge clouds. I have also heard really good things about the prince “strip coil” which is the same as a mesh. Haven’t tried it yet myself but do plan on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
The smok Prince is a pretty good tank. I’ve found the Q4 and M4 last the longest and have the best flavor.....

I think you meant Q4 & M4, I don't believe they make a Q2 or X4.

Aside form the 'strip' coil, they also have a 'mesh' coil. Definitely interested in trying those.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Proton and the Scion 2!! The new coils for the Scion are amazing! Flavor is on point and the previous coils, which they work for both the Scion 1 and 2, are awesome as well. My preference is the .28 ohm original and the Plexus coil .15 ohm are the best. You can easily stick a qtip down the mouthpiece to clean it up a little for prolonged coil life. I easily get 2-4 weeks out of the .28 ohm coils and I'm still using the Plexus coil that came with my kit 3 weeks ago. The Scion is seriously my favorite tank. I had the Original Scion for over a year as my everyday vape. When they announced the Scion 2, I was ogling it for a few weeks then Innokin teased me with the Proton kit and I was gone! Came into some extra money and ordered it quicker than you can Innokin!!

The mod itself is awesome and the menu is so simple to navigate with the joystick. I'm constantly changing the color of my screen. It is a gorgeous, sturdy and powerful mod. As you may can tell, I'm and Innokin Fangirl. LOL.

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Alexandria, Louisiana USA
    I'd say out of all the smok tanks the Prince is getting great reviews, although most DL folks with the kit seem to like it quite a bit. I don't think you'd go terribly wrong with either.

Anna
    I just want to say Ihave the Smok Prince tank and really like it..
    I like the cloud Beast tanks in general including the cloud beast king.. I Vape my alien with the prince tank when I'm out and about and my RX200s with the cloud beast king at home...
    Had both tanks for a while now with no issues at all..
    ccd164e684e1f4abfa98572ba78a97dc.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2011
    L.A.
    I'm now convinced that running the Prince coils at the low end of the wattage range (Q4 @ 45w-55w max),
    with the preheat set to 'soft' makes these coils last much longer.

I was running through Q4 coils every other day it seemed. Since making the adjustment (and cleaning the coil w/ a Q-tip every few tank fulls) I'm getting 3X the use.

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Alexandria, Louisiana USA
    I just want to say Ihave the Smok Prince tank and really like it..
    I like the cloud Beast tanks in general including the cloud beast king.. I Vape my alien with the prince tank when I'm out and about and my RX200s with the cloud beast king at home...
    Had both tanks for a while now with no issues at all..
    ccd164e684e1f4abfa98572ba78a97dc.jpg

For some reason the pic of the prince tank didnt post above.. thought I'd try it again, and please let me know if it works this time, thx
    IMG_20180605_141703758.jpeg

Tonee N

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Hi. Do you have any tips on changing the glass to the expansion tank? I shattered one already.
    I have had that happen before. I learned to take the seals off when I first get the tank, put some liquid on them and then reassemble. But when I forget to do that I use my finger nail between the tank and seal and slowly work the tank off. Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AvaMom

Mar 26, 2018
    I have had that happen before. I learned to take the seals off when I first get the tank, put some liquid on them and then reassemble. But when I forget to do that I use my finger nail between the tank and seal and slowly work the tank off. Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It did. Thanks!

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Well basically, I have my eye on the Innokin Proton (235w) which comes with the scion 2. However I've recently fallen in love with the design of the Smok Prince and I hear it's supposedly better than other smok tanks.

Should I get the whole kit or trade out w/ the prince?
    OR if you guys have any other tank suggestions let me know !
    I would get neither either get the TF V8 cloud beast because there’s like 25 different coil options from various brands or get the fire Luke pro or you can check out the baby prince I own all three and they’re great just remember to use juice that doesn’t have too much sweeter because that’s what kills coil’s. There is no such thing as a manufacturer that makes poor coils the 100% thing that decides coil life is juice juice has everything To do with coil life. If you want a list of my top five juices for coil life let me know

• Optimistic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread