SmokeStik customers....PLEASE READ!!!!/Dear Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Please let your customers know about an opportunity to be heard by the general public. The TV show, The Doctors, featured e-cigarettes in a positive light back in 2009. Now, they are asking former smokers to share their "best tips and tricks to quitting cigarettes and staying off for good."

Tell Us Your Story

You, of course, do not need to (and probably should not) use the word "quitting" in getting the word out to your customers. You can suggest that they share their story about how they used e-cigarettes to replace some or all of their smoked cigarettes. This is a scientifically accurate description of what occurred and is not a health claim.

Imagine the impact that show might have if they talk about receiving thousands of reponses talking about the advantages of switching to e-cigarettes.

Elaine Keller, Vice President
The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
Casaa.org - Harm Reduction

Last edited by a moderator:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you for this!!!! I think we may put something on our facebook page telling our customers how to word their story. One thing we try to do here is stress that the ecig is about enjoyment.....not quitting smoking. The actual definition of smoking is up for debate now anyway.,....and if it involves hand to mouth motion and delivers nicotine from a tobacco product (which we now are) somewhere along the line someone is going to decide it's legally smoking. So we talk about replacing tobacco with a more enjoyable alternative. We talk about the odor and improved taste sensations without smoke.

Now this is just me....but I intend to tell me customers NOT to use this as an advertisement for our product. IF they want to mention our name ONE time that might be okay. But this is where we all need to come together and help each other. If we start acting like Big tobacco fighting for demographics and target markets we loose all our credibility.

SmokeStik took some flack a while back for not being willing to jump into this fight. It isn't that we are not willing.....we do things behind the scenes that we feel are very helpful to this fight and we are planning to do more. I hope that the CASA community understands my point about how easily this type of thing can end up looking like a sales trick...and then it benefits no one. SmokeStik is deeply concerned about everyones right to vape...don't forget we are a Canadian company...and Canada was the leader of the anti ecig pack.....no one can get nicotine in Canada unless they want to smoke or patronize big Pharmacy.

Thank you again for posting this Elaine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread