Smoke 51 to test market their product in Douglas MN, educate the law to their business

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
No smoke, fire, smell. No kidding. New electronic cigarette hits market | Alexandria Echo Press | Alexandria, Minnesota

Because of the smoking ban, Loeffler wanted law enforcement officials aware of the e-cig in the event they are notified about people smoking in bars, restaurants or any other indoor facility.

Both Wyffels and Wolbersen had never heard of the product before being contacted by Loeffler.

And both of them believe the product will need a little research before they have an opinion on it.

“I don’t know about the laws and how it will affect it yet,” said Wyffels. “It’s so new to me and there are a lot of unanswered questions.”

I guess S51 had to prepare the police as they were going to run into it sooner or later. I just wonder if there is now a conversation going on between the chief of police and the chief of the coffers.

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
They are pricey Outwest, but they are a different concept than most e-cigs. They have some other flaws than just the high price, too, like poor performing batteries, and a hard draw. But they also have huge upsides, like tons of vapor, and a cartridge that really does last as long as a pack. Take a look at my review on my blog, and also look around there at my review of EPuffer's Magnum and e-cig.com's New Minicig, both of which are compatable clones from other manufacturers. And if you are interested in them despite the price, I can soften the blow with coupon codes for whichever retailer you choose. Again, see the blog.

Despite the flaws, that type is my favorite right now, and I am going to be reviewing every retailer of them I can find.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Overall, a good article and about the best e-smokers could hope for.

Education is essential if these are to have acceptance, so congrats to Smoke51 for triggering the conversation with enforcement agencies. I've said before that if we could demonstrate these to, say, local Cancer Society groups, opposition might be substantially quieted. Once people know what they are and how they work and what they produce, the fears are diminished. But just seeing one in action triggers that "make it go away" mode.

I really don't think coffers enters at this level, DC. Not at all. Coffers concern the Big Boys who will oppose us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread