Smok TFV4 Micro R2 RBA Coil/wire info Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackan1

May 27, 2016
Scotland, UK
Hello.

I am looking for a nice wire I can use with the smok TFV4 Micro R2 rba I am new to building wires so not sure what kinda wire I may need to buy.

anything along the lines of Clapton, Juggernaut, alien or what one gives best flavour

I like 0.2-0.5 and like using power mode rather then temp.

I was looking at fasttech for pre-coiled ones but not sure what will fit. so don't mind paying a bit extra if anyone know what will fit.

Chan~

Moved On
Jul 4, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Mackan1

May 27, 2016
Scotland, UK
Clapton , i use 24 awg
0.40 Ω

Photo

How many raps is that 6?

I ended up buying many different types.
I finger if the pre-coiled do not work i can make my own from the wire and keep the pre-coiled for a new tank later on in life.
All ordered from Fasttech.

MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Tiger Resistance Wire for RBA Atomizers
26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.2mm*0.8mm flat / 2.8ohm / 5m (15ft)
MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack)
26/32 AWG / 0.4mm/0.2mm dia. / 0.32ohm
MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Quad Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack)

28*4 AWG / 0.32mm*4 dia. / 0.2ohm
Youde UD 316L Stainless Steel Staggered Fused Clapton Pre-coiled Wire for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack)
(26 AWG+32 AWG)*2 / (0.4mm+0.2mm)*2 dia. / 0.5*0.1mm flat / 0.2ohm

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
How many raps is that 6?

I finger if the pre-coiled do not work i can make my own from the wire and keep the pre-coiled for a new tank later on in life.

Youde UD 316L Stainless Steel Staggered Fused Clapton Pre-coiled Wire for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack)

5 each

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
How many raps is that 6?

I don't know what is wrong with these Chinese wire companies. That isn't tiger wire. It is a juggernaut but without the requisite multiple core. Basically a Clapton with flat wire for the wrap. Probably vapes fine, but still.

Tiger wire is flat twisted WITH the round wire.

71ioY1mh.jpg

jenbot

Aug 11, 2013
Austin, Tx
How many raps is that 6?

So its been about a month since you ordered them, hopefully you have received them and had a chance to compare. Did they all fit? I am trying to decide on some pre-coiled wire to order with the R2 RBA I am ordering, and need to know what the max dimensions per coil are for 2 coils to fit comfortably in it. The rest (ohms/style/gauges) I can figure out for myself. Anyone have a rough estimate?

jenbot

Aug 11, 2013
Austin, Tx
Clapton , i use 24 awg
0.40 Ω

Photo
I didn't notice the photo link at first, but that looks like the right size coil for the deck (as I'm sure you are already fully aware lol). You say you use 24 AWG Clapton .... but clapton wire is usually described as 'Core AWG/Wrap AWG'.

Does the combined diameter come out to 24 AWG? Or is the core 24 with another size wire wrapped around it? Either way, do you know/can you tell me the AWG of each individual wire?

Also, just to be clear, is the .4 ohm resistance the total resistance of the build? Are they actually .8 ohms each?

I would be most appreciative if you could expand on this a little :D

Thanks !
Jen

Last edited:

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
I didn't notice the photo link at first, but that looks like the right size coil for the deck (as I'm sure you are already fully aware lol). You say you use 24 AWG Clapton .... but clapton wire is usually described as 'Core AWG/Wrap AWG'.

Does the combined diameter come out to 24 AWG? Or is the core 24 with another size wire wrapped around it? Either way, do you know/can you tell me the AWG of each individual wire?

Also, just to be clear, is the .4 ohm resistance the total resistance of the build? Are they actually .8 ohms each?

I would be most appreciative if you could expand on this a little :D

Thanks !
Jen
did that long time ago, don't remember the details but here is the clapton i always use: $4.81 Clapton Kanthal A1 Coiled Heating Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers - 32/26 AWG (0.2mm/0.4mm) / 5m (15 feet) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
why did i say 24 i have no idea O.O i always buy this one 100% and i used it in TFV4 RBA deck for 100%

jenbot

Aug 11, 2013
Austin, Tx
Oh, balls!

I had just finally settled on some precoiled wire, but it was bugging that your deck looked different from the one on fasttech. Last night I was chalking it up to different camara angles or something (drunken wishful thinking- magical thinking as they say). But, after sleeping it off, it occured to me to look up the the R2 RBA for the TFV4 full size/mini vs. the TFV4 micro. Oh wells, back to the drawing board, I guess.

Dunno, might start another thread about it, may just order less of what I was thinking of ordering (these, these, or these) and the uncoiled you recommended. Starting to reach burn-out on thinking about this order, so we shall see I guess. The dimensions of the 2 coil heads aren't really that different (assuming the fasttech info is accurate), but the post orientation is- so I am having issues settling.

Sillyburt

Jul 5, 2016
I posted this at another website but thought I'd put it here as well based on the lack of available knowledge that I could find on these tanks and their rebuildable decks.....

I've been using 3 separate Smok Micro tanks with the R2 rebuildable deck for about 6 months. I use all of them daily. I replaced the coils once or twice on each one (~.26 ohms) but started with the preinstalled coils. About a week ago tank #1 started getting erratic readings (on the mod) for resistance. It was gaining resistance and sometimes going way out there at like 1.0, 2.0, 5.0 etc. I took the tank apart and cleaned it as well as dry burned the coils, threw it back in and checked resistance (using mod) and it was reading again erratic...sometimes .5, then 4.0 etc.

I put the tank to the side thinking I'll figure this out later....then another tank had the exact same problems. I started thinking it was the mod but I tried it out on some other mods and got the same thing. After having to narrow my vaping down to a single tank instead of 3 I began to look at this issue closely today. For some reason I keep seeing too much resistance. I've tried the following;
-dry burned coils
-tightening screws from base to coil
-loosened screws then retightened hoping I'd get a better connection
-removed coils from deck, washed coils and screws (using oxy clean solution) then reinstall thinking some type of build up was causing bad connection
-cleaned 510 connection on both mod and tank with rubbing alcohol
-created new coils and installed

I'm hoping someone with more experience with vaping (I've only been vaping for 6 months now) and/or someone with more experience with these tanks can give some insight or help. I started out with Smok since that's the first device I bought (Stick One Plus) but have had some issues with them such as
-stick one plus battery DOA
- 2 decks seem to be broken based on the above
-G2 deck was burning plastic from the first time using it
-1 of 2 VW mods glitches and has to be restarted to work

Am I expecting too much from stuff made in china and need to understand that eventually my vape gear will break down and buying a new deck, even if it is rebuildable, every 6 months is part of the game? Or am I missing something that more experienced people have already been through? Should I try a different brand of gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread