Smokers told me not to Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
New Jersey
So I was at work today and a bunch of these guy at work smoke analogs like a damn chimney. I haven't seen them in a while because of a shift change. They are the maintenance crew and I work in an office. These guys hack, cough, and look like death. I showed them my ecig. They said, "Oh hell no I heard about the FDA on that it's worse than smoking these!"

How refreshing! :nah:

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
The American public and their ability to be influenced by incomplete information.
Exactly what the FDA is hoping for......
Someone really needs to 'demand' (nicely request?) publication of the stats on .... logs in comparison.

And throw in the figures for NRT's too - just in the name of 'fair play'.

I'm on 13th day without smoke (forced myself to try one of my 'rollies' last night and just couldn't smoke the thing)

I hear my neighbor hacking,coughing, and wheezing in the morning..... only about 1/3 as bad as I was before I first picked up my P/V June 15th..... and he sounds like he's going to 'expire'.

Dang I feel good for 51!

30 years of smoking
Vaporized by my screwdriver!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
wow, do these guys not know there is more chemicals in a cig than an e-cig? Just because they found minute traces of 2 chemicals in e-cigs they're deemed worse than cigs, that's really sad.

The funny thing that nobody is talking about is the fact that analogs have the SAME CHEMICALS in them. You don't hear the FDA talking about that, do you?:confused:

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    And with the new laws passing of FSC analog cigarettes, they're putting MORE harmful chemicals in them that haven't even been tested yet! The only test they did on the FSC chemicals was to prove that they self extinguish not that they are in any way safe to be smoked.

Thats what just blows me away. They're upping the price of analogs, and adding more UNTESTED chemicals into them (Ohh wait, they were tested again on rats and it was found that it causes brain masses in rats), yet you hear nothing in the media about that. There are TONS of people getting sick from this chemical, who are angry about it, and trying to be heard and no one, not even the FDA (who put this in place, mind you) will listen. Yet we, the ones who have gotten further away from all the junk are being criticized about it? I'd love for the FDA to explain that one to me!

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2009
    I get some smokers saying, "I will check it out when I get some money, I cant afford it right now", but they pay more than $5 a pack every day. Some say "nope, not for me, I'd rather quit all together" but still buy cigs every day. For some odd reason I havent gotten any one I know to switch to e-vape. I know of 1 person that seems very serious about vapeing but she has no $ for it, she says she will soon, we will see bout that. I let her use my back-up pv whenever she is here and she says she loves it. Other than her it seems like everyone looks at me like I'm free-baseing even though the plain and simple fact is they are the ones free-baseing. I think they will find any excuse to keep smoking that they can.

I started vapeing because it is cheaper and had no intention to quit analogs, it just happend, right away too. Now that I havent had a smoke in a while and nor has my wife, we both try to let everyone know how great this change has been. Still, it seems people look at us like we are crazy.

Oh well, its their lives and let them waste their money and kill themselves the way they want. I still let people know about pv's and tell them how much better it is then smoking, if they dont listen or care I laugh to myself as they walk away choughing out a lung.

Nobody I know has even said anything about the bad propeganda from the FDA. I'm sure that will be the next thing I will hear though.

EDIT: too funny, right after writing this my neighbor came over and said"I just saw a news story on how bad those e-cigs are for you, the fda bla bla bla.....I think I'll just quit(as he lit his analog)before i try any thing like that bla bla, (5 min later he lites another cig), bla bla hack, those things are bad, I saw it on the news"..... Damn, the nazis must have no prob turning their people againts the polish and the jewish, is it that f@#$%ng easy? In the 20 mins we talked he smoked 3 cigs and I took about 3-4 puffs off my 510. We really need someone to help us out with this bs propaganda assult against e-vape........Im astonished.

Last edited:

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2009
    And with the new laws passing of FSC analog cigarettes, they're putting MORE harmful chemicals in them that haven't even been tested yet! The only test they did on the FSC chemicals was to prove that they self extinguish not that they are in any way safe to be smoked.

Thats what just blows me away. They're upping the price of analogs, and adding more UNTESTED chemicals into them (Ohh wait, they were tested again on rats and it was found that it causes brain masses in rats), yet you hear nothing in the media about that. There are TONS of people getting sick from this chemical, who are angry about it, and trying to be heard and no one, not even the FDA (who put this in place, mind you) will listen. Yet we, the ones who have gotten further away from all the junk are being criticized about it? I'd love for the FDA to explain that one to me!

I think fsc is another way to get you to smoke faster and harder. I know I did before I got my vape on.

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2009
    New Jersey
    LOL Yes. Well, I actually have had many people around me switch to vaping. Usually it is the cost issue but I explain to them that they could in theory spend $100 and it should last them more than a month. These people are heavy smokers and average spend $60+ a week (New Jersey cigs cost almost $8/pack now).

But more and more people are claiming they have heard the bad things about the ecig from the FDA. My only counter now is to say that the chemicals are also found in nicotine gum and the patch.

happily

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    3 packs a day was $15/day. M 3ml a day of 24-36mg redbull is .45/day. So that's $1.50 per carton of extremely good tasting vape and I can put it out down when I'm busy and not feel like I got have it. Now when I'm doing nothing I vape like a chimney. I bought some family members e-cigs and they haven't converted but that's just more juice for me.

Dilutetrips

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    New Brighton, MN
    I tell people about vapping if they ask. I always say that no one knows the long term affects of vaping. is it good for me? i do not know. what I do know is that it is better for me then smoking cigs. I love vaping. I feel better. I have not had a cig in over 4 months. Will this kill me? well cigs will kill me. I do want to be vap and smoke free oneday, but for know i am just happy that after 27 years of smoking and not ever able to stop using all stop smoking NRT that are out there. Nic is a ...... I have stoped all other drugs and drinking. Nic is the hardest one. I have stoped smoking and I vap. Yes I feel it is a safer way to get my nic. I use low mg liquid. I will someday be done with nic, but until then I hope that the FDA will not ban something that may kill me and many others for something that will kill me and others that I love or others love. I just feel that the FDA should and have many better things to work on then the e-cig. So far, since the FDA report, co- workers who say something to me I point out how bad a test it was and next to a cig. I will never tell someone to do something. I do not tell people that vaping is good for you. I just tell them that I do not smoke anymore. I tell them that I using my own mind to make a choice that is right for me. I have read and informed myself of the risks. For me vaping is better then smoking. Choice is yours. Like all of use should have the right to decide for them selves what they do.

JustJulie

CASAA
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    It is not at all surprising to me that non-vapers are having this kind of reaction. Frankly, if you simply read the mainstream media and hear the "news," it sounds like e-cigs are just another dangerous addiction and far from the "safe" hobby that it's been advertised to be.

For those who are vaping, though, if we've been doing it any length of time, we have "proof" that, at the very least, PVs are improving our quality of life. After 6 months, my lungs are clearer (although still not perfectly clear), and my smokers' cough is gone, gone, gone. I won't go through the litany of health and lifestyle benefits I'm enjoying because it's all old news to those who frequent this forum. ;)

For those who do not vape, however, they haven't experienced first-hand the almost immediate benefits associated with giving up/reducing tobacco intake in favor of vaping.

Moreover, they haven't researched the crap out of this stuff like we have. I now know far more about cigarettes, NTR, and a whole host of tobacco related issues than I ever knew about as a smoker. And because I've educated myself, I feel confident that the FDA report was presented in an alarmist and biased manner.

But that's a HUGE leap for the general public to make, especially when they don't have the benefit of any serious knowledge on this subject.

I'm very disappointed that the FDA has chosen to present their information by telling only part of the story. Actually, I'm beyond disappointed. It's nothing short of disgraceful.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Missouri, USA
    I'm very disappointed that the FDA has chosen to present their information by telling only part of the story. Actually, I'm beyond disappointed. It's nothing short of disgraceful.

I think what angers me the most is the fact that the truth of the situation is so painfully obvious! They either believe us all to be idiots or they just don't care at all. Most likely the latter, especially if they've read this forum at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread