Smok Telescope with CGR18650 WONT FIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Are you having any trouble with the device scratching the battery wrap/jacket? The one I've seen so far seems to like cutting up the battery cover pretty harshly. I was thinking that it might be limited to just this one (I hope).

Only reason I would worry is that it would eventually cut through and cause the battery to short.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
the device scratching the battery wrap/jacket?
When they were discussing making safer PVs this sort of problem was brought up. There were talks of using various liners (Mylar comes to mind) to avoid this. There have been a few China PVs that had similar problems, sometimes at the threads where the battery was installed.

Feel around with your finger and see if you can any sharp edge, also look towards the the vent holes where they penetrate the tube. Maybe you could work the interior with a fine grit roll of sandpaper.

These are after all cheaply, quickly made things that probably have no real QC.

renoman

Verified Member
May 18, 2012
canada,west coast
Kevin did you get your kick?
Im toying with the idea,I got this because I wanted something without a circuit board (fried an ego on the boat,didnt see the wave coming:) ),but Im thinking regulated to about 3.7 would be nice and its pretty protected in the top of the telescope.
Plus if it does get a soaker I can toss the kick over my shoulder and the pv will still work.The beauty of a mechanical switch.
Im rambling,how is the kick working for you?:)

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
ya i absolutely love this kick. id honestly rather have it in a nicer mod then the telescope,(like i need another one..), but for now it is doing be wonders. ive been using it more the my provari. its just so convienent not having to worry about switching from low res to high res voltages. u just screw on watever you want and your good to go. i would LOVE to own a darwin, or something with the nivel chip in it. beats VV any day.

another thing that surprised me is battery life. im using AW IMR 18350s with the kick and 1 lasted me all day at work, plus about 1 more hour after i got home. so about 9 hrs on one 18350 (for me). it was reading 3.6 no load wen it needed swapped. although id rather be using this CGR18650 with the kick, or even the awimr18490, i cant with the telescope. so atleast i know the 18350s will do a good job. im def ordering another kick before they run out of stock. i plan on buying a mod for the CGR w/ kick at vapercon tho for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread