Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
The question is.....If SmokeStik decided to offer flavors would you reconsider buying a SmokeStik>?

Please feel free to expound on your vote....but be ready for the rebutal.....LOL. (I will be nice.....just plan on using this as a chance to clarify some misconceptions about SmokeStik...it's been almost 2 years since I started volunterring my services here out of the goodness of my heart.....a LOT has changed since then....so I really do welcome your "complaints" from the past. If nothing has changed in regards to your complaint I will at least give you an honest answer)

Thanks for your help!!!!

Last edited:

AmandaMarie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Modesto,CA
The thing I like most about my SmokeStik is the "plain" flavors. The menthol is so crisp and the tobacco has a great "nutty" taste. I love other flavors...don't get me wrong but I have to say I want my SmokeStik to be a replacement for the stinkies. I just want it to be pretty and vape in place of cigs,when I'm out I love using my SmokeStik in the company of smokers and the other flavors don't cut it when I am in the middle of their smoke cloud :shock: tobacco and menthol are the only thing that break through that nasty smell and relieve the temptation to pick up a cig.If the other flavors you would be offering would be the same quality and strong flavor then...heck yeah I would try them!:) But more flavors aren't necessary to keep me happy.:2c:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
LK,

You guys have one of the best Menthol flavors on the market. Since menthol cigarettes was what I used to smoke I love that about this company. I was torn in how to vote, and I decided to choose the probably, depends on the flavor option. The reason I was torn, was that to be honest I truly prefer to refill, and I would love to see you guys offer the ability to purchase your flavors in liquid form. I realize that many of your customers are not into this, as it does require more than simply taking out a new cartomizer. However, I would definately purchase your menthol flavor if I could get it as a liquid. The order of my preferences are listed below:

1. Ability to buy your flavors in liquid bottles.:toast:
  2. Nicotine strength up to 24 mg as most sites will allow that. (I know you said it would never happen pending more research but it is on the list).:w00t:
  3. Larger battery to produce more vapor. (I realize that would take away from the perception of a cigarette so unlikely):party:
  4. More flavors (purchasable in liquid bottles as well as cartomizers? See how I sneaked #1 in again?):sneaky:
  5. Option for LR cartomizers (1.5 ohm or 2 ohm).:thumbs:
  6. An atty attachment if someone prefers dripping designed for use with your product? (I know it would never happen due to warranty issues with the batteries and customers making mistakes);)

As you can see I already know that most of the options in the list are unlikely... but I believe options #1 and #4 should be quite possible if you decided there was a market for them.:toast::vapor::p

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Gee thanks Allazar.....so basicly your answer is no.....you wouldn't buy a SmokeStik....LOL Cuz if we did ANY of that ....we wouldn't BE SmokeStik.....but thanks for the input. :)

actually just the fact that no one has bothered to even answer the poll tells me pretty much all I needed to know about marketing to ECF. But then that's nothing new.

spazatabc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Randleman, NC
My vote in based totally on the fact that some people might like a little change of flavor. I personally have not tried any of the SmokeStik e cigarettes or flavors. It seems that the people before me like the flavors that you have. So on the other hand it may just be best not to mess with the classic flavors that work for you and that is why i voted depends on flavors.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Gee thanks Allazar.....so basicly your answer is no.....you wouldn't buy a SmokeStik....LOL Cuz if we did ANY of that ....we wouldn't BE SmokeStik.....but thanks for the input. :)

actually just the fact that no one has bothered to even answer the poll tells me pretty much all I needed to know about marketing to ECF. But then that's nothing new.

Well to be fair LK... I would buy another Smoke Stik if your batteries ever die... They are like the energizer bunny and keep going and going... :D

Like CES above, your cartomizers are too darn good for me to just throw them away... they last for weeks when refilled! :oops:

With me at least, you are a victim of your own success. Your products are extremely good, and I purchased a ton of them at one time. Until I work my way through a year's plus supply of cartomizers with refilling (and God knows how long the batteries will last but after 8 months they are still showing no signs of dieing) then I can't purchase more of your products... I'm still using the ones I bought in July just with someone else's e-liquid. I was hoping that perhaps you might decide to sell the liquid if you added more flavors so I could purchase that from you as well! :p

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
well gee...maybe the person who wanted to know why "we are so expensive".....will read this thread....LOL

btw we are FAR from the most expensive ecig...especially when you factor in the value and service we give. Most ECF people are simply looking for something different and need to realize your not the only market out there. Not everyone wants a new hobby. :) And there really are people ...lots of them....who just don't want to cope with refilling and fiddling around....unlike most of us.....they actually use their SmokeStik like a cigarette. They take a few puffs...then put it down. I can't fathom that...I sleep with my lanyard on...but hey..to each his own. LOL

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I say... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!! :D

SS fills a certain niche in the market, and they do it well!! Plus most of their customers are not your typical ECF members... so giving them too much of a choice could be dangerous... LOL!! They have already come out with longer life batts and XL cartos, although I wonder why there is no PCC yet... (I thought Steve was working on one??) :blink:

Not to mention the time and $$ that it would take to do the research in finding just the right flavors to include that would measure up to the 2 they already have could end up being a costly undertaking in the long run... even with some basic ones like Vanilla, Chocolate and/or Cherry.

But that's just my :2c:

[*] Larger battery to produce more vapor. (I realize that would take away from the perception of a cigarette so unlikely):party:

As far as larger batts go... they have already done that... beginning with the Pitbull (which I was honored to be among the beta testers) and did so with a lot of thought and testing to make sure the product was just right before it was released!!

And as far as the notion that bigger batts produce more vapor goes... 3.7V is 3.7V... and a 180mAh batt will put out just as much vapor as a 650mAh one (like an eGo) if they both have the same carto or atty on them. The only diff is that the mAh (milliAmp hours) determines the length of time that they will hold a charge, and some of the larger ones are regulated so the power output doesn't diminish as the batt loses it's charge....

The amount of vapor produced has a lot more variables... like the type of juice, carto/atty resistance, voltage, etc. (it is not recommended using an LR carto on an ecig with a mAh lower than 440 or so) I tend to use them and the DCC's on my box and tube mods since they not only drain the charge, but the life of the batts, too... and those are cheaper to replace... Ha!!

Nope. I love my SS stuff for what it is, and I wouldn't change a thing!!! sillylove.gif

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
. . . And there really are people ...lots of them....who just don't want to cope with refilling and fiddling around....unlike most of us.....they actually use their SmokeStik like a cigarette. They take a few puffs...then put it down. I can't fathom that...I sleep with my lanyard on...but hey..to each his own. LOL

This is my friend to a T. I sent her the disposable you sent me, and she loved it. I then proceeded to send her an 808 simply because she said she would love it if there were flavors and I know the 808 pre filled carto market has lots of choices. I have a Halligan kit I use for a back up and it is very enjoyable, but I admit it would get way more use if the cartos came blank or with non tobacco flavors. I voted the first choice (though I haven't said "duh!" to anyone in a very long time lol) because I think my friend would be happier with your product - but she can't do tobacco flavors and she is 400 miles from me so I can't just swing by and tweak them for her :) Know this though - I fully respect what this product is and the people behind it (reaches down to pet pretty pretty butterfly lanyard ;) )

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
HEHE...thanks Paislia......well here is the good news and the reason behind this poll. After years of futile resistance.....we will be introducing some flavors. I expect sometime in the next month people will start getting samples with their orders. The first test flavor will be the SmokeStik version of RY4. What we are striving to achieve is a flavor that uses the traditional SmokeStik tobacco as a base....and then building on that. We are shooting for a more subtle, unsweetened flavor. So besides the RY4 will be Tobacco Chocolate,Tobacco Cherry,Tobacco Esspresso and Tobacco Vanilla.

I was very specific about NO artificial sweeteners. What I'm hoping for is more of a hooka or cigar type flavor rather than the "TV" type overpowering food flavors. So stay tuned....since we know you ECF people won't buy anything....I will try to see if I can get some samples sent out to you. (no promises) But your going to have to be willing to at least pay for the shipping. :)

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
HEHE...thanks Paislia......well here is the good news and the reason behind this poll. After years of futile resistance.....we will be introducing some flavors. I expect sometime in the next month people will start getting samples with their orders. The first test flavor will be the SmokeStik version of RY4. What we are striving to achieve is a flavor that uses the traditional SmokeStik tobacco as a base....and then building on that. We are shooting for a more subtle, unsweetened flavor. So besides the RY4 will be Tobacco Chocolate,Tobacco Cherry,Tobacco Esspresso and Tobacco Vanilla.

I was very specific about NO artificial sweeteners. What I'm hoping for is more of a hooka or cigar type flavor rather than the "TV" type overpowering food flavors. So stay tuned....since we know you ECF people won't buy anything....I will try to see if I can get some samples sent out to you. (no promises) But your going to have to be willing to at least pay for the shipping. :)

LK,

I would buy a 5 pack of the tobacco vanilla just to give it a try because you are an excellent company... and because I enjoy talking and hanging out in your room... besides... that would give me 5 more of your cartos to refill! *ducks and runs for cover*:vapor:

Is there any hope that you might offer a variety pack where someone could buy a sampler of different types of flavors to see how you like them without buying 5 of each flavor type? (yes, I know I am cheap... my wife reminds me of that whenever she wants for me to buy something!) :p

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Actually that is an excellent idea. I'm sure we will end up doing that even if it's just on a trial basis.

LK,

I was poking around on your website (looking through the cartomizer area to see if new flavors were out and if there were any sales on... :blush:) and noticed that Health Canada did WHAT!?!?!?

When did this happen, and do you know how that was justified? I do not live in Canada, but it both stuns and worries me to see Canada choosing to go that route as to ban ecigs with nicotine. I suspect this must apply to all forms of nicotine-containing substances since even the cartomizers by themselves are banned? Are there loopholes in the law for e-cig users there, or did they essentially ban e-cigs as a means to quit smoking in Canada? :cry:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I think Canadian vapers are law-abiding and very careful...

oh yes....they are. No loopholes. They don't like it believe me.....but we do a HUGE amount of business in Canada. A lot of them use a patch along with the SmokeStik. But it is fascinating to talk to them.....since nicotine in an ecig simply is not an option their mind fills in the gap if they are serious about not smoking. Something useful to consider especially when looking at addiction and how it really works. Because I promise you you couldn't fool a US customer into thinking they were getting nicotine if they were not.....but the Canadians have as much success with the SmokeStik (or any ecig) as we do. Because they want it to work.

guess what the UPS dude is delivering to me today? hehe.....flavors. RY4,Chocolate Tobacco and Coffee Tobacco.....maybe Vanilla......not sure until it gets here. stay tuned.....

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
oh yes....they are. No loopholes. They don't like it believe me.....but we do a HUGE amount of business in Canada. A lot of them use a patch along with the SmokeStik. But it is fascinating to talk to them.....since nicotine in an ecig simply is not an option their mind fills in the gap if they are serious about not smoking. Something useful to consider especially when looking at addiction and how it really works. Because I promise you you couldn't fool a US customer into thinking they were getting nicotine if they were not.....but the Canadians have as much success with the SmokeStik (or any ecig) as we do. Because they want it to work.

guess what the UPS dude is delivering to me today? hehe.....flavors. RY4,Chocolate Tobacco and Coffee Tobacco.....maybe Vanilla......not sure until it gets here. stay tuned.....

W00t! Flavors! :drool:Let me know if you got the vanilla in too... once you have the flavors I will stalk you..... errrr.... I mean stalk the website to see if you offer a sampler pack I can buy! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread