Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello everyone and welcome to today's review of the dual 18650 smok R Kiss 2 Kit that was supplied to me from sourcemore for the purpose of this review, at the end of this review I will leave a coupon code from Sourcemore for a discount if purchased from them. As always lets get some information on the smok R Kiss 2 Kit prior to my review of it.

R-Kiss-2-Kit-11.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

R-Kiss-2-Kit-12.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

1* SMOK R-Kiss 2 Mod
    1* TFV18 Mini Tank(6.5ml)
    1* V18 Mini Meshed 0.33Ohm Coil(Preinstalled)
    1* V18 Mini Dual Meshed 0.15Ohm Coil
    1* Replacement Bulb Glass Tube
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Package.jpg

TANK AND DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Specification.jpg

FAST HEATING OF COIL

R-Kiss-2-Kit-24.jpg

TRIPLE AIRFLOW SLOTS

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Airflow.jpg

AVAILABLE TFV18 MINI TANK COILS (0.15Ω AND 0.33Ω SUPPLIED)

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Coil.jpg

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Coils.jpg

6.5ML CAPACITY WITH PUSH BUTTON OPENING TOP CAP FOR EASY TOP-FILL

R-Kiss-2-Kit-26.jpg

R-Kiss-2-Kit-27.jpg

R-Kiss-2-Kit-28.jpg

ADVANCED IQ-S CHIPSET

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Chip.jpg

5-200 WATT POWER RANGE WITH 2 POWER MODES (WATTAGE)
    1.0-8.2 volts power ( BYPASS )

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_200W_Kit.jpg

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Mode.jpg

1.3 INCH DISPLAY SCREEN WITH 6 COLOR THEMES

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Screen.jpg

2.0A TYPE-C CHARGING

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Charging.jpg

DUAL 18650 BATTERY DEVICE

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Batteries.jpg

LARGE FIREBAR FOR EFFORTLESS VAPING

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Fire_Key.jpg

8 SAFETY PROTECTIONS

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Protection.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF DEVICE AND TANK

SMOK_R-Kiss_2_Kit_Component.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As far as packaging goes Smok did a nice job with kit presentation having a box inside a outer sleeve with all components resting in individual foam cut outs. I'm familiar with the TFV18 Mini tank from previous reviews so no surprises there, I was sent the Black color kit and it's a matt Black which means no fingerprints.

The R Kiss 2 is a very lightweight dual 18650 battery device without batteries installed and still remains fairly lightweight when batteries are installed, dimples cover the entire device except for 3 locations ( top plate, firebar and bottom battery door ). The dimple texture has somewhat of a rubber feel to it and aides in the devices grip for a no slip feel in the hand.

I was glad to see the R Kiss 2 still used a firebar as the original does because on a full sized box mod a firebar makes using the device effortless.

The kit comes with a 2nd mesh coil that's a dual mesh 0.15Ω rated for between 80-100 watts and a best setting of 90W, pre-installed is the single core 0.33 mesh coil rated for between 80-140 watts with a best setting of 100-110w, ( these coils are hungry for power ). Also included is a spare bubble glass, spare O-rings, charge cord, user manual, warranty card and battery safety card.

20220415_184554.jpg

DEVICE FEATURES

• Material: Zinc Alloy
    • Size: 84*46*30mm
    • Colors: Black, Grey, Pale Champagne, Black Red ,Black Blue,7-Color
    • Output Wattage Range: 5-200W
    • Standby Current: <300uA
    • Input Voltage: 6.4V-8.4V
    • Output Voltage:1.0V-8.2V
    • Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-2.5ohm
    • Charging Voltage:5V±0.2V
    • Charging Current: Max 2A
    • Battery: Dual High Rate 18650 Batteries( Sold Separately)
    • 1.3INCH TFT Color Screen
    • All-Round Protection
    • 8-second Cut Off
    • Intelligent Atomizer Recognition
    • Over-heating Protection
    • Short Circuit Protection
    • Low-Battery Warning
    • Power Self-adaptive Control
    • Battery Over-discharge protection
    • Reverse Battery Connection Protection

TANK FEATURES

• Material: Stainless Steel
    • Size:28*59mm
    • Capacity: 6.5ml
    • 510 Thread
    • Convenient Top E-Juice Refill Design
    • Straight Bottom-To-Top Airflow System
    • 3 Large Airflow Adjustable Slots On Base
    • Compatible With TFV18 Mini Coils
    • V18 Mini Meshed 0.33ohm Coil(Pre-installed)
    • V18 Mini Dual Meshed 0.15ohm Coil

TFV18 MINI TANK

I'm so glad that SMOK decided to shrink down the TFV18 Tank to a much better size, the original was too tall of a tank in my opinion, you do loose some capacity but 6.5ml is plenty. Since it's introduction it has become a Tank that I use on a regular basis from time to time between other reviews because the coils perform very well with very good flavor and vapor.

One thing I need to point out is that the drip tip is a sleeve type which if you loose it your SOL unless you have another drip tip of this type or you can purchase a new one from SMOK. Normally I prefer a straight glass tube over a bubble glass but the TFV18 Mini is only bubble glass of which you receive 2. On the Mini the bubble looks good and is size appropriate for the device making a very attractive combination of the two.

The TFV18 Mini uses a push button to release and unlock the top cap that can then be swung out counter clockwise for juice filling, a open sign with a arrow is printed on the top cap. The fill port is large enough to accommodate a 100ml bottle tip or glass dripper without removing the drip tip . There is plenty of airflow for all you air lovers because of the triple airflow slots that have hard stops, this is a very airy tank and I had to close the airflow down to halfway or 1/4 open to get a RDL vape.

I have never had a accidental opening when carried in a pocket, the top cap locks closed very securely and closes with a click that can be easily heard. Both coils perform well with the 0.33Ω being a air machine that produces thick clouds, I found it a little too airy for my taste even though it can be closed down for a nice RDL vape, I prefer the 0.15Ω dual coil. The coils are screwed into the base then the base screws onto the the tank.

20220421_133523.jpg

20220417_102511.jpg

The 510 connection appears to be screwed into the top plate with 3 screws and feels very secure with no wobble or give to it, the 510 is spring loaded and has a very long amount of travel fitting every atomizer I tried on it. The top plate is connected to the device using 4 screws that recess for a nice countersink look, you can attach up to a 30mm atomizer before overhang of the sides develop.

20220416_094020.jpg

The 2 18650 batteries are installed from the bottom of the device via a trap door that we see on many devices, doing a bang on the desk test many times to see if the door would open proved it's solid with no unintentional opening of the door ( SOLID AND SECURE ).

20220417_092246.jpg

Opening the door reveals correct polarity marked on the door in white with a plus ( + ) for battery A and a minus ( - ) symbol for battery B, also inside the battery tubes a Red plus and Blue minus symbol at the end can be easily seen.

20220417_084623.jpg

Being a lightweight and compact device along with the dimples make holding it in the hand very comfortable, Smoke even recessed the front and back corners for a even better hand fit with all corners being rounded off as well.

20220417_094624.jpg

20220416_091156.jpg

The whole left side of the front facing device is the firebar that can be activated with a simple press or squeeze of the hand, I'm a sucker for firebars because it's the simplest way to vape other than a auto-draw feature. The firebar can be activated from the top to about 3/4 of the way down, below that it doesn't activate .

20220417_095726.jpg

POWER MODES - ( WATTAGE - BYPASS )

This is a wattage only device that has 2 power modes consisting of Wattage or Bypass, no T/C mode. There is plenty of power with a max wattage of 200 watts and a voltage range that has a max of 8.2 volts. In wattage mode it takes some time to reach the maximum wattage of 200 watts because it adjust in 1 watt increments, round robin feature is included within the device.

I urge you to use cation when using the Bypass mode with the TFV18 Tank and it's coils because it hits very FAST and HARD, I would avoid using the Bypass mode when using the supplied tank and coils, you will burn the coils out very fast ( YOU'VE BEEN WARNED ).

MENU - ( WATTAGE - BYPASS - POWER LOCKED )

* ON/OFF - 5 Quick Presses Of The Firebar

* Enter The Menu - 3 Quick Presses Of The Firebar

* Once In The Menu Use The Adjustment Buttons To Move The Highlighted Box To Either Wattage Mode, Bypass Mode Or Power Locked Mode ( ENTIRE DEVICE LOCKED )

* Adjustment Button Lock/Unlock - Press And Hold Both Adjustment Buttons Simultaneously

* Change Theme Colors - Press And Hold The Firebar And Up Button Simultaneously

* Color Theme Colors Are - White, Blue, Green, Yellow, Violet and A Reddish Orange

* Clearing The Puff Counter - Press And Hold The Firebar And Down Button Simultaneously

DISPLAY SCREEN

I really like the display screen of the R Kiss 2 because it's large and bright with good sized fonts that my aging eyes have no trouble seeing. The colors are vivid and all the information you need is laid out very well. The layout is as follows from top to bottom and left to right. Below the display screen are the up and down adjustment buttons and below them is the type-c charge port that charges at 2amps.

* Battery Bar And Battery % Percentage

* Wattage/Volts/Bypass

* Ohms

* Volts

* Puff Counter

* Time Of Last Vape In Seconds

20220423_064117.jpg

PROS

* Attractive

* Fairly Lightweight

* Comfortable To Hold

* Firebar

* 6 Color Themes

* Large Fonts

* Vivid Colors

* Bright

* Easy Menu

* Solid Build Platform

* 8.2 volts

* Fits A 30mm Atomizer Without Overhang

* Round Robin Feature

CONS

* No TC ( For Some People )

* Batteries Don't Deplete Evenly On Screen

FINAL IMPRESSIONS AFTER USING

First off I hope you listen to me and not use the Bypass mode with the TFV18 Mini Tank and it's coils, they will burn out fast because of the 8.2 volts being applied. As far as the coils go I am no stranger to them and think they perform very well with very good flavor and vapor, the 0.33 coil will fog a room up in no time with it's massive airflow. Airflow is very loud but smooth at any setting tried. Both of these coils crave power!

The TFV18 Mini Tank is a solid performing tank and the swing out push button opening top cap works very well, on some tanks with this type of opening or a sliding top cap the drip tip must be removed in order to fill it using a 100ml bottle but not with the TFV18 Mini, the top cap swings out far enough to fill using the larger juice bottles.

As far as the mod goes I really like it for the size, weight, bright vivid colors with fonts that are easily read. I'm a huge firebar lover and this firebar works great always firing for another plus of the device. Being able to fit a 30mm atomizer without overhang is another plus on the list. I noticed the batteries deplete unevenly on the screen but even out at the end of their cycle so no big deal.

I have enjoyed using and testing out the Smok R Kiss Kit and plan on using it even as this review is finished because I consider it a WINNER! I mentioned in the beginning of this review I would leave a coupon code for the purchase of this kit at Sourcemore and it's link. This code can be used for any purchase at Sourcemore.

The code is "ROBERT"

The link is SMOK R-Kiss 2 200W Kit with TFV18 Mini Tank

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Smok R Kiss 2 Kit for the purpose of this review, I also hope that I answered any of your questions regarding this kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread