Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Announcing a new tank from the people who brought you the IJOY Asolo and the Asolo Mini...
The IJOY Reaper Plus Tank.

Pre-Orders being accepted now at Heaven Gifts.
IJOY Reaper Plus Tank Kit - 3.8ml

201512241906479132.jpg

201512241906498847.jpg

Specifications

201512241907207060.jpg

201512241907239890.jpg

201512241907271851.jpg

201512241907286693.jpg

Features

201512241908117877.jpg

201512241908144184.jpg

201512241908169807.jpg

201512241908211103.jpg

201512241908251872.jpg

201512241908299066.jpg

201512241908350254.jpg

201512241908390291.jpg

201512241909420651.jpg

201512241909494816.jpg

201512311200571530.jpg

Welcome one and all! . . :thumbs:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Product Introduction

IJOY Reaper Plus tank Kit - 3.8ml, is the newest tank released by IJoy. It features top cooling airflow and airflow adjustable system, top side filling and different coil heads. Good choice to enjoy vaping.

Parameters
Size: 22 x 66mm(diameter/height)
Wattage range: 0.3ohm(35W - 80W); 0.4ohm(35W - 100W)
E-liquid Capacity: 3.8ml

It comes with
  • 1 x IJoy Reaper Plus Tank
  • 1 x 0.4ohm coil head(pre-installed)
  • 1 x 0.3ohm coil head(SS 316L)
  • 1 x RBA coil head
  • 1 x extra glass tube
  • 1 x Organic cotton
  • 1 x Screwdriver
  • 2 x Screws
  • 2 x replacement wire
  • 2 x replacement seal ring for glass tube
  • 1 x Warranty card
Simple packing. Customary packing from the factory, the packing is subject to change without notice.

Features

Top cooling airflow and airflow adjustable system
Top side filling
Variable coil heads available
100% Pure Organic cotton

Operation

E-liquid Filling

Close off the hole before refill; lifting up the top cap; simply squirt your favorite juice into the hole

Change Coils
Screw the base from the tank. Then remove the old coil from the base and screw back a new one.

Airflow Control
Rotate the top/bottom ring clockwise or counter-clockwise to adjust airflow.

Reactions: inspects

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Interesting.... Im curious about two things in the pics though, circled below... what is the ICC coil? or is it a coil.
Sorry to have been so long getting back here.

ICC stands for Innovative Ceramic Coil. There seems to be a trend of calling a Tank Head a "Coil".

What "Best feeling" means must have been lost in translation.
laugh.gif

IJOY REAPER PLUS TANK AND ICC INNOVATIVE CERAMIC COIL
Reaper Plus with top cooling airflow and airflow adjustable system (Patent: ZL 2014 2 0818977.X、ZL 2013 2 0519769.5) is the newest tank released by IJOY. This is a powerful vaping kit, the coil made with 316L stainless steel and Clapton material, also with RBDA coil for those who prefer to build their own coils. The adjustable top airflow ensures enough air inhaling when vaping at high wattage. The bottom juice flow can be completely shut off when filling Reaper Plus. This top side filling can avoid leakage caused by gravity and air pressure. The Gold plated pin connection ensures better conductivity. All components can be detached if replacing O-rings and glass tube is required. IJOY R&D worked for a year for this extremely powerful tank, each vapes lovers worthy to own it!

Ijoy ICC (Innovative Ceramic Coil) utilizes the innovative micro-porous ceramic core environmental health materials, more than 1 year time, IJOY R&D team invest more than 40w dollars, experience countless examination, update production technology and formula, ultimately we made it.

Greatly innovation and improvement than other ceramic coils ICC does, it solves high-temperature Oxidation problem of heating coils and the e-juice suction problem. It vapes great with all proportions of PG, VG e-juice, the ICC material is more solid, and we make it high wattage huge vapor.

ICC coil owns 8 points here: Healthy and Environmental, Filtering impurities, Dry hit prevention, Huge vapor cloud, Without cotton design, High-temperature resistant, Best feeling taste, Long Lifespan.

With the courage to explore new tech all the way, Ijoy adheres to try and break in new technology. Customer first, experience is key, with personality, IJOY's team holds the belief to original design and best service.
ijoy-reaper-plus-coils.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A full introduction for ceramic coils for reaper plus tank ICC coil (non-cotton coil). Before we introduce the ICC coil, we need to start from one special material called "Supreme Porous Ceramics".

Supreme Porous Ceramics is one kind of Superior Technical Ceramics for use in filtration, diffusion, separation and purification applications.

supreme-porous-ceramics.jpg

IJOY firstly introduce Supreme Porous Ceramics to e-cigarette industry. We had to make a lot of R&D on this material, but now we made an updated Supreme Porous Ceramic which is suitable for using on the tank coil.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I just sent a message to IJoy via their Contact Us page to ask for information and details of the ICC Coil Heads. I'll let you know what comes back, if anything.
cool. Im intriqued... but what happens if you get a handfull of dry hits and start to char the ceramic. I cant imagine that would be good to inhale. definately post back if they respond to you.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
There is another ceramic coil head that I've used. It's a ceramic tube with the coil partially exposed in the air hole, and it is wrapped with two thin sheets of Japanese Organic Cotton. Since the cotton is not in contact with the coil, it is not a problem. It is there to keep the ceramic well saturated, and protect the ceramic cell from damage due to drops, etc.

The ceramic tube is made in a Sintering process. A ceramic power is poured into a mold around the coil and it is Sintered (in something like an oven) into a solid porous ceramic at 1000°C to 1200°C. Because the ceramic was that hot when it was formed, it can recover from easily from things like a dry hit.

Sinter: Cause (ores or powdery metals) to become a coherent mass by heating without melting.

Some of the things I asked about...

Can we get more pictures of the ICC Coil Heads?
How is the ceramic made?
Is the coil inside the ceramic, or partially exposed?
Is there absolutely no cotton, or is the cell wrapped with cotton on the outside?​

I asked for details. If it is made in a Sintering process, then that will be something I already have experience with. They may be using a different ceramic power which may make a different flow rate through it, but the Sintered ceramic is safe to use. There shouldn't be any dust, power, chips, or anything that would be inhaled other than vapor (or a nasty tasting hit if it is too dry).

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh man, I would have LOVED this tank over the past couple of days. I had to cross a mountain pass TWICE whose summit is actually higher than Denver, Colorado. Yeah, my mods and I live at sea level, soooo.... Much mess in the car. :D I guess that's bound to happen when you travel with 7 mods, lol. I would love to never have to worry about air pressure causing leaks again, though! Also...stainless steel. Woo hoo!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 100%VG

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Oh man, I would have LOVED this tank over the past couple of days. I had to cross a mountain pass TWICE whose summit is actually higher than Denver, Colorado. Yeah, my mods and I live at sea level, soooo.... Much mess in the car. :D I guess that's bound to happen when you travel with 7 mods, lol. I would love to never have to worry about air pressure causing leaks again, though! Also...stainless steel. Woo hoo!!! :banana::banana::banana:
Sorry about the juice mess. I live close to sea level, and I wouldn't have thought about that, either.

The Stainless is nice, but I wonder if they'll offer a black one, too.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Does China have an overwhelming abundance of ceramic or something?

Why do they keep trying to force ceramic down our throats?

Ceramic is a wonderful material, for many uses, but I dont like it anywhere near my atomizers. I just don't like the idea of breathing in porous glass fragments.

I thought they would have learned after the Nautilus BVC backlash, but they just keep trying to sneak ceramic into our vapes.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Does China have an overwhelming abundance of ceramic or something? Why do they keep trying to force ceramic down our throats?

Ceramic is a wonderful material, for many uses, but I dont like it anywhere near my atomizers. I just don't like the idea of breathing in porous glass fragments.

I thought they would have learned after the Nautilus BVC backlash, but they just keep trying to sneak ceramic into our vapes.
The two are very different. Aspire used a crumbly ceramic pad that was touching the coil, and that was wrapped with cotton, IIRC. Nothing about a Sintered ceramic is soft, flaky, gritty, crumbly, or anything like it. It's a hard, solid ceramic core/shell/tube with a coil inside. Plus, the ceramic and wick are inside a Head casing, so they are fairly well protected from drops.

I don't know yet if the ICC Coil Heads will be a Sintered ceramic or not, but taste, flavor, and performance are the reasons for the push on ceramic heads now.

Last edited:

jefx

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Nothing about a Sintered ceramic is soft, flaky, gritty, crumbly, or anything like it.

Sure..... as long as it stays in pristine condition. However, ceramic is very brittle. It's great in a controlled environment, but we vape in unpredictable worldly conditions. I have knocked my mods over countless times, hard enough to break glass tanks. I don't want to have to remove the coil head every time my mod falls over to inspect for broken ceramic.

jefx

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Also, Sintered ceramic may work well as long as quality control is perfect. But I've seen more than my fair share of poor QC from Chinese vaping products. I would hate to be the one who installs a fresh coil head from a bad production run and suck in a lungful of powdered ceramic from a device who's function is to concentrate it's contents for inhalation.

Just a bad idea.

Asbestos might make a great wick too.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Sure..... as long as it stays in pristine condition. However, ceramic is very brittle. It's great in a controlled environment, but we vape in unpredictable worldly conditions. I have knocked my mods over countless times, hard enough to break glass tanks. I don't want to have to remove the coil head every time my mod falls over to inspect for broken ceramic.
I just said that the ceramic is protected inside the head. The glass tube on your tank will break if it takes a direct hit, but the ceramic cannot take a direct hit. It's a hard, solid ceramic core/shell/tube with a coil inside, and that is inside a Head casing. The thought of ceramic is not for everyone, but having used them from another brand myself, I am comfortable with them. I just want to learn more about how these ICC Coil Heads are actually made... the whole process.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Also, Sintered ceramic may work well as long as quality control is perfect. But I've seen more than my fair share of poor QC from Chinese vaping products. I would hate to be the one who installs a fresh coil head from a bad production run and suck in a lungful of powdered ceramic from a device who's function is to concentrate it's contents for inhalation.

Just a bad idea.

Asbestos might make a great wick too.
I have used Aluminum Oxide Ceramic sticks in genny atomizers, too. There was nothing flaky, crumbly, or powdery about them, either. If you haven't used anything like it because ceramic got a bad name from Aspire, then leave ceramic alone. Like I said, it's not for everyone. No one is trying to push anything down anyone's throat. It's there for people who are interested.

There is a whole line of other coil heads for the Reaper Plus that use Japanese Organic Cotton. The ICC Coil Head is just one of many for it.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Sorry about the juice mess. I live close to sea level, and I wouldn't have thought about that, either.

The Stainless is nice, but I wonder if they'll offer a black one, too.
That would be awesome. I really like the look of black tanks, and it would be a great contrast with the red filling section! :)

Reactions: 100%VG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread