Smokers????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

timonette

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
Northwest USA
Are we, e-cigarette users, smokers; considered smokers in the same sense as traditional cigatette smokers:confused:
The "smoke" from our e-cigs is just a vapor - right:confused:
Why I ask is when a person goes to a Dr., they ask if you smoke. :mad: I haven't smoked a cigarette since June 16, 2008, so in that sense, I'm a non-smoker. :D
What are your thoughts.
Ette

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Well, I think we're ex-smokers using a replacement device to self-medicate with nicotine.

well said Kate. It depends on what the doctor is referencing as well. Is he talking about the nicotine in tobacco smoke, the tar/carcinogens in tobacco smoke, or just the white stuff you exhale that we call smoke. everyone is going to have their own take on this subject matter.

I like to think of myself as an Ex-Smoker who still enjoys the thrill of inhaling/exhaling a vapor that to me, resembles smoke but tastes much better.

The only issue I could see you having is getting a life insurance policy. They test nicotine blood levels to see if you are being truthful or not.

timonette

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
Northwest USA
So, I'm a non-smoker getting my "fix" of "vapor smoke" then, as I haven't had any sort of nicotine in almost 8 weeks! I find going without that EASY compared to going without Inhaling/exhaling of smoke BUT I found cigs harsh & they started tasting too dirty before I gave up that terrible habit. With the e-cig, the vapor smoke is more pleasing & not harsh or dirty tasting. SO, that means I could get Life Ins. with lower prem., than my current one which is for a smoker. Cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for these e-cigs.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
It's all personal opinions at the moment. There is no legal definition for ecigs so it's whatever you want it to be. My view is that I'm an ex-smoker even though I still use the ecig with some nicotine.

I agree with you about the inhaling/exhaling, that's the bit I missed most when I couldn't smoke. I don't get cravings for nicotine, I get cravings for the ritual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread