Smoked almonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
Mix almonds w ground salt & rapeseed/canola oil. Fill a (heatproof) dish with sawdust (i prefer beech for this) and fire up.
When smoke buildup looks reliable, place the almonds next to the dish and place a cardboard box upside down, to trap the smoke. Leave for 6 hours, or more.
Use a pencil (or an e-cig) to make a cpl of holes on the roof & sides of the box if the smoke dies out.
For better results, place the almonds nearer the roof of the box or, ideally, directly over the smoke.

This was more fun than:
Title: "New user says hello", et cetera.

But I AM a new user. And I DO say hello.

Hello.

I started steaming, or is it fogging(?), no, wait, vaping today. Having no expectations I'm really surprised that I've only smoked 5 analog cigs today. Normally it would be 20-30.
I'll return with silly questions later. Until then ...

Take care

ps. the smoked almonds recipe is real, try it!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Well, that was certainly a different entrance. For a few moments after reading and re-reading I was thinking to myself, "Okay, now how do I vape that?" :D

Welcome and congratulations! Glad to hear you've cut down significantly on your first day. Before you know it you won't even remember what a cigarette tasted like, and it'll smell different than you remember. (And if you try one after being off them for a week or so, you won't even recognize the taste -- or, most likely, enjoy it for that matter.) Keep at it and you'll get there. And we are always here to answer any of your questions and maybe help solve any problems you have with your experience. This is about the best place you can go for anything E-cig related you could possibly want to know. :)

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I'll probably just experiment a bit, buying different stuff, though it'll cost a bit more. Then I'll have lots of questions i'm sure.
ATM, I'm on my first. A so-called jsb-VGO, which doesn't look like the pictures i get googling the name(?).
It works well so far, though the carts could last a bit longer. I'll probably try out an ego-t next - and a lot of diff liquids/flavors.

Thanks for the welcome.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Novel approach. At first read, I thought you were vaping from the box, then I realized that this was a recipe for smoked almonds! Sounds good. What species of sawdust were you burning to make the smoke? In Georgia, we would use Hickory, Oak, or some southwestern Mesquite.

Most southern USA guys have a smoker grill with a firebox on the side. We start the fire and tend it while the meat or other items to be smoked are on a covered grill that is fed by a duct from the firebox. Great way to cook a Turkey or a rack of beef/pork ribs! 200 degrees is the optimum temperature.

Last edited:

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I usually use sawdust from beech. I suspect hickory and oak will work too - though I'm far from being an expert.
Smoker grill, you say. I doubt there are many of those here in Norway. The South is cool!

Here's a pic of my newly acquired e-cig, btw. A so-called jsb-vgo.

2011-09-25%2B21.22.59.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread