The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoketech Vivi Tank

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by Dieseler, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    I took this tank out of box and out of its wrapper, washed mouthpiece.
    I primed the coil and fired it a few short burst then primed some more and filled tank.

This tank for me is awesome and im ordering some more.

Did i say this tank is awesome ?

Its my hope that everyone else has a good experience and if not you can buy coils from Stormy's Vapor Cellar in different ohm's when they come back in stock soon and or buy some of the wire and wicks from them and have some fun and make your own.

2. horton

horton ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Glad to hear you are happy with the new tank, Dieseler. Mine should be here shortly and I was curious what size needle you used to fill the tank. I'm using 70PG/30VG juice and was wondering how small of a needle I can get away with. I am assuming the hole the wick goes through does not have lots of extra "wiggle" room and I don't want to damage the wick material.
    Sure would appreciate any other tips you may have for the tank as well. I'm wondering about trying mesh and Kanthal when I need a new wick and coil. Saw a video somewhere about doing it, but can't remember now. Think the heat down here is killing off my brain cells....lol.
    Thanks very much...... Horton....out

3. dnrtn2342

dnrtn2342 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2012
    columbus, ga
    Im glad to hear the good review, heard couple bd reviews, but bought two last night in classys. I like the look of it. You can also take that mouth piece and put it on a reg dct tank :)

4. Dieseler

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    The needle i use is the one that comes for filling the phoenix xl bottom coil ce3. Its a small diameter for sure but fits easily in hole.

5. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Thank you kind sir..... I appreciate your help. Have mine in hand now and am super impressed with it. That needle worked like a champ. The tank puts out vapor like a steam locomotive and the flavor is wonderful. What a great device!! I too will be ordering more. Don't think you can have too many of these and I want to try several different mods on them. I just hope these old hands of mine will be steady enough to do the fine work with a hand held drill. Wish I had my drill press in operation. It's mostly cast iron and I need to find a strong neighbor willing to help me get it on the stand. Then I should be able to drill holes with greater accuracy.
    Thanks again, Dieseler........

6. Dieseler

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Horton im sure you know but just be careful holding and drilling its nasty when something slips and bites your hand!
    I ordered a few more and these are just awesome .

7. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Yes, I'm sorely aware of trying to hold and drill, especially something small. I've been "bit" before and have great respect for the drill even at slow speeds. That's why I wish I could get my drill press set up. Unfortunately, I can't lift over 10# and am trying to get one of my neighbors to give me a hand putting the press on a stand. So far promises, but no action...lol. Then I can use the vise on the drill table to hold the work piece.
    I'm planning on getting more as well. I think they are great and I want to try several different mods. Of course, all will require some drilling...lol.
    Thanks for your concern.....I truly do appreciate it. I sure wish I had a little metal working shop to fiddle with these new devices coming to market. It would be wonderful.
    Take care..... horton -- out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.