The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok Q2 Coils - 0.4ohms or 0.6ohms?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by X-Smok-er, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. X-Smok-er

X-Smok-er Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Hi all,

Im new to this site and vaping in general. Just purchased my first ever mod - Smok alien AL85. I want to know what is the real difference between each of these coils? Is there really any difference? Which is better for conserving battery?

thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member

Jan 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. X-Smok-er

X-Smok-er Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Smok Q2, 0.4 AND 0. 6

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    The 0.6 ohm will do well with a bit lower wattage than the 0.4 ohm coils. I'm not sure it's enough of a difference to matter in actual use. I've just defaulted to the 0.4 ohm coils and find they work just fine for me at 40Wv

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Cloudy Vaper

Cloudy Vaper Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Either coil should be fine. Just use lower wattages and you'll conserve battery life. My personal preference is the 0.4 coil.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member

Jan 29, 2018
    Not a big difference. Screw either in and run that bad boy

• Like Like x 1
  7. X-Smok-er

X-Smok-er Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Thanks guys. Apologies for the daft questions. I am a new vaper, forgive me.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Whichever is cheapest. There's even a good chance that one or two of the 0.40 pack will read 0.45-ish and one or two of the 0.6 pack will read 0.55-ish.

I challenge anyone to vape'em at 50 Watts and tell the difference. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. X-Smok-er

X-Smok-er Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Cheers buddy. I aim to go with with 0.6ohm and vape between 30-40w. Hoping my LG HG2 will give me good battery life. Fingers crossed

• Like Like x 2
  10. suprtrkr

suprtrkr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

On a regulated mod not a lot of difference. To conserve battery, lower the watts. The .6 should do (slightly) better with a lower watt setting. Welcome to the board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fidola13

Fidola13 Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Hello x smoker & Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on quitting smoking that’s great! Lots to learn about vaping so ask lots of questions and read as much about vaping as you can! Most of all - Enjoy it!

sara

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hope you enjoy your coil choice, and that it works out well for you. I'd agree there's some slight overlap, so I think either way you won't be going wrong...

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. tym64

tym64 Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Accepted. Could be the juice. I am using the .04 coils on my Smok, and vaping at 55 watts on the baby beast, personally I found the taste just really pops harder, and its allot warmer. In short, it really matches the cig.

They swear the .06 will really eat the juice, and imho, I just found that to be true. Just keep in mind, wattage, flavor, what tastes better is all subjective, that just works for me. You may find it is different for you.

I am getting ready to try something with the coils I have seen allot about. Once a week, take out the old coil, clean it, set it aside, then pop in a new one. Then week later, clean the coil set it aside, and try the one I cleaned a week before. Rinse and repeat. Be fun to see how it works out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. X-Smok-er

X-Smok-er Full Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Thanks all for your comments and support.

• Like Like x 2