Smoking everywhere mall kiosk story

Status
Not open for further replies.

324productions

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
Monument, CO
Lol, after going to the mall and asking the dude if he carried a 801 atty, he gives me a whole speech, trying to convince me on how my jantystick and 801 was a piece of junk... Lol he then trys to sell me his juice which is "12 cartons of cigarettes"-one 8ml bottle..get this.. for $27... I ask him " What model number is that ecig?" He goes i dunno? I go a 4081, basically an njoy.. I give him a card for cigtechs, diet smokes and liquid xpress (theyre all I got). He says why do I want these man?!? I say, Cuz your not the only fish in the sea... I then give a lady who wanted a Smoke Evrywhere, a Diet Smokes card..
**¡¡BUSINESS CARDS ARE THE SHIZZZ!!** :toast:
This forum has taught me a lot!!
Thanks guys!

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I'm with you Domino! I will meet you there and video it for youtube! I got suckered into the same deal only in OK. I know they foot the legal bill but still............just one shot at that guy is all I ask ;)

HOORAY!! IT'S A DATE!! And somone to hold the camera, then someone else to kick him in the man-parts!! YAY FOR US!! :w00t:

And, they SHOULD be the one's paying all those lawyers..nothing quite like seeing bottom-feeders paying bottom-feeders, is there?

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
A long time ago I saw a smoking everywhere kiosk in Rapid City, SD. A little background on my vaping experience, in September of 2008 I purchased an NJOY because of a commercial I saw. I didn't do enough research...my only research said NJOY was the best...um, yeah, I hadn't found this forum yet. Anyways, I somehow managed to quit cigs with it, I dont' know how, burning attys all the time with the auto switch not working and flooding and everything...anyways...then we moved to the janty kissboxes (zOMG, was my fav at the time, was in love) and then of course we started doing mods. So, we are hours from home and my husband was thinking of getting a new atomizer for our old 4081s just to have one around. So we ask the price and we ..... bricks...and then I asked if he had 801s. He said he had no idea what I was talking about. I said those penstyle ones on your tv here. He said they were old school, they don't even make them anymore. Then of course he tries to sell me his POS. I told him I was set. Asked if he had any liquids, he said "no, but I can sell you some cartridges, a whole carton of cigs worth for only $20". To which I laughed of course. I told him about our tackle box with all of our extra cartridges and liquids and mod stuff. He laughed at me then and told me...get this..."you don't need a tackle box full of stuff. you only need two batteries and one atomizer and a box of cartridges. My dad has been using the same atomizing device for a year...why would you need extra, you can just come get one at the mall if it ever breaks and it never will." ROFL! He thought mods were ......ed and had never heard of any other companies. I gave him the address to the forum and giggled. Anyways, long story short, he got no business...but sure thought that he could tell a vaper of (at the time)8 months what I did and did not need! LOL! Yeah...nope...don't think so!

Anyways, any time we go there I grab my device and stick it in my purse and I'll strike conversation with him and wait for him to take one of his tiny puffs that you cannot even see the vape from...I keep threatening my husband that I'll have a vaping competition with him, my husband always talks me down. I realize they are paying for the lawsuits and everything, but at the moment, it only will help themselves, nobody else. I realize if they push the point enough we may never see e-cig bans again...but they are sure ripping people off. There are so many people that try it and hate it so bad that they never bother to see if there is anything better. A lot assume that the craptastic stuff costs over $100, so if anything DOES work it has to be at least double that! :/ I would like to outvape him with my v4l cartos though, that would be awesome! :)

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Im in 2 minds about these guys - they are just the end point and probably get given a script to learn and an info pack to sell from and that's likely all they know about PV. I'm sure they also work on commission, so every sale = wages. They aren't there to educate people they are there to sell a product and all they know about it is what they've been told by company HQ.
Seeing one of these places, and their tv ads, in vegas actually Domino lol, piqued my interest enough to come home and do research and here I am today - smoke free and a happy vaper. So, i don't 'blame' them, without them Id still be smoking.

Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US
Good for YOU!! :thumbs:

You also showed a LOT more restraint than I plan on using if I ever return to Vegas and see the little pissant that sold me MY Smoking Everywhere Gold kit..I have BIG plans for HIM...:evil:

:blink: Uh-oh clear the way for domino! :p

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Well at least im not the ONLY one that got duped by the jazzy sales man with the shiny new toy.....

Funny thing is... the guy that sold me mine, (owner of a local head shop) told me all about the FDA and its testing..... guess you can figure how much smoke got blown up my rear that day... and i should be ashamed for having google in my pocket and not using.

Also the guy that sold me the SE told me each cart was equal to a pack of cigs... i went through all 5 carts in roughly 2ish hours... then i got online and watched youtube.. found this site... read and read and read.. then two days later i ordered a 510 Mega kit... 2 weeks after i ordered an eGO.. friday ill be ordering a GLV... i think i need help.... on the plus side ive been analog free since 4/28/10

the only positive thing that came out of my SE experience.. i passed it along to a guy i work with.. he is quite satisfied with it and he too is now analog free.

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
If it weren't for SE I would still be smoking. I had NO idea e-cigs existed until a SE stand popped up in a mall in New Hampshire that I frequent. I thought the idea was cool, but being the mistrusting fellow I am I decided to do research before trusting a mall kiosk (I've heard some real horror stories about t-mobile kiosks opposed to t-mobile stores so I wasn't about to trust a company I've never heard of either). In the end my search went like this:

SE website ---> google search ---> blu cig website ---> google again ---> njoy website ---> google again ---> ECF ---> altsmoke ---> no more cig's.

324productions

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
Monument, CO
Haha, Domino.
I cant believe how that guy didnt know what that there was anything besides S.E.... I mean, he works in the industry? Has he never google'd electronic cigarette before? He was hittin that 4081 like he was suckin frozen icecream out of a straw, shakin and shii lol. He looks at my 801 (its burning out) and says "daas ya problem foo, ya cant get to ya atomizea" im like... "That is the atomizer fool!" Lol heres an idea, since someones designing ECF buisness cards, why dont we buy some and drop em in a close proximity near the keosks, keep in mind i am not for littering, just giving people knowledge and job (custodial arts?) also thinking of a way to give other eigs exposure. Kinda like how vegas is to stripper cards! IM JOKING! But seriously folks any ideas?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I think them guys drink that juice. I went there when I first started vaping and showed him my ecig and he said they were the only people in the US that had nicotine in their juice. He said the rest of our juice had librium in it not nicotine. I said, "You guys are so full of ca ca." Then I ask them if people really fell for that? I just took off.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Im in 2 minds about these guys - they are just the end point and probably get given a script to learn and an info pack to sell from and that's likely all they know about PV. I'm sure they also work on commission, so every sale = wages. They aren't there to educate people they are there to sell a product and all they know about it is what they've been told by company HQ.
Seeing one of these places, and their tv ads, in vegas actually Domino lol, piqued my interest enough to come home and do research and here I am today - smoke free and a happy vaper. So, i don't 'blame' them, without them Id still be smoking.

Yes I agree about the commission. For a kiosk here I know that's what they do. On craig's list they had a job posting. 8.00 an hour or some commission I cant remember if it was 10 or 20%.
The girl and guy I have had run ins with at the mall are convinced by the company that theirs are the best LOL. The woman didn't even know what the ecf was. It is just a job to her. The guy was nastier than she was , just started arguing with me that he knew more then I did. Whatever , he doesnt deserve my attention LOL I was vaping before he even had his stupid job at the kiosk. Which by the way he doesnt have any longer. My Bonus Daughter's boyfriend told me the guy was an ... to everyone and got his .... whooped one night after work.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
I think i tried the one in Tampa, FL one time. But, I just remember inhaling and the liquid got in my mouth and burnt ans taste nasty. It was about 2 years ago. But, I'm glad you schooled him!

Ya I think they are all out of Tampa now. Last yr when I started vaping, The kiosk in Citrus Park , near Tampa was White Cloud with smoke 51 signage and products, so was the mall in Clearwater, countryside mall. I was told by the very nice guy that I spent 300$ with, that Smoke 51 and White cloud use to be partners and had a dispute, shortly after that all the signs went to white cloud and they started having thier own branding on the ecigs and switched from ltv9 to kr808's. Now all of the mall kiosks around Tampa that I have seen are White Cloud. But I don't go everywhere in Tampa either so I could be wrong. The white clouds were decent products after the switch to 808's, but way over priced. And I can't get over some jerk arguing with me that 1 carto of their High nic, a whopping 18mg's, is worth 2 packs of smokes LOL.
I ordered my SE off the internet before I found this forum. Thank the Gods for this forum is all I can say!
Like one OP said (sort of), if it wasn't for the mall jerks I don't think I would have been here now. So it isn't all bad I guess.

wphsmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Orlando, FL
Ya I think they are all out of Tampa now.

Interesting story. I've never seen an e-cig kiosk anywhere in the Orlando area. I found this site online because my boyfriend was hoping I'd give up cigarettes. I like smoking, a lot. But hell, if I can do something that's way healthier for me and still enjoy smoking (vaping?)......I'm in! :toast:

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Interesting story. I've never seen an e-cig kiosk anywhere in the Orlando area. I found this site online because my boyfriend was hoping I'd give up cigarettes. I like smoking, a lot. But hell, if I can do something that's way healthier for me and still enjoy smoking (vaping?)......I'm in! :toast:
Yes vaping is so much nicer for me. I have posted in other places about my hubby basically kicking me to the patio LOL. He is an ex smoker.

I am totally surprised they don't have any kiosks in Orlando. My Bonus Son lives there with his Mom, so we go once in a while and it seems to be a much "trendier tourist trap" than we have around here and should have the newest gadgets , toy things to send all the snow birds home with. Geez they have like 3 apple stores there , we only have 1 in Tampa LOL Someone needs to go open a kiosk in Orlando with real PV's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread