Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello peeps,

smok RPM2 review coming your way. There have been several RPM pod-mods already, and I think it was smok that initially started with pod-mods with their first RPM (correct me if I am wrong).

The RPM2 comes in two versions, an internal battery and external 18650 battery version. I received the internal battery version for the purpose of this review.

On this review I am going to add limited specification pictures from the website as there is way too many, and on one post we are limited to only 20 pictures, you can find the specs here > Striking a good balance in the RPM series, the RPM 2 and RPM 2S coming as a combo jointly present full-flfledged technology with excellent visual sensation.

Specifications:

Parameters:

Size: 28.5 x 31 x 108.5mm
Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Juice Capacity: 7ml/2ml
Output Wattage: 1W-80W
Standby Current: < 100uA
Input Voltage: 3.3V-4.2V+0.2V
Output Voltage: 0.5V-4.0V
Resistance Range: 0.15ohm-3.0ohm
Charging Voltage: 5V±0.2V
Charging Current: 1.4A (Max)
Overcharge Voltage: 4.3V±0.05V
Overdischarge Voltage: 2.4V±0.05V
Overcharge Current: 2A±0.6A
Firing Time: 0.001s

Features:

Improved UP/DOWN button for easy click
Upgraded UI displays vape data clearly
Stable and fast type-C charge system
Magnetic connection of cartridge and battery
2000mAh huge battery and 7ml huge pod
Adjustable wattage from 1W to 80W
Multiple li-ion battery protections
New RPM 2 coils for both DL and MTL vape
Side filling design with transparent pod for visible e-juice

In the box:

1x RPM 2 Device
1x RPM 2 RPM2 Pod (RPM 2 Meshed 0.6ohm coil preinstalled) (7ml)
1x RPM 2 RPM Pod (RPM Mesh 0.4ohm coil preinstalled) (7ml)
1x Type-C USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x Warranty card

Two pods are always a good start, but these pods have a different function to which I will come back to later in this review.

Review:

Very solidly made pod-mod with its body being almost fully out of metal, only the screen panel is made of plastic. It lays very nice in the hand; it is not large or heavy.

Overall, I like the looks of this device, also the resin panel on the back of the device gives it a nice finish.

A nice big bright screen is showing all details you need to have on a pod-mod, and like the fact that it shows the battery in % rather than in ‘bars.

Navigating through the device is simple and there are not that many functions. Only wattage is available and 80W is maybe even too much for this device looking at the available coils. You can easily reset the puff counter, lock wattage, lock firing. One nice additional feature is that when holding the fire button and + you get a message saying how much battery % you have and how many puffs, not sure how accurate the puff calculation is here.

Pods are massive capacity wise, 7ml, can only be happy about such capacity. Magnetic connection is exceptionally strong, and the pod clicks very well into place. Filling up these pods is quite a pleasure with its large plug and proper fill hole. Transparent pods are for me always a plus, not having to struggle to see how much liquid is in there.

Like mentioned, there is two different pods. One pod is called RPM and the other RPM2 (it is written on the rubber seal as well). They look identical from the outside, but the difference is in the coils. The RPM2 pod is compatible with their new coils which are larger than the original RPM coils, as you can see on the picture below. They included the RPM pod for those that like or still have original RPM coils.

No airflow adjustment which is a pity. The two openings on the side of the pod are quite large and there is a lot of airflow. They could have for example included rubber plugs like Vaporesso did for their PM80, allowing to restrict the airflow by blocking one side. It is not that the airflow is way too much resulting in bad flavor, but it would have been nice if it could be a bit more restricted. With the RPM pod its more restricted than with the RPM2 pod.

These coils do what they are supposed to do. They deliver fantastic flavor, and to me the RPM2 pod with the 0.16ohm coil inserted is really nice at 40 to 45W. The 0.6ohm coil is also delivering nice flavor, but with much less vapor production and obviously power. The device fires up fast making it a nice quick direct hit.

Battery holds up quite well, getting 125 puffs on one charge using the 0.16ohm at 40W. In the beginning it seems the battery drains very fast, but once it reaches around 50% it slows down. There is no significant drop in performance once the battery is low, it seems like constant output. More importantly, the 2000mAh battery is fully charged in just 70-75 minutes, that’s fast.

Conclusion:

A proper DTL pod-mod delivering nicotine and flavor really well. USB-C and quick charge really make it a reliable device being able to charge it quickly.

Comfortable hold, nice solid built and an easy to navigate menu. If there is something, I’d change it’s the airflow, there is just a bit too much of it.

Large 7ml pods that are easy to fill and them being fully transparent is a good thing.

This is for those that are DTL pod-mod fanatics and are looking for a reliable pod-mod.

Special thanks to @SMOK_Sophia for sending me this kit!

Thank you,

SP013

Reactions: dreamvaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread