Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hi, today waiting for the smok Scar-P5 with 18650 cell, I present the latest smok, the 2,000mAh Scar-P3 Pod-mod with integrated battery.
    This new series of Smok products differs from the mass for an important feature; which is called IP67, or the ability to be resistant to water, shocks and dust.

Introduction:

On a visual and tactile level the materials that make up the Scar-P3 are perceived to be very valid and this is a good start.

The small size, weight and attractive graphics are further advantages of the Smok Scar-P3.

The Scar-P3 is powered by an internal 2000 mAh battery, can reach the maximum power of 80W and can be recharged from the convenient USB type C.

Smok claims that for its Scar-P3 it has further improved the performance of the IQ-80 chipset and made the output more stable.

The kit comes standard with two tanks and two Coils, one of these is the new 0.16Ω RPM2 Meshed Coil suitable for open puffs.

The other is the 0.4Ω RPM Mesh coil with a type of puff always open, but more contrasted than the RPM2 coil.
    Obviously the RPM cartridge is compatible with all Smok's RPM / Coil line.

1.jpg

The package shows the image of the Scar-P3 on the front, the brand logo, some main features, the name of the device and the indication of the color in the box.

There are the warnings, the content, the logos, the brands and the scratch and check.

2.jpg

On the side we find the QR-Code invitation, to download the IVPS Tour APP to exchange experiences with Smok fans: IVPS Tour

On the opposite side are listed: the manufacturer's address, website, service, email, barcode and holographic control.

3.jpg

Content of the Scar-P3 Kit:
    1-Smok SCAR-P3 device
    1-Pod RPM2 Scar-P3 (5.5ml)
    1-Pod RPM Scar-P3 (5.5ml)
    1-Coil RPM2 Meshed 0.16Ω 25-50W Best 40W
    1-Coil RPM Mesh 0.4Ω 25W
    1-USB Type-C charging cable
    1-Warranty card
    1-User manual

4.jpg

Parameters:
    Type: IP67 Waterproof, shockproof, dustproof
    Zinc alloy frame with leather inserts
    Dimensions: 110 x 32.3 x 27mm
    Weight: 110g
    Battery: built in 2000 mAh
    Output: 5-80 W
    Screen: 0.96 inch TFT display
    Output voltage: 0.5-4 V
    Input voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Resistance range: 0.2-2.5Ω
    Charging voltage: 5 V ± 0.2 V
    Standby current: <120uA
    Overload voltage: 4.3 V ± 0.03 V
    Overload current: 2A ± 0.3A
    Charging type: Type-C 5V / 1.1A
    Chipset: IQ-80 with improved performance
    Puff monitoring system
    Cut-off 08s
    Short circuit protection
    Overheating protection
    Low battery warning

5.jpg

6.jpg

The color combinations of the Smok Scar-P3 offer a wide choice:
    The rubber parts differ in color according to the choice options. Each model of Smok Scar-P3 has leather inserts with different patterns between one and the other.
    The color of the PCTG cartridge is the same for all Scar-P3s. The color of the zinc alloy frame is Rainbow on all the various combinations.

7.jpg

How Scar-P3 is made:
    Capable of withstanding water dives between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes, shocks and dust, the Scar P3 offers much more ...

The side aesthetic effect of the small Smok house has a great impact, with the structure of the gun metal frame that precisely wraps the soft leather inserts. Metal leather and rubber complement each other, without a doubt a new fashion and a perfect fusion.
    The lightweight 110g body is meticulously designed to be portable and easy to use. Its compact design contributes to an elegant and delicate appearance.

The fixed airflows (one on each side) are located at the top and are arranged horizontally, at the bottom there is a small, finely burnished French screw to fix the external structure to the body.

8.jpg

The 0.96-inch TFT screen is housed in a frame of soft shock-proof rubber that continues from the front to the bottom, for a soft and stable support base of the mod.

The curves of the frame, the leather insert and the soft rubber are shaped to adhere perfectly to the palm of the hand, these expertly mixed materials give truly exceptional tactile feedback.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The compartment of the Pod hosts on the sides in a raised position four powerful round-shaped magnets, in the center there are the two spring-loaded and gold-plated contact pins.

The bottom of the Mod has no vent for the cell, I worried about looking for it and I did not find it, making tests I noticed that the air sucking with the mouth between the joints of the frame and the rubber, comes out! Good news, air not enters, thus keeping it airtight and not compromising the safety function of the vent / battery. Ingenious!

The USB socket has a rubber cap IP67 that protects it from any infiltration of liquid and dust.

11.jpg

Both Pods RPM2 and RPM mirror the Pod compartment and thanks to the design and their precise conformation they fit perfectly with the Mod.
    The clack is audible! It gives me security and gratifies my ears.

For both Pods there is a practical "press and pull system". The RPM2 cartridge (on the left in the photo) has a specific and larger insertion / coil hole than the RPM cartridge.

12.jpg

Cleverly the drip-tip has an adequate diameter and differs between the RPM and RPM2 tanks. This is to suck the right amount of air based on the type of coil inserted.
    - Drip-Tip RPM2 ø7mm.
    - Drip-Tip RPM ø5mm.

The top refill typical of the latest Smok RPM80 is the best solution I've ever tried on pods!
    I'm glad it was kept on the Smok Scar series. Really smart and ultra-comfortable, the best!

The PCTG material of the Pod Scar is resistant and very transparent.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Coil:

A new Coil RPM2 Meshed 0.16Ω 25-50W with Best at 40W has been introduced with the Scar P3. The other is a classic Coil RPM Mesh 0.4Ω 25W with no range indicated.

Smok to increase the aromatic production has changed the design of the dual channel direct air flow.
    The air enters from both slots (lowered with respect to the coil) and forms a two-way vertical flow channel in the upper part, without pressure drop.

The 0.16Ω RPM2 is a coil with a really flexible use and it is incredibly able to work perfectly at 20W, Magic of the Mesh!
    I accidentally found myself vaping at 20W with this 0.16Ω coil and I did it for a long time before I realized it (I was over thinking).
    I have to say I was surprised!
    However respecting the Best of 40W that Smok indicates. The behavior is exceptional, very high steam production and dense clouds, medium open DTL.
    The steam is hot but never too hot, good taste and puffs as smooth as oil, promoted to the greatest both with 50/50 liquids and with 70/30 liquids, very low the presence of condensation at the end of the day.

Coil RPM Mesh 0.4Ω 25W was introduced at the launch of RPM40. Even this coil has a flexible use, I wanted to try it at 15W even at this low Wattage it activates well and is reactive, it works, however it seems to supercharge e-liquid, I therefore moved to 25W, the efficiency increases, cloud production is satisfactory, the puff it is DTL limited. However, there is a small defect of overfeeding, the liquid is perceived on the lips, especially by sucking hard. I think that given the torrid climate and the size of the Drip-tip contained, effect is a consequence, however I believe that use of denser liquids or other RPM coils from MTL or restricted flavor is more suitable with this tank.

15.jpg

16.jpg

How the Scar-P3 Kit works:

17.jpg

The 0.96-inch screen uses enlarged characters to display basic information more clearly.
    The screen shows all the information useful for vaping such as:
    - Graphic level and percentage of remaining battery charge
    - Wattage
    - Volt
    - Ohm from the Coil
    - Last puff duration
    - Total number of puffs

The Fire button and Up / Down buttons are all located on the front, which is quite comfortable to use.

- To turn the mod on / off, click five consecutive clicks on the Fire button
    - Click Up or Down to change the Wattage from 5 to 80W (increase / decrease of 1W at a time)
    - To lock / unlock the wattage, press the up / down keys simultaneously.
    - To choose one of the five background colors, press the Up / Fire buttons simultaneously
    - To cancel the total number of puffs, press the Down / Fire buttons simultaneously

The test on the management of the internal 2,000mAh cell I did with the usual test of the maximum number of puffs obtainable with a single battery charge.

With the coil RPM Mesh from 0.4Ω to 25W the result was surprising, 471 puffs!
    Far beyond my best expectations and far superior to other products tested with the same method.
    Incredible, this Scar-P3 has a huge battery durability, guys!

The durability test with the RPM2 Meshed from 0.16Ω to 40W, I carried out with the other identical Sample sent to me by Smok.
    The result confirmed an excellent management! This time I managed to make 268 puffs!

For an entire charging cycle it takes about 90 minutes, in this situation the Scar-P3 is not among the fastest, but its great autonomy repays abundantly of the expected time.

18.jpg

Family photo, Smok RPM80, RPM80Pro, Scar-P3.

19.jpg

Final thoughts:
    This new Pod-Mod Scar-P3 by Smok has fully satisfied me, you can read it in the review, so I highly recommend the purchase, I leave you my HighLights on the product.

Pro:
    - Materials used skillfully mixed
    - Attractive color range aesthetics
    - Ideal dimensions
    - Low weight
    - Great handling
    - IP-67 resistant to water, shocks and dust
    - Two different tanks supplied in the kit
    - ø drip Tip diameters differentiated for RPM2 and RPM
    - Two different coils supplied in the kit
    - Wide choice of Coil RPM
    - RPM RBA optional
    - Coil RPM2 Meshed 0.16Ω 25-50W exemplary operation
    - Transparent PCTG tank
    - Exceptional top refil, the best of all
    - Low condensation
    - IQ-80 reactive chipstet
    - Color screen with enlarged characters
    - Simple to navigate
    - USB Type-C
    - 2.000mAh battery with precise management and great autonomy

Tips:
    Too abundant supply of e-liquid of at the coil RMP Mesh 0.4Ω during the Puff.

I thank Smok for sending this Sample: SCAR-P3 & SCAR-P5 - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

The product in its package does not contain tobacco, nicotine or other liquids

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread