Smok Tech 3.2 ohm Duel Coil Cartos on the Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I've been using the smok Tech 3.2 ohm Duel Coil Cartos on my Buzz at between 3.7 and 4.5v.

A friend and I were discussing this recently and the one concern both of us have is the heat produced by the Buzz. It doesn't seem to be heat dissipated by the carto and checking the batteries they don't seem to be unusually hot. I was wondering if this heat is being produced by the electrics in the Buzz itself and is there any danger of harming the Buzz when this heat is produced by heavy vaping?

I guess the bottom line is, are duel coil cartos safe to use on the Buzz without damaging it?

TT

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The Buzz has a overload circuit in it T so I wouldn't worry. Attys/cartos are in a sense a direct short in the current and are bound to produce some heat. But if your circuit protection isn't going off I wouldn't worry. That's just part of using LR stuff.

And eat your danged oatmeal.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
LOL, well stated 5card. But oatmeal does keep your cholesterol in line and keeps your bowels moving and at my age all there is to talk about is my bowel movements and the weather.

And the weather is boring.

Bovina, thanks for the welcome and on the batteries its really hard for me to say. I have old batteries and newer batteries and sometimes I have a Fusion on my Buzz (which is always with me btw) and now sometimes the duel-coil and other times an IKV Mega-808.

And guys, thanks for the info on the circuit protection. I don't know why I didn't think of that ... but I'm old and at least I can use that for an excuse LOL. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread