Smok Prince Stick not charging, blinking 15 times when I press the firing button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson Bailey

Feb 21, 2018
I recently bought a smok Prince Stick with the V12 Prince tank. When I plug my charger cord into it, the red light under the charging port doesn’t cut on to show me its charging. It’s been sitting in the same spot for over an hour and it hasn’t charged. When I take it and click the firing button, it blinks 15 times. I click it 5 times to cut it on and it blinks 3 times, but then it won’t let me hit it. I want to know if it’s an internal issue, or if it’s my charger cord or if it’s a tank issue. Any help is appreciated.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I recently bought a Smok Prince Stick with the V12 Prince Tank. When I plug my charger cord into it, the red light under the charging port doesn’t cut on to show me its charging. It’s been sitting in the same spot for over an hour and it hasn’t charged. When I take it and click the firing button, it blinks 15 times. I click it 5 times to cut it on and it blinks 3 times, but then it won’t let me hit it. I want to know if it’s an internal issue, or if it’s my charger cord or if it’s a tank issue. Any help is appreciated.
not an expert ,
-try changing sockets to another one
- try changing charger
- the tank or the mod could come faulty happens sometimes

your best option is to return it and get a new one

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My thought is that it is defective also, and that you should return it for a replacement. Good luck.

With Smok gear especially, I get kind of concerned. Even if you could fix the mod (not sure you can) I really hate it when electrical issues arise of ANY sort with any mod, but with Smok, sometimes a return and getting sent another mod that REALLY should have passed QC, may be best.

Good luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
Yes, I too believe it's a chip issue. The smok brand is readily available, cheap and cheerfully innovative most everywhere but are known to have qc issues. I'd return it for a replacement. Btw are you a new vaper and this is your first starter kit? If so, I would recommend an heir to your analoges and a spare. Plus a third tank and spare coil heads that you keep for craving emergencies in the next highest strength nic to what you find is working in your preferred flavour, ask for a double flavour shot if you can in that higher strength. If for whatever reason you are going nuts for a cig switch your toppers and vape exhaling through your nose for 10-15 minutes. Savor that yummy juice! Then re asses and if you still want a cigarette have one, make sure it is not your usual brand. Pretty quick you should find you don't really want or enjoy the stinkies! If not, come back here and ask for other ideas...tons of helpful folks here have found as many ways to successfully quit smoking as there is different devices and juice flavours. Someone has come before you and found a way that works for them, and there IS a way that will work just for you too!

Vape happy, and vape on!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I recently bought a Smok Prince Stick with the V12 Prince Tank. When I plug my charger cord into it, the red light under the charging port doesn’t cut on to show me its charging. It’s been sitting in the same spot for over an hour and it hasn’t charged. When I take it and click the firing button, it blinks 15 times. I click it 5 times to cut it on and it blinks 3 times, but then it won’t let me hit it. I want to know if it’s an internal issue, or if it’s my charger cord or if it’s a tank issue. Any help is appreciated.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Definitely worth a look at:
The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

Reactions: stols001

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Welcome to the forum.

Blinking 15 times, that tells you the battery in the mod is at it's low mark (3.3 volts) It needs charging. It automatically turns off after it blinks 15 times.

The first thing I would check, is the power adapter.. it may have went bad. Try using a known good adapter. I would probably use a 1amp charger, but if you don't know, use whatever your phone uses, but keep checking it to make sure the mod isn't getting too warm while charging.

Next, check the cable. if you have an extra micro USB laying around that you know is good, then use that one. It's always best to rule out the charger and cable first before sending it back or revisiting the place you got it from.

If it still blinks after using a known good charger and cable, then it's time to visit the shop or talk to them about returning it.

• Useful

ASAP Bravo

Jun 14, 2018
i would say try a different charger make sure it a proper one to use and if that doesnt solve the issue probably a defective device

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread