Smoking causes one in 10 deaths worldwide, study shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
It's scientific fraud. They falsely blame smoking for diseases that are really caused by infection. They use defective studies that miss many cases of infection or ignore it altogether. Those infections are more common among those less wealthy, and smokers are more likely to be among the less wealthy, so that's how they cast false blame on smoking. Every Surgeon General report is proof of their commission of this fraud.
The Surgeon General Lies About Cancer
The Surgeon General Lies That Smoking Causes Heart Disease

Then they use the fraudulent claims to insinuate that e-cigs are dangerous as well. So, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Smoking doesn't do your health any good. We've all experienced that and we've all seen that and we don't need a fancy scientific study to tell us that. Two-and-a-half years ago there were 20 smokers in the shop where I work. Today there are 10 smokers and 10 vapers. The vapers feel better, and save money if they want to. My vaping is basically free. An added bonus is I feel better.

Reactions: Opinionated

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It's scientific fraud. They falsely blame smoking for diseases that are really caused by infection. They use defective studies that miss many cases of infection or ignore it altogether. Those infections are more common among those less wealthy, and smokers are more likely to be among the less wealthy, so that's how they cast false blame on smoking. Every Surgeon General report is proof of their commission of this fraud.
The Surgeon General Lies About Cancer
The Surgeon General Lies That Smoking Causes Heart Disease

Then they use the fraudulent claims to insinuate that e-cigs are dangerous as well. So, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
But what's killing the other 9?
That's what needs to be asked.
These two posts should be read together.
And we should do so with an open mind instead of our preconceived notions.

There is meat on this bone.
The only question is how much.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
These two posts should be read together.
And we should do so with an open mind instead of our preconceived notions.

There is meat on this bone.
The only question is how much.

I think changing the “common knowledge” that smoking causes lung cancer is fighting a losing battle. Is it really our fight? Smoking is obviously bad for your health, and cigarettes are going to disappear eventually. Even the tobacco companies seem to know that. We need to convince the public that vaping is not nearly as dangerous as they think smoking is.

Reactions: motordude

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Living causes 10 in 10 deaths worldwide, experience shows.

Smoking considerably increases the odds of getting you there faster.
Vaping just gives you a tiny nudge in that direction.

Never smoked, never vaped, never had a beer, never got laid, but got run over by a car while crossing the road to get to my favourite health food shoppe .... naaaaw :D

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
100% of people that have drank water even once in their life will die, so drinking water contributes to 10 out of 10 deaths. Logical facilities run amuck in Tobacco Control.

And being born causes 100% death rate. So not being born gives you a better chance of survival, maybe statically.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
"Smoking causes one in 10 deaths worldwide, a new study shows, half of them in just four countries - China, India, the US and Russia."
My reply to that is: So? Study something else and mind your own business.
From the article:
"Despite more than half a century of unequivocal evidence of the harmful effects of tobacco on health, today, one in every four men in the world is a daily smoker," said senior author Dr Emmanuela Gakidou.'
Busy body Dr needs to get it through her head that many, many people KNOW they shouldn't smoke but do so anyway because it's something they ENJOY.
MYOB BUSYBODIES WE DON'T NEED NANNIES!

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
My reply to that is: So? Study something else and mind your own business.
From the article:
"Despite more than half a century of unequivocal evidence of the harmful effects of tobacco on health, today, one in every four men in the world is a daily smoker," said senior author Dr Emmanuela Gakidou.'
Busy body Dr needs to get it through her head that many, many people KNOW they shouldn't smoke but do so anyway because it's something they ENJOY.
MYOB BUSYBODIES WE DON'T NEED NANNIES!
Sorry, but in a world of government funded health care, it's everybody's business.
It's also about the slipperiest of slippery slopes that one can imagine.

EDIT:
For anyone that can't read between the lines...
Government funded health care is the door to 1984...

Whether you're for it or against it, at least realize the truth of it.

Last edited:

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Sorry, but in a world of government funded health care, it's everybody's business.
It's also about the slipperiest of slippery slopes that one can imagine.

EDIT:
For anyone that can't read between the lines...
Government funded health care is the door to 1984...

Whether you're for it or against it, at least realize the truth of it.

I would say, it can be the door to 1984, but it doesn't have to be. Most good things can be twisted with evil motives.

Reactions: DC2

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I think changing the “common knowledge” that smoking causes lung cancer is fighting a losing battle. Is it really our fight? Smoking is obviously bad for your health, and cigarettes are going to disappear eventually. Even the tobacco companies seem to know that. We need to convince the public that vaping is not nearly as dangerous as they think smoking is.
Stanton Glantz and his cronies are pretending that vaping causes heart disease. It's based on lab studies, with zero evidence of actual deaths of vapers. Meanwhile, their false claim that smoking causes heart disease is based on lifestyle questionnaires that ignore cytomegalovirus. According to NHANES data, 40% of cardiovascular disease is due to CMV. That's higher than they can blame on smoking! And CMV is more common among working class people including smokers.
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/38/3/775.full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread