SmokeStik Ultra (eGo style) beta test thread.....post your findings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
yasmin I'm sorry....I am pretty sure your going to end up getting pink. But if you have never seen a pink SmokeStik....you might actually be surprised. They are uncommonly pretty. The finish is pearlescent. <sp?> ;) If you really don't like it I'm sure you can pif it to someone who will love it once you have had a chance to test it.

The tank you get will have a coil already in it...plus the 3 extras.

Where the hell is spacekitty???? always whining for freebies.....this time I sent them to her...and nothing.......MEOW????????????

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Thanks for everything, lorikay! This has been a great contest so far & looks like it's going to get better.

This is the best group of folks I've had the pleasure of meeting in a Topic on any forum & have participated in thousands, though many are tech related.

And will be glad to get a real coil for my SmokeStik tank, am tired of that chimney coming loose on those other coils. Finally, I've shifted from 50/50 e-juices to 70/30 PG/VG, so am going through far less colis.

I promise to keep any future repairs to myself.

Cat

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
Received my email yesterday. So excited! Thanks again Lorikay for everything. I'm happy to help with this beta test. I have to say that you have been very generous and I thank you for letting me be a part of this wonderful group of testers. I will be happy to continue sending my findings... and even happier to sing the praises of this great product to all my vape friends (both old and new). I can't wait to get the coils too because I really am missing using the first tank ;)

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Cat that is an interesting statement.....why do you think thicker juice makes you go through more coils???

The battery is 650 mah.....it's the Goldilocks size....not too small...not too big...LOL ;)

It's not what I think, it's was something that I accidently discovered. Bought a 30ml bottle of Relax Pina Colada from Vapor Beast some months back, it was a 70/30 PG/VG blend & went through the entire bottle w/out changing, or even cleaning the coil, though I did have to change the flavor wick a couple of times, as it was getting hard to draw, but no scorch, nor color change of the e-juice. By chance, am having the very same luck today with Mt Baker's Extreme Ice, am on my 2nd 30ml bottle, at 65/35 PG/VG, on the original coil & haven't even changed the flavor wick.

I told my distributor about it (the Vapor Beast product), as at the time, all of my other e-juices were 50/50 & all coils were from the same packages. He told he that he had other customers who stated the same & many switched over to 65/35 or 70/30 PG/VG blends for that reason alone. And except for that one coil that shipped with the SmokeStik beta, I've never had a coil last longer than a week to 10 days max with 50/50 blends (I stated this in my earlier postings). The one provided with the SmokeStik, after close to 3 weeks, began to get a scorched taste, so I decided to change the flavor wick. Maybe I was wiggling too hard, but the one side of the coil broke & that was that.

Anyway, over time, I began to switch all of my e-juices to a minimum of 65/35 PG/VG (70/30 preferred), and guess what? My coils began to last much longer, in fact have only replaced 3 since changing to these ratios, and one of those was because I wasn't paying attention & mixed two e-juices together that clashed badly (how did I manage to mix clear Extreme Ice with very dark 11O'clock Coffee?). Fortunately, it happened in only one tank before I caught it.

The brand of coils didn't matter, I was using primarily KangerTech (those in the black boxes), and the "Kanger" ones in the white boxes for my two 2.4ml Kanger tanks (the others doesn't fit, base doesn't go all the way in). At any rate, I have only two bottles of 50/50 left & these are the ones I'm still replacing coils with.

So there must be something about the higher PG ratio e-juices that's giving the coils more lifespan. From November when I began vaping through late May, I was buying 5 packs of colis 2 times monthly & that was with burning them off. From June to date, 2 boxes total.

With the three different suppliers I'm using now, this can't be a fluke. On the other end of the pole, my distributor prefers it the other way around, 80/20 VG/PG (sometimes max VG) & takes a couple of hours on Saturdays to rebuild all of the coils he's spent. But whatever he's vaping, wow, it produces massive clouds, normally is using a mod with a kick or a REO clone he made himself. His regular occupation is laying hardwood floors, so he has quality scraps to make & sell these in the months the flooring is slow for $100 each, all on backorder. I would like one, but he's told me, that at least 30 are in front of me, with luck maybe late February.

There has been other members at ECF reporting longer coil life with higher PG ratios. Some feels that 50/50 is too thick for whatever their device is, others likes the sweetness that the higher PG gives. I notice it brings out the flavor better, w/out much color change. For whatever reason, the darker blends, such as coffee/vanilla, will get darker, if for no other reason, steeping, These, I have to change flavor wicks weekly to keep them flowing good.

And to make it more amazing, I've been vaping more in the last 2-3 months than prior, because I've found lower cost, but still high quality e-juices. I can say with certainty that I'm now vaping more than I smoked, at the brink of chain vaping.

However I do appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you, who knows, maybe others will try a higher PG blend & get the same results, or current users of these blends may possibly even vouch for it in this topic.

And Thanks for the Fast Shipping! Got the updated status email today, the package should be here by Monday, can't wait to get another genuine coil in this great tank & my original starter kit battery is waning to it's last days. The timing is perfect!

Cat

Last edited by a moderator:

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Thank You, Lorikay!

You really outdid your self on this one, what a great matching setup. Allowed the battery to charge about three hours, as the first charge is the most important one. You were spot on the money when you said "not too small...not too big", actually the SmokeStik Ultra is a tad taller than my largest (in diameter & mAh) ego battery.

Performs great, as does the tank....& the beta one has came back to true form after placing a Genuine coil made for it inside, it's working as sent to me months ago, am breaking in the new coil. And BTW, Thanks for the extra coils :)

The SmokeStik Ultra, by chance, didn't require the break in as did the beta, still on the 1st fill & the vape is fantastic. A nice amount of vape & most certainly holds it's own against the EVOD, KangerTech ll mini & a RGM2 Clearomizer (I guess off brand) quite well. I know that the main competitor is the EVOD squirrel, but had to include the others too, the KangerTech ll mini is still a $16 tank on some sites, though overpriced at that number & I didn't pay that price for it.

I'm hopeful that this outstanding set looks as good in six months as it now does, but I'm using the set, not storing in a trophy case, so expect some wear & tear, however have no doubt it's going to be performing as well.

The only difference I see in the branded product over the beta & is probably the e-juice ratio. With the beta, at 50/50, even today there's no condensation after sitting a minute, with the branded one, there is. though to be fair, there also is with the EVOD at 65/35 PG/VG mixture. That is likely the difference maker, evidently the higher PG content, the more condensation. Not a fault of the SmokeStik Ultra.

The SmokeStik Ultra most certainly earns a 10 on a scale of one to 10.

Cat

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I will not answers any questions about the product. I would appreciate it if you just use them and let me know privately what you think. It's at the point that you people are going to be giving out proprietary information because I know your going to be taking things apart. So for this round...let's keep it private at least until we can launch the product.

Expect a PM later this week with new thoughts if any.

and yes, I have a charger that works just fine....

and thanks for such a great product....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread