The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

smokers need lighters and matches

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Charlz, Dec 18, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Charlz

Charlz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    Just kinda curious about all the things that have become necessities in your day to day vaping world. For me I find a daily use for my jewelers screwdrivers, q tips and paper clips. These are just the daily ones.
    On a crazier note, I discovered balloons for tying animal balloons and a hand pump dry attys really well. Said balloons also work very well for that taryn spin thing.

2. XMit

XMit Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Midwest
    I use clearos so I carry (top in pic) every day.

[​IMG]

Great for removing o rings for fills and manipulating wicks, straightens coils too.

3. redbucket

redbucket Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    USA
    I know a lot of people crap on eGo-T setups, but this is one big plus. Some of you carry some silly things. I carry a 3ml bottle of juice, my eGo-T, and a spare atty.

At home I use the wall charger, and now have the usual drawer of juices, along with a few in package atties and tanks/caps. I have tons of tools I have used while experimenting with other atomizers/cartomizers (I also repair watches as a hobby, so I've employed some unconventional methods to those tools), I don't use any tools anymore.

I used to carry the USB charger, wall charger, and an extra battery (use 1100s), and several largish bottles of juice. But, after a month of carrying all that, I realized I don't use any of it but the basic setup and occasionally one refill. Still carry the spare atty cuz eventually I'll need it.

4. Charlz

Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    maybe that would have been a better question. "How many spare parts do you carry just in case?" Someone else can start that one. I just had to laugh the other day at some of the miscellaneous tools and objects I keep next to my vaping stuff. Just wondering what other weird things people found they gotta have for vaping....

5. redbucket

redbucket Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    USA
    No doubt I'll get into an "experimental" phase and end up with tinkering tools all over the place again, but for now I'm enjoying the minimalist lifestyle.

6. PsychOfMSE

PsychOfMSE Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    [​IMG]

I carry that at work. That's really it.

I have a 510 atty, a 3ml bottle of juice, and an extra 18350 battery in the car glove box...just in case. I've never had to use it though. The 3ml j-tank & 18350 battery get me through my full work day.

At home, I throw an 18650 in it and drip all day.

7. steve in sc

steve in sc Full Member

Oct 16, 2011
    SC
    If I'm going to be gone from the house for more than 6 hours, I carry my eGoTXL with a full tank and a spare battery (just in case). Haven't had any issues so far. When I want to vape, I vape. The rest of the time, the spare battery gets in the way. Did I mention I vape a lot??

Vape On!
    steve in sc

8. Charlz

Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    Ok...this did turn into a what do you carry with you thread.....I like that too. Since I bought my 1100mah echo, I only carry an extra cart in case one fails. Today I dared to leave with just the pv and no extras. I do have a throw away pv in the glove box though.

I was more speaking about what sort of crazy things about the house have become assimilated as pv tools?

9. aubergine

aubergine Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    My KGOS. 4, with filled cartos and tips and refill bottles, 'cause I'm spoiled.
    A few pretty KR808D's, same, 'cause they're skinny and brightly colored and elegant. I like to rotate a lot.
    My grandmother's sterling silver nut-pick.
    Hatpin, for whatever, including juice bottles with small holes, and in case of assault.
    Leaford lanyard (for Taryn spinning, only way to fly).
    Blank cartos and spare juices, in case of apocalypse. Chargers.
    2 PTs
    A scrap of deep-pile bamboo terrycloth, which is absolutely the best thing for quick-cleaning batts and etc..

I absolutely don't need to carry all that.
    I like to. :)

On trips I carry many juices in a big aroma-therapy zip-up case.
    And um, everything.
    In case of getting stranded for several years.

Merry Christmas, and vape oonnnnnnnnnnnnn!

10. tinlizzie

tinlizzie Full Member

Dec 8, 2010
    urbana Illinois
    I don't have to many friends that vape (or smoke analogs) so they always look at me like I am crazy for the amount of stuff I carry on me. Good to know it's a 'normal' amount. Well at least everyone on this thread carries about the same amount of stuff I do. Lol.

11. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    There are a few things around I consider to be specifically vaping paraphernalia - There's an empty, still in the wrapper carto in the glove box of each of my vehicles. I keep a single slot battery charger at my office. I carry a spare battery for whatever PV I'm using, and I usually have a small bottle of juice (depends on what PV I'm using - no need with my bottom feeders unless I'm going to be away from home more than 10 hours). I often carry a second PV (or at least have a spare in my vehicle) just because I'm prone to losing, damaging, or temporarily misplacing PVs.

Just something I consider to be noteworthy: Though I never have a lighter in my pocket to offer anyone who asks for one, I didn't give up having lighters around. I keep a full sized bic in the glove box of each vehicle and I have a couple of mini-bics in my tool boxes and I have Vector and Colibri cigar torches in my camping/hiking/outdoor gear. I have waterproof matches in my hunting kit and a small bundle of waterproof matches in one of my snow shoe tubes. Being able to easily/quickly create fire if necessary is a good thing.

12. Detroit

Detroit Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    akron,ohio
    besides the basics (charger,juice,2PV's,parts) i have safety pins (great for pushing wick up/down on a ego-t automizer) and hemostat's for popping off the tops of catromizers to refill and for disassembling ego-t automizers.

13. Charlz

Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    +1 for making me google hemostat. Very useful tool. Probably a little less bulky and user friendly than my needle nose pliers for dismantling tank bridges. Can you actually grip the sides instead of the peircing part? That's what I had to do with mine and have been warned it can ruin the shape of the peircing part and cause leaks. Like I need to do anything else to make my tanks leak

14. Detroit

Dec 6, 2011
    akron,ohio
    haha ihad to ask my girl what they were called. what i know them by isnt forum freindly. the carts i have at the moment are just for my junk gas station thing. but no i cant grip the sides i just put it in the middle hole and twist and it pops right off. none of them leaked on me while i used it though.

15. Detroit

Dec 6, 2011
    akron,ohio
    oh crap i misunderstood you. yes you can grip it on the tanks. sorry bout that!

16. stretchpants

stretchpants ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just my Provari and tank filled with Copper Creek PIE
    It lasts all day.
    If you were to ask me what kinda vaping stuff I have because I didn't buy the Provari first. Well,(sadly)I have enough to start my own PV shop.

17. KimberlyM

KimberlyM Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2011
    The Land of Confusion
    I too use dental picks on a daily basis

18. gaijin

gaijin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2010
    Japan
    You know, of all the things I use, the one I tend to always have right next to my computer is tissues... and its not what you are thinking (always have to explain to friends why I have tissues sitting right next to my computer, sad really.

19. Charlz

Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    Imagine if you had a bottle of vegetable glycerin there too......

20. inter_ceptor00

inter_ceptor00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Minor Details
    I repurposed one of those small keychain/leatherman tools into my all in one vape tool. little scissors for cutting open carto packs, small flathead screwdriver for removing mouthpieces, pliers for when you overtighten an atty or carto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.