Status
Not open for further replies.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
No competition at all. You can't pry my 2 pink & my 2 hendu sticks out of my hands!!! I've actually sent business your way from folks pming me. But when they have asked me what it was, I said I thought it was a KR808. So it tells you what my teeny tiny brain knew! I am simple, and I know how to use my SS!!

I will confess to buying a passthrough from an "inferior" company, but only after asking Steve if SS would quickly develop one!
Hint, hint Steve.

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No competition at all. You can't pry my 2 pink & my 2 hendu sticks out of my hands!!! I've actually sent business your way from folks pming me. But when they have asked me what it was, I said I thought it was a KR808. So it tells you what my teeny tiny brain knew! I am simple, and I know how to use my SS!!

I will confess to buying a passthrough from an "inferior" company, but only after asking Steve if SS would quickly develop one!
Hint, hint Steve.

Just a FYI.... you can purchase an adapter from whatever passthrough you bought to a 4081 and that would allow you to use the SS cartos. GoodProphets carries them for $0.99.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
This past summer when I was looking into buying an e-cig, I googled e-cig reviews, and most of the reviews had about 10 different e-cigs ranked from 5 stars to 1 and told about the individual product. The main thing that caught my attention was that they would mention that SS was a two- piece as opposed to a three-piece. I didn't know what either one meant, but I knew that two-piece sounded better to me than three-piece.

With all that said, Thanks HyOnLyfe for the inexpensive option, but realizing my ineptitude, I would be back on here asking "Okay, now how do I make this work?"

I have two masters degrees, but neither one was in Tinkering. S-i-m-p-l-e is better for me!! lol

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a Masters in Tax Acoounting and a Post Masters in Economics. Et

je parle un peu francais!
I hate to post it here, but it has a 4 in the middle. If this is breaking rules lk, I will edit it.

Je ne parle pas francais. (not since highschool) But I am somewhat bilingual in disciplines. I speak a little Medical, some techy, I'm fluent in Environmental, early Hippy and Christianese. And I'm learning txt and forumspeak. :2cool:

I guess I should have asked what the connection is. Is it a 510 or 808 or 901 or ...... I think the brand you might be referring to is an 808 unless I'm missing it. PM me if you like.

So if you want to use an adapter so that you can use SS Cartos, you go to the website ... and you order an adapter that is a 808 to 4081 adapter. Usually the first number is the battery side connector. Since they are only $0.99, I ordered one 808 to 4081 and one 510 to 4081 each. Then you screw the adapter on to the battery and screw the carto onto the adapter. By the way, you might as well get a few 4081 or 510 drip tips too while you are there since you're paying for shipping anyway. They fit nicely into the SS carto end and you can remove the cap. Easy filling and very cool looking.

TMI??? :laugh:

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So all I would have to do to drip is take the cap off and replace it with a drip tip?

Not quite.
A two piece ecig has the battery and a cartomizer. The cartomizer is a cartridge/atomizer combo. A three piece is a battery with a separate atomizer and cartridge.

"to Drip" - a verb meaning to drip your eJuice directly into the atomizer. three drops of liquid makes about 7 drags (approx). No cartridge, no cartomizer. Just an atomizer. Doesn't work well with the SS battery or any other automatic because for the vacuum switch to work, the battery has to be open. Juice from "over dripping" can get inside the battery and ruin it. (Forget what I said about protecting the SS battery. I forgot that I decided not to order the 4081 to 510 adapter because I didn't know if it would work with a SS auto battery. I'll go back and fix that in my previous post. Someone else may have some advice about this.)

To drip into your passthrough, you can either remove the tip or drip directly into the opening without removing it. That's what it is designed for.
It's a wide opening and you can drip right "down the pipe", so to speak.

But the drip tip works really nice with the SS carto for refilling and I like the feel of a drip tip. It's easier to top off the SS carto. Technically it's not really "dripping" directly onto the atomizer. But it is convenient.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ok....and now the safety lecture:

do NOT leave passthroughs connected to your PC when not in use

better yet...do NOT use pass throughs with your PC period...but if you do...make SURE that your using a USB2 port.....if you have an old PC that still has USB1 ports your taking the risk of frying your MB....

The best way to use a PT is with a surge suppresor and an AC/USB adapter. Even then....dont leave it plugged in when you are not using it.

Considering the possible risks.....a cheap passthrough is just a bad idea. If a PT is something you really think you need...buy the best quality you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread