SMOK S-Priv with TFV8 Light Edition. "In one black-black town..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Path

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Russia, Moscow
vapepath.ru
On the eve of Halloween smok Co. have launched a really attractive kit, which consists of thematic luminous box mod and atomizer - smok S-Priv with TFV8 Light Edition Kit, and today I would like to talk about it, `cause maybe someone is like me and prefer such stylish devices with extraordinary design.

DSC_0792.jpg

SMOK S-Priv with TFV8 Light Edition Kit came to me in a beautiful box of dark colors, where on the face side we can see the silhouette of small town of horror, ghosts and other evil spirits and the picture of the kit with concrete color, which meets us in the box.
On the back side we can find some usual info about the set, contacts, warnings, certificates, etc.

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg
As for set, this time it`s good, and besides some important accessories we have extra bonuses in the face of spare o-rings, which can diversify the appearance of atomizer.

SMOK S-Priv with TFV8 Light Edition Kit set:
1 * SMOK S-Priv box mod;
1 * SMOK TFV8 Light Edition atomizer;
1 * Replacement coil head V8 Baby-Q2 (0,4 Ohm, pre-built);
1 * Replacement coil head V8 Baby-T8 (0,15 Оhm);
1 * Spare glass tube;
1 * USB cable;
1 * Vape band;
14 * Spare o-rings;
1 * Spare insert into filling window;
1 * Warranty card;
1 * Warning card;
1 * User manual​

Being compared with some other devices by SMOK Co., I can say, that SMOK S-Priv is a compact device) Really, I like such a form factor in devices and am really glad, when get such samples. Unlike, for example, T-Priv, this box mod has a really qualitative painting, but the problem hasn`t been solved at all, and from different angles you can see, that a pair of screwing/unscrewing will bring micro-scratches on lacquered cover. When SMOK will solve the problem of their paint?(( If you can`t do that – make a levitation of atomizers, `cause it`s not difficult for to lift a little the connector.
But the cover is pleasant for touch, lacquered, and slipper a little in hand.

SMOK S-Priv box mod parametres:
Sizes: 85 mm * 47 mm * 30 mm;
Colors: Black, Silver, Red, Green, Purple, Gold, Prism Rainbow​

On the face side there is a colored display, stylized for a cylinder hat, which crowns the skull with led-light eyes. You can set different colors of lightning and some modes, which look nice.

DSC_0836.jpg
At the bottom of hat there are «+» и «-» buttons, which help us to navigate the menu and set different parameters. I hear, that they jingle, but work without misfires and backlashes.

The right side is empty, and the left side has a large hidden «Fire» button.
Here I begin to swear, guys! There is an ugly creak, when you push it in the area from top and to middle by finger. The interesting moment is, that if you push it with a whole palm – you won`t hear it…) Wow, strange things sometimes happens. Maybe, when the button be developed – the creak`ll disappear.

DSC_0839.jpg
On the back there are some little venting holes, company`s name, the name of box mod, and micro USB port, situated at the bottom.

DSC_0841.jpg

On the top there is a spring-loaded connector, situated in the opposite to «Fire» button side and the platform, which allows us to set atomizers up to 26 mm. Well, if the connector was centered, we would have got the possibility of set atomizers up to 30 mm.

DSC_0843.jpg

At the bottom, you can see the cover of battery compartment, which opens, when you shift it aside. For to help user to set 18650 – manufacturer pointed out the polarity.

DSC_0844.jpg
The display shows us such indices as wattage, temperature, battery indicator, resistance, mode name, voltage, puff counter and the time of each subsequent one and the name of Co. Besides this, you can set your favorite color theme through the menu, which will change the color of some indices.

DSC_0856.jpg
DSC_0858.jpg

For to turn box mod on – press «Fire» for 5 times.
For tu turn it off:

1. Push «Fire» fast for 5 times and clamp it for some seconds;
2. Find such an option in menu and activate it.

If you just click «Fire» for 5 times - S-Priv will be locked, but not will be turned off, remember it.

For to enter the menu – you`ll need to push «Fire» for 3 times. After that you`ll see the menu and can navigate it or set different parameters.

NOTE:
-For to change the concrete index – you need to use «+» and «-» button;
-For to navigate among indices – you need to clamp «Fire» for a second;
-For to activate the needed set – push «Fire», and the system will transfer you to next branch of menu, or just wait a little and the system transfer you to main screen;
-For to navigate among branches of menu – push the «Fire» button

The first branch of settings allows you to choose between modes – VW, TC (Ni, Ti, SS) and Memory mode or set the wattage or preheat.
We don`t need to talk about VW mode, besides, that if you want to change set of Norm, Soft and Hard submodes – push «+» and «Fire» buttons simultaneously, and about TC and Memory mode I would like to say some more words.

DSC_0876.jpg

Speaking about TC,I can say, that SMOK Co. `ve combined TC and TCR modes in one. This means, that you can set the type of wire and TCR coefficient in one mode. This is convenient, but there is a problem: TC doesn`t work correctly all the time. Sometimes box mod doesn`t want to work and show the message «No atomizer», for example, when you use SS TCR=93. Well, I prefer TC and because of this, such a moment is critical. The solution lies in the following: set TCR higher, than it is, make some puffs for to teach S-Priv this set, and then - set TCR=93 again. Profit!
I hope, that such a bug will be solved in new firmware.

The Memory mode is like a famous nowadays interpretation of Curve mode. You can set up to 22 indices of wattage here, and the system will remember all of them.

DSC_0857.jpg

The second branch allows us to set the puff limit or reset the total number of them

DSC_0860.jpg

The third branch will help to set the color theme of display, timeout and auto lock.

DSC_0861.jpg

The fourth branch will help to set led-light and its modes.

DSC_0862.jpg

The last branch gives you the possibility of turn the device off or leave it enabled.

DSC_0863.jpg

There is a useful function of fast navigation between modes. You need to push «-» and «Fire» at the same time, when the device is turned on.

DSC_0881.jpg

For fast lock of buttons – push «+» and «-» at the same time, when the device is turned on.

DSC_0865.jpg
DSC_0866.jpg

Vape Path

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Russia, Moscow
vapepath.ru
Of course, the system will show messages, when something wrong will happen to your atomizer or when you`ll want to change it.

DSC_0873.jpg
DSC_0864.jpg

SMOK S-Priv box mod specifications:
Wattage: 1-225W;
Voltage: 0,5-9V;
Modes: VW (Soft, Norm, Hard), TC (Ni, Ti, SS), Memory mode;
Resistance: 0,1-2,5 Оhm (VW), 0,05-2 Оhm (TC);
Temperature range: 100-315℃ / 200-600℉;
Battery: Two high-rated 18650;
Protection list: From shirt circuit, overheating, overcharge, 10 sec cut off​

Now, let1`s talk about the complete atomizer - SMOK TFV8 Light Edition. Its main advantage is, that it has a led-light, which you can change with the help of wide o-rings, which you can find in the box.
The diodes`re situated inside the base under the protective cover. I haven`t wanted to spoil it, so, you won`t see them ;)

DSC_0871.jpg

SMOK TFV8 Light Edition atomizer parametres:
Height: 56 mm;
Diameter: 24,5 mm;
Thread: 510 with swimming pin;
Materials: Stainless steel, Glass, Delrin;
Colors: Black, Stainless, Red, Green, Purple, Gold, Rainbow, Blue​

The base is deckles and with wide airflow holes at the bottom. The stroke is middle, and also it has a stopper. Inside you can see the thread, which fixes coil heads and RBA.
Do you see the wide o-ring? It works as a diffuser, and if we take it off, we`ll see a cover, under which there are some diodes, connected to a pin. Sorry but I don`t want to break it down and so, you won`t see the photos.

DSC_0810.jpg

Atomizer works with 4 types of coil heads (5 ml version) and with 2 types of heads (TPD version). You can`t find RBA base in set, but if want – you can buy it separately.
As for complete coil heads, they are of 2 types - V8 Baby-Q2 (0,4 Ohm resistance and 55-65W) and V8 Baby-T8 (0,15 Ohm resistance and 60-80W). Well, I like the flavor, which they produce, and that`s the truth! But also I`ve found some unexpected leaks, and think, that this is because of overfeed. Well, maybe RBA will solve such a trouble.

DSC_0820.jpg

Top side has 3 monolithic to each other elements: little shaft, filling ring and top cap. The shaft has a thread on the bottom for to being fixed with replacement coil heads.
Filling ring has a little hole for filling and replaceable silicone insert.
Top cap is made with a special mechanism, which allows to shift it aside and fill your tank. This is really convenient!

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

In conclusion, TFV8 X-Baby Beast has a 810 drip-tip, which fixes into a top cap with the help of two o-rings. As for me, it`s pretty good and works well without getting too hot.
Also, if want, you can buy «Cobra» drip tip, which will diversify your atomizer and make it brighter.

DSC_0807.jpg

SMOK TFV8 Light Edition atomizer specifications:
Base: Deckles, for replacement coil heads and RBA base;
Airflow: Bottom;
Filling: Top;
Capacity: 5 ml;
Drip tip: of 810 type;
Special options: led-light, bubble glass tube, «Cobra» drip tip​

DSC_0797.jpg

Pros:

Good set;
Beautiful led-light;
Flavor and vapor;
Simple menu;
Informative display;
Bottom airflow;
Top filling;
Convenient form factor;
Price

Cons:
Rare unexpected leaks;
TC doesn`t work correctly all the time;
The creak of «Fire»;
Painting of the top platform;
No RBA base in set

CV
I would like to say, that loved S-Priv with TFV8 Light Edition Kit absolutely (and to some extent it is so), but there are some critical comments, which blacken the kit in my eyes.
Firstly, thanks to SMOKTECH for such an extraordinary box mod, its compact sizes, pretty skull led-light, informative and simple menu and functional and tasty TFV8 with lightning and the possibility of its change. Really, I think, than it will press my table device - Sigelei KAOS Spectrum.
Also, I can say that TFV8 – is a really good part of the kit, and if when I use it with RBA base it won`t have leaks, well, this will put another plus to kit moneybox. But this plus would be thicker, if the filling glass could be a little bigger.
The conclusion is, that such a kit is a pretty good, but manufacturer will have to test their samples more carefully before launch on the market. This concerns – the assembly of «Fire» button and firmware (hello, TC mode!).
The price is about 61$ for the kit, and really, I think, that it`s normal, because you can find less prospective and of a poorer quality devices, which cost more.​

You can buy SMOK S-Priv with TFV8 Light Edition Kit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread