Smok priv v8 kit - problem with screwing atomizer to mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i need help. I have my vape in the backpack and this happend.

Attachments

• v8kitscrew.JPG
    v8kitscrew.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 89

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Hello i need help. I have my vape in the backpack and this happend.
IF you can get the piece screwed off the 510 of your tank you MIGHT be able to get it reseated in the 510 connector of the Mod. I personally would never trust the Mod again and for that reason I would toss it out and get a new mod of a different brand. The quality of SMOK products can be very iffy in my experience. I tend to treat them on a "If I can get it cheap then I don't care how long it holds up" basis. I run them until they give me trouble and dispose of them.

There are far more reliable brands out there. I seriously recommend doing some homework and finding a different mod.

The tank however might be salvageable if you can get the extra piece off it. Best advice be very careful when screwing tanks onto mods it is easy to cross thread them or screw them down too tightly which can cause a whole host of problems like this.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
There isn't way to repair it?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would be guessing here because I can't see exactly what the problem is. It appears that the female thread (internal threaded) insert has come loose from the mod and is still attached to your tank male thread. Loctite* makes a retaining "glue" (almost any low-viscosity Krazy glue/Cyanoacrylate may work) made to strengthen slip metal interference fits. If you are not handy, I would take it in to any metal fabricating shop** and have them reassemble. Note that I made no comments on proper preparation of mating surfaces. That's a whole different multifaceted problem/techniques. In short, clean it and sand it may suffice.

**Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

*re:
Loctite 648 Retaining Compound IDH:1835920, 50 ml Bottle, Green | RSHughes.com

Reactions: stols001

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Smok's 510 connectors on their mods are press fit (cheap) and it is one of the common problems with them. They have added screws to the 510 connector on the new Mag Kit, but it's still a Smok product and will fail prematurely because of something else. :glare:

You might be able to press the piece back into the top with a vise or tap it in with a hammer and wooden block. I would NOT use a glue of any kind as that would insulate the piece from the mod body and cause connection issues.

As others have stated, time to find a new mod and preferably one that is not made by Smok.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
And backpacks are not the best place for a mod to ride. Nor pockets or, egads, purses. Sorry ladies, I never liked using a tissue or a piece of gum from the bottom of momma's purse as a kid so I only imagine a mod would collect the same kind of dusty funk. I carry my mods in hand and the only ones that i ever had trouble with were...you guessed i....Smok. To the OP, dont try to repair that mod, go get a better one and learn how it works and how you're supposed to use it. There is probably a YouTube video about every device on the market so there is a good resource for learning opportunities.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a separate compartment for my mods but I really should put them IN a container and IN my purse. I have broken a tank once.

This is good advice. I don't particularly care to eat or use most of the things I carry around in my purse:lol::lol::lol: Every time I empty it I am like, "Eeeew." and/or "Why do I even HAVE this" with the occasional, " WHAT IS THIS?"

Sound advice to all, I'mma gonna find.... a zippy thing for my mods.

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you for all your answers and what mod brand do you recommend?
What is your budget?
Do you have something else to use to prevent you from smoking cigarettes?
If you have a limited local selection, tell us which brands are available and appeal to you, please.

Cheers
I

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for all your answers and what mod brand do you recommend?
Everyone has their favorites. Right now, I'm using a vaporesso switcher. It does a good job and seems to be consistent and dependable. Powers any of my various tanks I feel like using on it with grace and ease. I had a voopoo drag, and other than the finish coming off of it fairly quickly, it was a workhorse too. Basically anything is better than smok. My first box box mod was a smok tpriv. It worked great for about 8 months. And then I didn't work at all, for no reason.

What is your budget?
Do you have something else to use to prevent you from smoking cigarettes?
If you have a limited local selection, tell us which brands are available and appeal to you, please.

Cheers
I
My budget Is about 50 euro.
I haven't got something other than vape.
And i think local selection isn't limited.
But im trying to fix my mod, so i don't know if I'm ready to buy another mod.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
My budget Is about 50 euro.
I haven't got something other than vape.
And i think local selection isn't limited.
But im trying to fix my mod, so i don't know if I'm ready to buy another mod.
If you want to vape you're ready to buy a new mod.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Even if it wasn't a smok, it's broken. If unscrewing the tank pulls the female end of the 510 connector completely out of the mod, its broken. The electronic connection is not there anymore, even if you get that part off your tank without further destroying it and press it back into place, the soldered connection will not re solder itself and complete the circuit. I'm not trying to be harsh on ya, but really that thing looks like it's done. Get a new mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread