Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The smok RPM 80 is the new larger and more powerful version of the very famous RPM 40, compared to the RPM 40 the output is even higher and it is possible to adjust the power from 1 to 80 W. Two different versions have even been produced ( RPM 80 & RPM 80 PRO), the RPM 80 uses an integrated 3,000Mah battery while the RPM80 PRO version can accommodate a replaceable 18650 cell (not included in the kit), the other features of the kit (managed by the IQ-80 chip) are practically the same.

The New RPM 80 / Pro are born with the ambition to become "the Total Pod" we will see later in the review why (Real game changer) ...

Link to the official smok page: RPM80 & RPM80 PRO - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Both Pods come in a completely similar package, the front side shows the product image, some features, the color and the type of power supply with internal battery from 3.000mah or with 18650 for the PRO version.

On the back side are listed: the content, the various warnings and the inevitable logos & brands.

1.jpg

The side profiles of the box show the scratch and check, the anti-counterfeiting hologram, the bar code and the manufacturer / email / site addresses.

2.jpg

Package content: (in brackets the content of the PRO version)

1-smok RPM 80 device (RPM 80 PRO)
    1-Pod RPM coil 0,4Ω RPM best 25W
    1-Pod RGC coil conical / mesh from 0,17Ω range 40-80W
    1-USB cable
    1-User manual

3.jpg

Specifications: (in brackets the PRO version data)

Dimensions: 109x26x31.5mm (Dimensions: 118 × 26x31.5mm)
    Output: 1-80 W.
    Battery: 3000 mAh internal (1 × 18650 not included)
    Display: 0.96 inch color screen
    E-liquid capacity: standard 5ml / 2ml TPD
    Range of compatible resistors: all RPM / RGC
    Resistance range supported: 0.15-3Ω
    USB Type-C Charging Charge Current 1.2A (USB Type-C Charging Current 1.3A)
    * The RBA RPM is available separately
    * The RGC RBA will be available soon

4.jpg

The weight of the PRO version with the 18650 inserted stands at 139gr.

5.jpg

The rear side of our RPM is extremely clean and shows only one of the two air-flows while on the front there is the other air-flow, the 0.96 "color screen, the USB charging socket, the fire button (above) and the up and down control buttons (below).

6.jpg

Laterally the Mods show both the indication on the model and the word Smok.

7.jpg

In this image we can see the pod housing obtained directly on the battery, there are two gold-plated contact pins and two powerful and huge raised magnets, the two opposing air-flows can also be glimpsed.

8.jpg

On the bottom or at the base (as you prefer) the RPM 80 PRO shows us the sliding door, its opening allows us to insert a 18650 battery, while for the RPM 80 we find the chipset indicated, the capacity of 3.000Mah, finally we can see the presence of a vent hole for the integrated battery.

9.jpg

Both the Basic version and the PRO version have two different Pods or cartridges (as preferred) in the kit to accommodate different coils and rba, the new cartridge called RGC has a ring for air control (finally)

10.jpg

Reactions: SP013

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The first of the two Pods is called RPM and can truly mount an infinite number of pre-set rpm / coils, both DL and MTL in addition to the RBA / RPM to regenerate.

11.jpg

The new Pod is instead called RGC, it can currently use two DL coils and one MTL coil, these coils have a considerable size, a base for regeneration called RGC / RBA is expected soon.

12.jpg

Specifically here are the two RBAs.

13.jpg

To finish the description of the cartridges, I attach an image of the convenient refill.

14.jpg

Before talking about how Mods work, I am attaching an image on the available colors

15.jpg

The new IQ-80Chip dedicated Chipset requires 5 clicks to turn on / off the device, the display shows various useful information, battery charge level, wattage, lock / unlock symbol, ohms, volt, puff, last shot length and table of the colors available for the screen.

16.jpg

With three quick clicks on the fire we can lock / unlock the Mod, while to lock the wattage we have to press the up / down buttons together.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Pressing down / fire together we reset the puff count, while pressing up / fire together we can choose six different colors for the screen.

19.jpg

I find these two new Smok products really interesting for a number of reasons that I will list in a long final list of PRO.
    For the rest, the products work well both, they are well assembled, appear robust, the IQ-80 chip is simplified to the maximum and some functions such as by-pass and TC are missing, but it offers a good push, good battery management, a decent precision and a fairly quick refill, of real defects I have not found in any of the three specimens (that Smok sent me, two PRO and one Standard), I can only advise Smok to find the system to add an adjustment of the air-flow on the RPM cartridge and on the RBA / RPM, on the RGC cartridge it did and in my opinion this was exceptional! Brava Smok !!!

20.jpg

Smok RPM80 & RPM80 PRO Pros:

+ Drip-Tip (finally cylindrical)
    + Refill from above, very comfortable
    + Visibility of the liquid level (finally the pods are transparent)
    + Large choice of DL / MTL coil + RBA for the RPM pod (sold separately)
    + RGC pod with adjustable air-flow ring + availability of an upcoming RBA
    + New Coil RGC Nexmesh with a particularly aromatic and vaporous range 40-80W, it pushes like a damned, well assisted by the adjustable air-flow
    + 3.000Mah of autonomy for the standard version are really an excellent result, its small size is absolutely interesting
    + The PRO version with 18650 with the same dimensions weighs 30gr less than the competitor Vinci-X, it is also more rounded and comfortable to hold
    + Aesthetics and attractive colors
    + 0.96 "color display with good visibility
    + Fire reaction speed
    + Definitely versatile product, with the right accessories it is possible to adapt it to different vaping needs

Smok RPM80 & RPM80 PRO Tips:

- Some functions are missing in the IQ-80 chip such as by-pass and TC
    - It would be desirable that the RPM series coils also have their own cartridge / pod with adjustable air flow.

I thank Smok for sending me the RPM80 and the RPM80 PRO: RPM80 & RPM80 PRO - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread