Smoke rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Or vapour rings I suppose I should call them.

Anyway, what is it about PVs that brings about an uncontrollable urge to blow smoke rings? I'd blame my reading of The Hobbit at an impressionable age but I never blew smoke rings much when I smoked dead leaf cigarettes, so why have I started now?

(Currently trying to see if I can thread one ring inside another.)

yoshistr

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
It is a great way to relax, I blow rings with my ecig all the time, most of the time I don't even inhale and I'm just blowing rings one after the other. It looks great and I couldn't blow rings before because of the wind outside. The smoke is also so much more thin so it is very easy to blow rings, lately I've been doing smoke tricks like the snap and french inhale. I used to blow rings when I smoked with my pipe, I think it is the inhale method that makes it tempting and the drag is lighter leaving some air in your lungs to exhale rings, cigarette filters have a lot more tension and by the time you take a full drag you really don't have as much air in your lungs to work with.
Either way its a great way to show off and attract other smokers to tell them to quit smoking analogs.

yoshistr

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
The french inhale is difficult with vapor because the smoke is not very thick but simply drag as much as you can without inhaling the smoke so keep it in your mouth, *slowly* open your mouth to let the smoke rise and inhale through your nose so that the smoke comes out of your mouth right into your nose. If you open your mouth quickly air can get inside and disperse the smoke and it won't work also it takes a little practice to get the breathing times right, exhale/inhale about half the air in/into your lungs first then take a drag into your mouth without inhaling, then as you open your mouth slowly inhale through your nose until all the smoke is gone or until you can't inhale anymore.
The snap is a little trickier to get at first, take a deep drag into your mouth then let a little escape but not to far so you can quickly inhale with your mouth dragging the smoke right back in.
Its a cool trick when you can blow a ring, do the snap dragon, and then a french inhale in a row. Takes a lot of practice though, you can even blow a slow smoke ring then snap it back into your mouth and then french inhale another cool trick.

here are some links to get you started:
http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Smoke-Tricks
http://www.wikihow.com/Learn-Smoking-Tricks

Last edited:

strell

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
www.VapeZone.com
vapezone.com
My wife has an amazing mouth for tricks like this (sorry, couldn't resist). But really, within seconds of her first vape she realized she could gently get much more vapor to play with than she could with smoke. I am terrible at any of them, but vapor defintely is more laid-back and makes it easier for an idiot like me to come close to some "smoke" tricks.

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
I blow rings a lot more than I did when I smoked analogs. It's fun to play with and I think the rings look better with the vapor than they did with smoke. They seem to be thicker or stay together longer or something. It's hard for me to say for sure because it's been over 4 months since I've had an analog.

MoparMike

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Houston, Tx
There are some good reasons brought up here. For me, at first it was like testing my new e-cig for vapor production. If I could blow nice, thick rings then I was happy with its performance. Then because I didn't have to stand out on the patio any more in the wind it was a more common occurance. Now I do it without thinking about it. I even do it while driving since I don't roll the windows down anymore. I had not done it with real cigs for at least ten years and my fiance didn't even know I could until she caught me blowing rings into my computer screen and watching them expand in all directions.
It is kind of a fun act and it isn't surprising that people are doing it more often with a product that they are having a good time using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread