Smoked Brisket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That I hate tomato soup is the only reason I haven’t ordered it yet. FA has the ripe tomato and fresh cream. FLV has basil. I'm wanting bruschetta.
What about grilled cheese sandwiches? Cheddar cheese and toast.

Now I'm hungry for grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. :lol:

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com

could be interesting I have not made a grilled cheese in ages but don't feel like breaking out the grill right now besides I am making Porkchops for dinner

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Fran is having good luck playing with FLV brie. Couple companies have cheddar and mozzarella.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
brisket.jpg

The ONLY way to consume brisket!

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com

I was kind of hoping to make my own but I may have to go with the beef liquid for safety reasons as to bbq sauce sir I am insulted Bar-b-que is a style of cooking nay an art such sauces are for crapy food such as McDonald's if you properly smoke a brisket it does not need sauce no that is an insult a spit in the face. I sir spent years learning to maintain the proper fire temp, the perfect smoke ratio, developing the rub with the right amount of herbs and spices, the rub that is the perfect combination of sweet and hot that accentuates the natural flavor of the meat and smoke. And you sir tell me I should use some common sauce, you might as well have spit in my face sir. BBQ Sauce that is to cover up your lack of skill! If we were closer I would demand satisfaction, pistols or swords at dawn, sir.

Okay okay, I am laughing too hard to keep going with that, but really at least among the brisket people I know suggesting the addition of sauce is an insult, attempting to find out their secret to their rub can get you killed.

I did order the ooo beef for safety but for the rest of it I have my rub sitting in some PG right now along with my homemade liquid smoke. I did as well place a small chunk of prepared brisket in some pg and going to see if I can get the flavor and separate the pg from the fat and when I test it I am thinking a long stick to push the fire button on the mod as it sits in my smoker. Thanks, everyone so far for the help any more ideas are always welcomed.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Thought a bit more about this, if I was forced at gunpoint to make a brisket flavor (which would probably be the only way for me to make one :lol:) this would be my thinking:
-unsweetened caramel flavor to simulate searing notes
-infused flavors from vegetables and spices (don't know how a brisket is done so my choice would be thyme, rosemary, onion, celery, tomato, carrots and pepper), those would be a very low % of the flavor.
-base meat flavor
-MSG flavor (could probably also be achieved with shiitake or kombu flavor)
-smoke flavor (or maybe even smoked bacon)
-salt flavor

Then use all those to try and make the brisket. No guarantees. Good luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread