Smoking Bans How are they enforced were you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapApe

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Ohio
The fines here can run to the thousands for repeat offenders. An individual can be fined 100 bucks.
But from the looks of it the only way that could happen is if you went in to a Health department office puffing away.

There are some Ohio county's have ask to pull out of enforcement do to the state is not covering the cost.
It seem that passing a law is a lot easier than enforcing/ funding it.

Last edited:

Decidion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Washington State
Yeah they pass laws without really looking at enforcement all the time.

Here in Washington state, there is no smoking within 25 feet of any public building entrance and the health department will take complaints, but only police can actually enforce the law. Try getting an officer out to your business because someone is standing outside your door and smoking... it aint gonna happen. Basically a toothless law, unless perhaps you live in the big city where they have walking patrols.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Smoking bans in my area are mostly enforced by disgusting looks, coughing and choking, and snide remarks from non-smokers.

Law enforcement doesn't have the time or resources to actively pursue smoking ban violations such as they do with setting up radar traps to catch speeders, or to use unmarked cars to catch cell phone users in school zones.

LeDean

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Tennessee
www.mountainoakvapors.com
Smoking bans in my area are mostly enforced by disgusting looks, coughing and choking, and snide remarks from non-smokers.

Law enforcement doesn't have the time or resources to actively pursue smoking ban violations such as they do with setting up radar traps to catch speeders, or to use unmarked cars to catch cell phone users in school zones.

Haha! That sounds like Tennessee to me. Smoking is allowed in my area in any place that is considered "21 and up." In those places, they worry more about firearms. In stores, restaurants, etc, you are usually just told to put it out. People are pretty friendly here for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread