Ry4life

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Canada
smok Xcube 2 Specs

• Wattage: 6-160W
  • Voltage Range: 0.35-8V
  • Temperature Control Range: 200°F-600°F / 100°C-315°C
  • Resistances: 0.06-3.0 ohm (Temp Mode) / 0.1-3.0 ohm (Wattage Mode)
  • batteries: Dual High Drain 18650s
  • Material: Zinc Alloy and Stainless Steel Construction
  • Available Color: Gun Metal & Black
  • Other Features: Supports Bluetooth 4.0 via Phone or Tablet and App (Applicable to Android 4.3+ and iOS 7.0 Operating Systems)
  • OLED Screen
  • Magnetic Battery Cover
  • Customizable LED Light
  • Spring Loaded 510 Connection
  • 16 Wattage Memory Modes
What's in the Box
  • smok X Cube II Box Mod
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
  • 1 x Pouch
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Warranty Card
First Impression

Wow , this mod is chunky ! I don't have overly big hands but it sits actually quite nicely . The firing button is foreign to me but is different and works quite well . I don't really give a crap about the lights but I guess it helps the mod stand out from other recently released 150w+ mods . I'm not a fan right off the bat of the battery cover as it seems to slide around and feels loose. I realize there is a fix floating around for this issue but I hate when things are released that aren't perfected like that .

Styling

I think Smok really did a good job of making this mod very clean and polished . The stainless steel construction is very sturdy and gives the mod a very hefty feel that some might find a bit much to lug around but I didn't mind for a good table mod.
The LED light that runs down the mod between the firing button is gimmicky to say the least and I for one think it makes it feel more like a kids toy than a mod for advanced vapers.
I didn't think I'd like the screen on top but it kind of grew on me , it's bright and easy to read with plenty of room to fit all the usual readings. The up and down buttons are very tactile and responsive but sit a little loosely on the mod and cause some rattle .

Performance

This is where things get complicated . I've seen a few people new to temp control mods say they ordered one of these and couldn't wait till it got there only to get it and start scratching there heads, and to be honest I can't blame them . This isn't a mod for somebody just looking to wet there feet . I understand how different wires have different temperature coefficients and this mod has piles of adjustments for virtually all the popular wire you can get BUT I have no way to tell if those are accurate . You can also change the initial resistance of the coil which I've found is necessary to obtain a good vape at times.

Now as an Android user this app made me absolutely furious,it glitches like crazy and won't let you connect or log on to upgrade your mod . I actually had to download the app for my IPad to get it to work and after that experienced ALMOST no problems . In all honesty I was so annoyed with the app I barely used it . The settings on the mod are easy enough to navigate at you don't need to use the app except to upgrade your stainless , or TI . The apple version does work but nevertheless didn't get used after the upgrade .

In regular variable wattage mode with kanthal this mod fires hard and works well but most aren't buying it for that . It is a pretty cheap 160 ( now upgradeable to 180) watt mod regardless of all the other functions and gimmicks .

The TI temp setting starts at the .0035 but can be adjusted from there and I found had to be increased to obtain a satisfying vape at 450 f . ThAt being said it is nice to have several options for adjustment rather than just turning the temp up .
The nickel setting works the same as the TI but the coefficient setting adjusts to 0.006 . I had no problems fine tuning it raising the coefficient a bit probably due to my cheap nickel wire .
The greatest part of the mod that made it stand out is the ability to do temp control with stainless steel wire . As expected it works as well with some tweaking of course .

If you can take anything from this section of the review its that nothing is quick with this mod and for every build , every new coil type ,resistance, wire quality , the vape will change and need fine tuning but thats temp control for you and at least this mod gives you options rather than one setting fits all . I've been able to achieve a solid vape with every kind of wire , but that's not to say that I didn't have to spend hours screwing around with it . So if you hate tinkering and just want to plug and play this mod may not be for you .

Pros

1: Cheap
2: Lots of Adjustments
3: Supports Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel
4: 180 watts

Cons

1: Complicated for beginner in TC
2: Battery door is annoying
3: App is horrible

Conclusion

All in all I like this mod . It's sturdy it works and it isn't expensive. The app is garbage and I don't care! You can change every setting without using Bluetooth so it's not a problem . I had a hard time with the mod at first but after I stopped using the app it all started working better . For the price this mod is worth it . It does temp control well and has piles of customization possibilities.

If you would like to pick one up you can get one here

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_211139.html

Thanks to my friend Wade at GearBest

Thanks for reading and I will update the review if any changes in performance occur

Cheers!

Reactions: petra_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread