Smok Tfv4 and Smok Koopor Plus 200W : "Short Atomizer" ...and "Don't abuse protects"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin283695

Mar 15, 2016
im having an issue where my koopor plus and smok tfv4 give off a reading of "short atomizer" when i push the button once, and if i press it again it says "don't abuse protects". i have tried switching batteries, and that does not seem to work so well either. Ive looked at other posts on this forum but the answers are so vague... Can someone give me a down to earth explanation of how to fix this?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
"Short Atomizer" would indicate that the mod is reading a resistance that is too low for the mod. It's triggering the short protection. Try switching out the coil and see if a different coil works. You may have a bad coil that is shorting out. You should also try a different tank. If a different tank works fine and swapping out coils doesn't fix your problem then there is probably a problem with your tfv4's 510 pin. Possibly a bad o-ring on the pin and it's contacting the base before it reaches the coil.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have a Koopor and have never seen anything of the sort. Short atomizer is obvious. It thinks the coil resistance is too low. Do you have an ohmmeter to check it on? If not, try swapping the coil, or swapping the tank. Also try getting a Q-Tip with rubbing alcohol and cleaning the 510 connector on the mod. "Don't abuse protects" is funny, though. I'm tempted to short a dripper with a piece of wire just to see it :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
ummm get a longer atty ?? ;)

seriously tho... there is either a short circuit in the atty somewhere ( the + lead is touching the body other than the connect point) or the resistance is too low for the present mode you are in... by chance are you using Ni or Ti wire on power mode instead of Temp mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread