Smok V8 Baby brand new.. battery charge problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I believe that is a 2000mah battery running the Baby Beast tank. Depending on how many hits and how long they are, that may be all the longer you will get out of it. I have the Stick V8 (3000mah) with the Big Baby Beast and get about 3 hours out of a charge, so sounds about right. That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but IMHO, these are not devices to get one through a day of vaping unless you get more then one.

ETA: And Welcome to the forum!

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
I have a brand new Smok V8 Baby, I charged the device until it was fully charged and the battery was dead after 2 hours. The device was on the charger for about 6 hours. This has happened every time I have charged it. What is the normal length of time the battery should last for?

Is the battery going dead or discharging at idle or are you using the device for 2 hours?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
From the sounds of things, that sounds about right. Is your preference tube/stick mods, or would you be into a box mod? A dual battery removable, rechargeable box mod might be better suited for your vaping/power needs. There are startup costs, including an external charger, at least two sets of married batteries for easy switching them out, and the mod itself. Batteries and a charger are both fairly inexpensive, but you want to make sure you get authentic batteries from a reputable supplier as well as a decent charger (which can be purchased quite inexpensively especially if it's two bay) might want to check out Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum, there's a table that will give you various battery specs for vaping and a list of reputable suppliers... Every time I try to copy the table, I fail, but it's easy to find.

Your other option as others have said is to have two (or more) smok sticks in rotation so that you can get through the day while charging your other batteries. That sounds a bit unwieldy to me, but whatever works best for you. :) It does sound like your wattage needs are higher than what that battery can deliver, though.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have a brand new Smok V8 Baby, I charged the device until it was fully charged and the battery was dead after 2 hours. The device was on the charger for about 6 hours. This has happened every time I have charged it. What is the normal length of time the battery should last for?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...attery-current-draw-for-a-regulated-mod.7532/
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread