Smok TFV8 Big Baby worth it in 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DikkeLoeter

Jan 5, 2022
Hello everyone

I recently picked up vaping again after several years. I did some mtl the past months but I feel like I'm going to get back in to sub ohm vaping.

I did some research and was really liking the looks of the Uwell Nunchaku 2 and/or Crown 5. (Nunchaku appealed to me because I'm not a great cloud chaser so I dont need crazy watts to feel satisfied, also saving some ejuice along the way is a plus for me)

HOWEVER:
I was about to order the Nunchaku 2, when I found an old Smok TFV8 Big Baby in my closet catching dust, which I totally forgot I still had and hasn't been used in like 4 years.

Now my questing for the experienced vapers around here:

Should I save some bucks and stick with the Big Baby (I would need to get new coils, any recommendations are welcome as I have no clue which ones are compatible these days except for the original standard ones) or just go with a new, more modern tank thats a little more up to date?

In order words: Is the Smok TFV8 Big Baby still worth it in 2022?

Curious about your opinions
Thanks!

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
YES.
Yes It IS :thumb:

It (and associated SMOK Coils) was, is, and always will be my Faves & the ONLY "non-Rebuildable" in my Armory. I run one on an old SnowWolf mini 75 "Nightstand" Rig, another on a Squidvape Detonator "Chairside" Rig, and another on a Drag X plus "Harley-Riding" Rig (w/Serpent's Grip Lanyard).
SMOK has a plethora of diff Config Coils to accommodate any Vaper/Taste/Pref. Also will accept Advken Owl & Manta Coils as well as Asmodus Mesh Coils (the BEST IMO but can't find 'em anymore). I prefer the TFV8 M2 0.25 dual-coils at 36-42 Watts (depending on which Juice/Liquid) for all around Flavor, Vapor-Mass, Density & Warmth but your mileage may vary ;)

Oh, and the Wife still runs Big-Baby-Beasts on 3 of her 4 Rigs.
So guess that makes it :thumbs: 2-thumbs up and a Hay-ill Yay-isss from the both of us.

• Useful
Reactions: Superuser187

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yep....
Actually, an OEM "RBA Coil" comes/came with some of the Tanks in the Boxes. Have several but yet to mess with them. If gonna build, rather build one of my Taifuns or Kayfuns.

I don't know exactly what it is, but the flavor seems better for me when I use vertical builds vs. horizontal builds. So I was really excited with those Wotofo SMRT rebuildables. They are quicker to rebuild too.

Reactions: Taintedhalo

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello everyone

I recently picked up vaping again after several years. I did some mtl the past months but I feel like I'm going to get back in to sub ohm vaping.

I did some research and was really liking the looks of the Uwell Nunchaku 2 and/or Crown 5. (Nunchaku appealed to me because I'm not a great cloud chaser so I dont need crazy watts to feel satisfied, also saving some ejuice along the way is a plus for me)

HOWEVER:
    I was about to order the Nunchaku 2, when I found an old Smok TFV8 Big Baby in my closet catching dust, which I totally forgot I still had and hasn't been used in like 4 years.

Now my questing for the experienced vapers around here:

Should I save some bucks and stick with the Big Baby (I would need to get new coils, any recommendations are welcome as I have no clue which ones are compatible these days except for the original standard ones) or just go with a new, more modern tank thats a little more up to date?

In order words: Is the Smok TFV8 Big Baby still worth it in 2022?

Curious about your opinions
    Thanks!
    Yes definitely, I have and use the TFV8 big baby and baby and find them very good tanks and good coils. Of course there are always alternatives that are as good or better but if you have it use it lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread