Status
Not open for further replies.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Hi everyone!

I have had my smok ProColor for only 4 months and today it won't even boot up.

I began noticing problems about a week ago because it was firing more and more slowly. But today it won't even turn on. I have replaced the batteries, made sure the connections were clean and everything.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've already but in a warranty claim with smok, but if there's anything I can do to rescue it I'd love to hear. Thanks!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Try a different set of batteries as suggested.

I would be careful though. Electronic/ozone smells from a mod would make me nervous. Especially a SMOK. I can say that because I own/use a Procolor daily as well. :) Mine is about 4 months old, only issue I've had with it so far is that it is damaging the bottom (negative ends) of my batteries.

Is it possible you had any juice leaks into the 510?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would be worried about the smell. I'm also not sure about solutions to "make it work" given that it's emitting an odd odor now and the problems that you've had that are increasing... Usually if an electrical fault is progressive and gets to the "won't boot up" point, well, you don't want to FORCE it to, as that fact is actually telling you something important about safety.

Without mention of the smell, I might have said "Yeah, try something" but given the progressive nature of the issue and now the smell, I have to think that it's something internal with the mod, and I hope you can just warranty it, honestly. If I had a mod that did that, even if I got it working again, I would feel some unease about it. The mod's dead now, so just warranty it, would be my advice.

Good luck,

Anna

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Try a different set of batteries as suggested.

I would be careful though. Electronic/ozone smells from a mod would make me nervous. Especially a SMOK. I can say that because I own/use a Procolor daily as well. :) Mine is about 4 months old, only issue I've had with it so far is that it is damaging the bottom (negative ends) of my batteries.

Is it possible you had any juice leaks into the 510?
I haven't found any evidence of it.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
No, doesn't smell like bleach. It's a hard smell to explain. My boyfriend calls it ozone. Like the smell in aerosol bottles.
Hmmm.. I’m suspecting the mod. May have let the magic blue smoke out of the motherboard. This is generally fatal to the device. Never let the magic blue smoke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread