SmokeStik on John Stossel/FOX Business...ECIGS vs GOVT.."States Look to Ban E-Cigarettes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Great job!! Thanks for posting the link... I don't have cable either... View attachment 26923

K, here's your winner, my beautiful rescue Harley (he's part boxer, part shepard:
Harley-1.jpg

Big doggie, and it looks like he has control of the remote, too... :ohmy: (love those ears!!)

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Thanks for the video Steve and Susie. Very nice job Bill!!! woo hoo!

Great puppy pics Ardea, LK and GiMante!

Yours are adorable too!

since we are posting pet pics, here is a pic of my 2 doxiepoos (toy poodle/mini daushund (SP?) mix):
the brown one is googie and the black one is spaghetti. they are brothers from the same litter.

Doxiepoos!!! Too Cute!!!!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
OMG! those doxiepoos are adorable!!! What is their personality like? Spoiled rotten I am sure....

okay....I havent had a chance to talk to Bill yet about a new contest..... yes I do actually have to get permission to give away his products...LOL....but it looks like the pet thing is something every one will enjoy...so let me have some of you ideas......in a new thread which I will start......about how something like this might work? I have seen pet contests in other threads but am not sure of themechanics of voting and awarding prizes etc.....

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Love Stossel, sometimes he's a little over-uber, but always sensible in a Libertarian sort of way!
But loved the interview.
I just got two starter kits for two of my neices who will be starting their Stop Smoking programs ASAP. One wants to quit, and needs to quit, the other does not. A challenge.
Quitting cold turkey has not been easy, now Mom says "Get them an e-cig!" (The youngest is ill right now, so will be a few days till we can start.)
Was pleased with the quality of the unit, and the simplicity of use. No three-piece cartridges to make them crazy.
Does anyone know the brand or flavor of liquid used in the cartos??
And some info on refilling, anyone doing it, and is it worth it or no??

I've been vaping for nearly two years, after 44 years of HEAVY smoking was able to STOP from day one. So am pleased to finally make some use of my experience to be of service to people I actually know. I've changed their diapers, so I do believe that qualifies "knowing" them! They are actually very proud of me for quitting my awful habit.
Wish us luck!

[edit] woops, never mind, I just read another thread discussing battery warranty and re-filling cartos. My Bad, I guess buying new cartos is the smarter thing to do.

Last edited:

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
OMG! those doxiepoos are adorable!!! What is their personality like? Spoiled rotten I am sure....

okay....I havent had a chance to talk to Bill yet about a new contest..... yes I do actually have to get permission to give away his products...LOL....but it looks like the pet thing is something every one will enjoy...so let me have some of you ideas......in a new thread which I will start......about how something like this might work? I have seen pet contests in other threads but am not sure of themechanics of voting and awarding prizes etc.....

the doxiepoos are absolutley rotten! they are pretty lazy dogs, and for being brothers from the same litter, their personalities couldnt be more different. the black one (spaghetti) is everyone buddy. very friendly. and the brown one (googie) is scared of EVERYTHING.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Does anyone know the brand or flavor of liquid used in the cartos??
And some info on refilling, anyone doing it, and is it worth it or no??

[edit] woops, never mind, I just read another thread discussing battery warranty and re-filling cartos. My Bad, I guess buying new cartos is the smarter thing to do.

Kate, SmokeStik's eliquids are their own formulations and they won't be selling them any time soon; we tried, believe me. :)

However, I do refill my cartos successfully. One just has to be careful not to overfill, but that's not really hard. A gentle blow through and a quick wipe with a tissue is all that's needed to ensure that there's no leaking into the battery.

Of all the cartomizers I've tried, and I've tried many, these are the longest lasting and the cleanest tasting cartos in existence. They take very well to refilling. They wick well and can successfully vaporize a lot of juice before they need to be discarded. Just pick your favorite liquid and top them off. Remember the cartomizer mantra: top off early and top off often. You don't want to vape them dry.

Good luck.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Nothing finer than a person who shares their life w/a rescue - I salute you

btw...that is a beautiful Newfie in your avatar.....my thing is Collies....Smooth and Rough....rescued of course!

dogsabby.jpg

yes...that is the infamous Evil Goat in the background....and NO...thank goodness that is not wear I live anymore....LOL!

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
Kate, SmokeStik's eliquids are their own formulations and they won't be selling them any time soon; we tried, believe me. :)

However, I do refill my cartos successfully. One just has to be careful not to overfill, but that's not really hard. A gentle blow through and a quick wipe with a tissue is all that's needed to ensure that there's no leaking into the battery.

Of all the cartomizers I've tried, and I've tried many, these are the longest lasting and the cleanest tasting cartos in existence. They take very well to refilling. They wick well and can successfully vaporize a lot of juice before they need to be discarded. Just pick your favorite liquid and top them off. Remember the cartomizer mantra: top off early and top off often. You don't want to vape them dry.
Good luck.

+1 .

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Thanks very much, all!
This should be a fun experience for the girls, and hopefully a successful one, but I see no reason it won't work. I've heard nothing but good things about Smoke Sticks and their cartos, I know it's the simplest and most user-friendly way to go. The girls can go for the bling later!
Nice to have personal helpers and defenders aboard. Sometimes the general public is quick to judge e-cigs too harshly and too contrary.
We know better. More choices than quitting or dying.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
btw...that is a beautiful Newfie in your avatar.....my thing is Collies....Smooth and Rough....rescued of course!

dogsabby.jpg

yes...that is the infamous Evil Goat in the background....and NO...thank goodness that is not wear I live anymore....LOL!

Lk, I didn't know you had Collies. I love Collies. Yours are beautiful. I LMAO when you pointed out the evil goat. I hadn't even noticed him. He doesn't look evil. :laugh:

And for all that have rescue pets I can't say enough about you. There has to be a special place for people who take rescue animals.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Lk, I didn't know you had Collies. I love Collies. Yours are beautiful. I LMAO when you pointed out the evil goat. I hadn't even noticed him. He doesn't look evil. :laugh:

And for all that have rescue pets I can't say enough about you. There has to be a special place for people who take rescue animals.

Hi Sky! ehem, her.

Her name is Abby and she's evil. She ripped Mr. Lorikay's pants...:facepalm:

Lorikay and people like her go straight to heaven, there so no doubt about it in my mind.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
. and the brown one (googie) is scared of EVERYTHING.

what did you do to him? sounds like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder......

Yes the evil goat is a she.....not so evil anymore...poor old thing.....she is old....almost 15......and making her exit from this world.....I'm babying her along but she is getting so thin.....but she still likes her ginger snaps and on occasion will get that evil glint in her eye...so I hope she is still glad to be alive.

Kate51......as always Katya is correct.......top off often and judisciously......4-5 drops around the edge and one drop right down the middle......you need to keep that atty coil at the bottom wet. However....here is the latest tip.....CLEAN YOUR BATTERY THREADS!!!!!

I am using a battery someone returned because they claimed it was "bad"......I cleaned the threads and the contact with a plain dry Qtip......the battery then took a full charge.....and I used it for 6.....that's right......SIX hours......while I was working. So unless the problem is clearly the switch.....battery comes on and stays on by itself........clean the threads. Dirty threads will prevent the battery from taking a charge as well as preventing it from delivering current to the cartomizer.

oh....and btw.....what would cause a battery switch to fail in such a way? right.....ejuice. :)

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Yes, it's been a long time since I used an automatic battery, (now a Janty Stick) but dry contacts very important. Checking often (every change) on any moisture there keeps an auto batt pretty safe from being flooded. I made a mistake with my NPro when I first started, tried to "blow out" my gurgling atomizer and ended up making the battery go berserk and burned out the atty too! A little frightening, those things got super hot. Well, I didn't know you shouldn't blow into it!!
My youngest neice reporting still wanting a cigarette, but after 6 days is doing very well.
One complaint, the menthol carto a little too strong-tasting, she was a menthol smoker.
My advice was to just switch out to the regular flavors, save the one menthol from the sample box for the "must have" times.
She does like the regular flavor too, so that was helpful. Juice strength at 12mg (med) seems to be satisfying for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread